Innovative Marine Aquariums

Clownfish14's Nano Cube HQI

clownfish14

thanks for the info and i do search but i can never find anything on what i am looking for but next time i will try harder thanks

-clownfish14

I think google is kinda a skill. Its sometimes hard to word things in a way that will get answers.

Other than that I think this forum is a huge help. I dont post much but I surf endlessly. I got my 29 Gal and JBJ 24gal looking super nice just with the suggestions here.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so yesterday and today i did a lot of stuff to my tank i will list them in order with pics of it after each listing.

1. i bought a fan from radio shack that is made to cool computers and i put it on the back of my tank using rubber coated L brackets. this worked great to reduce the temp in the tank it is now running at 78.6.

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

2.next i went to the lfs and bought cheato to put in the middle chamber with my nano glow led :D

DSC_0162.jpg

DSC_0161.jpg

DSC_0158.jpg

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0167.jpg

3. i found a red worm in my rock need id and i need to know if its bad to have or if its ok to leave it in there.

DSC_0165.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

4. I bought a red acan yay first coral :D:lol::D if any body knows the actual name of it it will be a great help so that i can call it something besides red acan also is it ok to burry the plug in the sand or leave it on top

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_00031.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

5. i wanted to take some random pics so here they are B)

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

DSC_0168.jpg

6. there is a sale at my lfs this weekend and the Koralia 2 and 1 are going to be cheap so i was wondering which one would be better for my tank?

thanks for looking and for all your help

-clownfish14

Militant Jurist

Looking good! Ok, here goes:

The worm you've got looks like a bristle worm. There's some debate about whether they are good when they are massive (4"+), but what is for sure is that the small ones like you've got are a valuable member of the CUC. They get the insides of your rocks rather clean, where snails and crabs can't go. He's a keeper!

I don't know of a specific name for that coloration, but I do know that it's an acan lord, likely an aussie acan lord. I have the same coral. :D

As for the Koralia, from what I remember, your tank is under 20 gallons. At this point, I think you'd be well served by the K1, especially since you don't have any SPS. I'd think the K2 might kick up a sand storm.

Looking good! Ok, here goes:

The worm you've got looks like a bristle worm. There's some debate about whether they are good when they are massive (4"+), but what is for sure is that the small ones like you've got are a valuable member of the CUC. They get the insides of your rocks rather clean, where snails and crabs can't go. He's a keeper!

I don't know of a specific name for that coloration, but I do know that it's an acan lord, likely an aussie acan lord. I have the same coral. :D

As for the Koralia, from what I remember, your tank is under 20 gallons. At this point, I think you'd be well served by the K1, especially since you don't have any SPS. I'd think the K2 might kick up a sand storm.

sounds good thanks for the reply. one more question is the placment of the acan ok or should it be on the rock and if it stays in the sand is it ok to push the plug down into the sand so that it is not as noticiable?

You can do whatever you like with the plug.

You should cut most of it off and glue to your rock perhaps.

Why are you asking permission to push it into the sand? I don't get it.

You can do whatever you like with the plug.

You should cut most of it off and glue to your rock perhaps.

Why are you asking permission to push it into the sand? I don't get it.

im not asking permission :huh: im just wondering if the coral will be ok if i do push the plug down into the sand.

Militant Jurist

Yeah, the corals on my sandbed, at least the ones with a plug, have the plug pushed down into the sand.

If you've got MH on this tank, the acans will be fine on the sand bed. I've got one of my acans on the sand.

Yeah, the corals on my sandbed, at least the ones with a plug, have the plug pushed down into the sand.

If you've got MH on this tank, the acans will be fine on the sand bed. I've got one of my acans on the sand.

so then once it grows bigger and i frag it can i put the frag on the rocks or can i put him on the rocks right now?

Militant Jurist

That's completely up to you! One of my acans (not the acan lord) is on the sand all by itself, while the acan lord is on a rock near the sand.

That's completely up to you! One of my acans (not the acan lord) is on the sand all by itself, while the acan lord is on a rock near the sand.

if i do put him on the rocks will he grow on them or will he stay on his plug

Militant Jurist

Either way, the acan will form it's own skeleton. If it's on a rock, the skeleton will grow over the rock. If it's on the sand, it will grow over the sand. The only difference is that it would be a tad bit easier to frag if it's growing on the sand.

Either way, the acan will form it's own skeleton. If it's on a rock, the skeleton will grow over the rock. If it's on the sand, it will grow over the sand. The only difference is that it would be a tad bit easier to frag if it's growing on the sand.

ok i think i am going to stick it on the rocks thanks

Hey Guys

ok so my lfs had a supper sale :D and i could not help my self so i went to take a look and ended up spending like 80 dollars :o here are some pics of what i got. :)

firefish goby :lol:

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

mag-float :)

DSC_0060.jpg

koralia 2 :P

DSC_0059.jpg

tiger jawfish :D

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

acclimation :P

DSC_0053.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

thanks for looking and let me know what you think. :D

thanks,

clownfish14

Needs a FTS. How's the clown doing?

there is a fts on pg 1 i will post it here later the clown is doing great he is vary active and is eatting like a pig lol :D

updated FTS 12-21-09

DSC_0067.jpg

Good news my jawfish ( JAWS ) is making a burrow under one of my rocks he is still sorta skitish but i will see if i can get a pic of him in it.

Your tank is lookng amazing! Nice rebound from the mistakes and its really taking off! glad you didn't give up when u had some hardtimes with it and its really starting to show! Your acan is sooo nice. Im jealous.

Your tank is lookng amazing! Nice rebound from the mistakes and its really taking off! glad you didn't give up when u had some hardtimes with it and its really starting to show! Your acan is sooo nice. Im jealous.

it is nice ;) i cant wait for it to start growing. once i get some more money for christmas there will be even more updates if you know what i mean lol :P

Archived