SaltCritters.com

Clownfish14's Nano Cube HQI

clownfish14

Ok so quick update

I ordered lots of stuff i will list it bellow:

1. Diy top off system from aquahub( should be here tommrow but i wont be here for the weekend so i will have to set it up on monday)

2.lots of ro/di stuff from Bulkreefsupply (i put the order through paul at Fantastic Frags because he can get it cheaper so i think it should be here next week sometime

3. API reef master test kit ordered tonight and should be here next week.

I will post pics of the Top off set up when i get it. Also i wanted you guys to see where i get all my corals from. I get them from fantasticfrags.com i will post the link at the end. He is a great seller all of his corals are nice a grown out after being fraged and his prices are great.

Link: http://www.fantasticfrags.com/Fantastic_Frags/Home.html

Edit: my dad also brought me home a calcium test kit that he found so now i will have 2 but thats ok at least i wont run out of calcium tests any time soon.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so i got my API Reef MasterTest kit today and so i did a lot of tests here are the results

2/9/10

ph-8.2

ammonia-0

nitrite-0

nitrate-10

Calcium-460 ppm

Alkalinity-214.8 ppm or 12 dkh

Phosphate- 0.5 ppm

are these all good or is there something that i should try to bring up/down?

Thanks,

clownfish14

ok so today i got home from school and noticed that my cleaner shrimp had black blotches. so i tested my water every thing was ok. then about an hour later i was watching my jawfish and noticed that he had blotches on him too. i also noticed some on my clownfish but not as many. i dont see any on my firefish goby or chromis. does anyone know what this could be?

Thanks

Ps my fish also seem to be acting weird my clownfish just swims up and down in the corner and my jawfish seems to come out of his hole and just sit on the sand.

Thanks

Ok now it its time for an update

I finally got all of my ro/di and ATO stuff set up

First the water comes out of the pipe and goes through the ro filter with a 75 gallon per day membrain.

DSC_0001.jpg

Next it eather goes up to our drinking water tap or goes through the di filter.

DSC_0002.jpg

I then put a dual TDS meter before and after the di filter

DSC_0004.jpg

It then runs up the wall and through a valve (so that i can shut off the water going to the trash can)

DSC_0005.jpg

I have the trash can above where my dad has his speedbag ( it is a BRUTE 20 gallon trash can)

DSC_0006.jpg

We then drilled a hole in the side of the trash can so that we can put in the float valve

DSC_0007.jpg

This is the float valve that is inside the trash can

DSC_0008.jpg

This is the start of a thing that my dad thought of. basically it is PVC pipe that runs down from the trash can via syphon down to the ground so that i can turn on the valve at the bottom and get water out quick so that i can mix water in a bucket at the bottom.

DSC_0009.jpg

This is the PVC pipe that goes out of the top of the trashcan.

DSC_0010.jpg

This is the PVC pipe going down to the ground with the valve at the end

DSC_0012.jpg

And now back up to the trashcan where my line for my top off comes into the trashcan

DSC_0014.jpg

This is it coming out of the top

DSC_0015.jpg

It then runs up through the atic and down into my room it then goes under the tank and since the trash can is up higher than my tank it creates a syphon so i put in a solinoid valve that connects to my float valves so that when my tank water goes down the float valves open the solinoid letting the water flow up into the tank.

DSC_0019.jpg

This is the tubing going up to the tank after the solinoid

DSC_0020.jpg

and this is it going into the tank

DSC_0021.jpg

This is the float valves ( i got the DIY kit from Aquahub)

DSC_0022.jpg

This is the float valves in the tank

DSC_0023.jpg

This is the project box where the relay and things are

DSC_0024.jpg

This is the extension cord that is turned on by the floatvalves

DSC_0025.jpg

And now for some tank pics

FTS

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Thats it for now

Sorry it so long but thanks for looking

Clownfish14

• 2 weeks later...
clownfish14

Wow thanks guys :lol:

as far as the time it took to set it up it only took a day but that is because i worked extra fast because i wanted to see it in action ;)

:wacko: All of that for a nanocube...

heck yes it makes it so much easier and if (when :D ) i update to a bigger or diffrent tank i can still use it and if i didnt want to get rid of this one all i would need to do is take a T off of the line that comes to my tank and run it to the other tank and set up another solinoid and top off.

My tank right now has had no changes i have a list of stuff that i want/need for it but i dont have the money so i will be waiting a little longer for anything else

my list right now consists of

1. vortech mp10

2. new 150 Watt 14000K Metal Halide Bulb - Phoenix, Double-Ended

3. one of Urbanks media baskets for the nano cube HQI

4. some sps and other corals

5. a clam of some kind (have not decided yet)

6.some diffrent kind of food consisting of rods food original blend, Liquid Life Cyclop-eeze, PE Freshwater Mysis Shrimp, and then ether soked in selcon or garlic

7. i also need some more salt so i will stick that in the list somewhere

8. i am also looking into HOB skimmers (mostly the warner Marine H1 HOB skimmer)

thats it for now i will keep you posted (as i earn more money -_- )

clownfish14
Right on man, im looking to pick up a mp10. Your tank is looking really good.

thanks for the compliment

do you know where the best price for one is? i have been looking everywhere but the lowest price i can find it for is used. so i dont know what to do. do i buy it used or new? :wacko:

Militant Jurist

Depends on the price difference. Last I looked (which was a while ago), there wasn't much of a difference. In that case, I'd go new. Or, you could wait until April, when a new MP10 model comes out. It's supposed to be AWESOME. There's a post by First and Last about it in Equipment.

clownfish14
Depends on the price difference. Last I looked (which was a while ago), there wasn't much of a difference. In that case, I'd go new. Or, you could wait until April, when a new MP10 model comes out. It's supposed to be AWESOME. There's a post by First and Last about it in Equipment.

ya i just saw that it looks amazing do you know what the running price range on that would be?

also if i were to get the wireless one could i rune more than 1 mp10 on it like how does it work?

clownfish14

Ok so i just put the Phoenix bulb in my cart for marine depot and it said that they were sold out so i went into lighting and found this

150 Watt 14000K Metal Halide Bulb - Ushio, Double Ended

will this be just as good or better or what?

thanks

clownfish14

Militant Jurist
ya i just saw that it looks amazing do you know what the running price range on that would be?

also if i were to get the wireless one could i rune more than 1 mp10 on it like how does it work?

I don't recall seeing a price, but I'd imagine that it should be close to the current going rate. The way I think the wireless controller works is that if you have multiple wireless units, they will coordinate and work together.

clownfish14
I don't recall seeing a price, but I'd imagine that it should be close to the current going rate. The way I think the wireless controller works is that if you have multiple wireless units, they will coordinate and work together.

ohhhhh ok that makes sense so there would be no reason for the wireless for me then right? because i only have a nano cube and that is not big enough for 2 mp10s right?

also do you have any input on the light?

Archived