Pod Your Reef

Clownfish14's Nano Cube HQI

clownfish14

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clownfish14

so its been a while there is nothing new to update ive just been saving my money and watching stuff grow.

my xenia has split twice in the last week and i am kinda worried that it is going to start spreading to quickly. does anybody know if i let it keep growing will it be hard to get rid of if i dont want it in the future?

i will also try to get some pics up tomrow but im not sure i will have time we will see :lol:

thanks,

CF14

so its been a while there is nothing new to update ive just been saving my money and watching stuff grow.

my xenia has split twice in the last week and i am kinda worried that it is going to start spreading to quickly. does anybody know if i let it keep growing will it be hard to get rid of if i dont want it in the future?

i will also try to get some pics up tomrow but im not sure i will have time we will see :lol:

thanks,

CF14

It's easy- just reach in there and pull out what you don't want - I rip a chunk off every few weeks and flush it down the toilet :-p My xenia pops back in no time

clownfish14

ok thanks im not sure i want to yet i just want to make sure i can get rid of it if i ever need to.

also i am going to try to make my own reef food i found this video and it inspired me to try it. and guess what it might even save me money in the long run.

here is the link let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMFDjkKldjo

clownfish14

thanks

the depth is the one thing that i wanted in this small of a tank i have seen to many small tanks with just a flat wall in the back so i wanted to try something diffrent im glad you like it

clownfish14

Update

4/5/10

Well i have been saving up money for a while now and i finally got enough to buy the stuff i wanted here is the list of the stuff i ordered

From marine depot

Liquid Life Cyclop-eeze Whole Freeze-Dried

American Marine Selcon 60 mL

Two Little Fishies Julian Sprung`s SeaVeggies: Purple Seaweed (30g/1oz)

Two Little Fishies Julian Sprung`s SeaVeggies: Red Seaweed (30g/1oz)

Kent Marine Zoecon 4 oz.

San Francisco Bay Brand Freeze Dried Krill 2oz (56g) Jar

Titanium Ground Probe

Tropic Marin Sea Salt - 50 Gallon Mix Box

Seachem Garlic Guard 250 mL

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Doc Wellfish`s Hand Held Algae Pad (Acrylic Aquariums) 3 inch x 3 inch

( i am going to try to use this to clean off the back wall )

From tb aquatics

150w 14k double ended phoenix metal halide bulb

That's it for now i will take pics of the new stuff when it comes. it should be here sometime this week!!!

• 2 weeks later...
clownfish14

UPDATE

ok so to start it off i will show you the stuff i got last Thursday from marine depot

The Box (they did a great job packing it)

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

After that i added the grounding probe and did a water change. then the next day i got this :happy:

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

this light is amazing it is way blue!!!

so that was friday on saturday i thought i would make my diy reef food.

so i went out and got all the stuff i still needed and started making it. here is a list of every thing that went in it:

1/4 pound scallops

1/2 pound squid

1 pound raw shrimp

octopus ( two medium sized legs or arms)

1 pound muscles

1/2 pound cod

green seaweed (nori)

1 pack of brine shrimp

phytoplankton

selcon

garlic gaurd

zoecon

Purple sea veggies

red sea veggies

Freze dried krill

cyclop eeze

here are some pics of the making of the food sorry there are not many my hands were kinda messy. :P

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

thats it i got about 8 bags of it and one bag should last about a month.

i also took some new livestock pics with the new light so here they are.

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0073.jpg

i also got a peppermint shrimp

sorry you cant really see him i will try to get a better pic later

DSC_0067.jpg

and a new FTS

DSC_0071.jpg

That's it for now hope you enjoyed :D

-clownfish14

clownfish14

hey guys what type of clownfish do i have i thought it was one but i had a friend that said it was diferent so now im stumped.

thanks for the help

Id have to go with the occ as well. Tank looks awesome man! That diy food is a really good idea i might have to try that out sometime, maybe when i get a bigger tank. How is ur livestock liking it so far?

clownfish14

they love it. before when i would feed the would sorta just sit there and sorta eat any food that passes them now they like almost chase the food down its amazing. i am thinking of selling it do you think that would be a good idea. i guess what i mean is if i were to sell it do you think people would be intreasted. i havent figured out a price yet but i will see what it comes out to and see what i could sell it for. what do you think?

Im not sure ma i guess i would tally the total it cost to purchase everything, then divide it by the bags and add a bit for labor? Only trouble i could see is shipping. You would have to ship it over night or the fish would start going rancid.

clownfish14

ya i thought of that to i mean i would throw in an ice pack or something to keep it cold as possible but i think your right i would have to ship it over night. i also could give a discount and mabey free shipping if they order more than 1. ok so i think i will try i mean why not lol i will see if i can figure out a price today. if i did sell it should i put it under livestock or hardware?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
clownfish14
Lookin fantastic, I love the cleaner shrimp. :)

as an update i got some stuff at the sale on friday but im having a GHA problem so im not going to take pics until i get rid of that. its already starting to go away so i will have them most likley at the end of the month

as for what i got here is a list

occ. clownfish

some chem-pure elite

and turbo snails

im locking to get some more corals right after i get rid of the algae so i will keep you updated :D

• 2 weeks later...
clownfish14

well i havent updated in a while but that is because my tank had an episode of GHA so ive been fighting that here is the link to the thread about what i have been doing to get rid of it.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry2844229

as i posted in my last post i got some turbo snails and a new occ. clownfish i havent taken any pic yet because of the GHA but i will see if i can get any sometime soon. i also got about 5 hermits to stick in there. so thats it for now i will get pic up soon.

• 2 months later...
clownfish14

Hey guys its been a while since i last updated so i though i would post some new pics. :D Hope you like them. B)

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

As you can see I got a new clownfish the two of them are getting along great. I have also had to start pulling out my xenia because it is growing so fast. I plan on adding some more corals and fraging some of the stuff in there soon so I will keep you guys updated. Well thats it for now hope you liked the pics and please do comment. :P

-Nick B)

Archived