DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Let me know what you think :P

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love the picks. How much did you pay for the reactor? What pump do you run thru it.

i bought the reactor used for 10 bucks i use the return pump for the tank and just run a line from the pump down to the tank then the line from the reactor i run back up and to the return on the tank. it seems to work great and my algea problem seems like it just fell of a cliff :P so the reactor is deffinatly working. i think you cand find the reactor at marine depot though if you are looking for one. there around 40 bucks.

That red acan is awsome.

ya i know hes my precious ;) lol that was the first coral i ever got :)

Ok, new pic time i got a ton of new stuff from ok zoas to awesome sps.

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0001.jpg

Let me know what you think :lol:

Oh ya and guess how much money i spent on all the new stuff. 30 bucks :o well 55 if you count the gift certificate i won in a raffle :P ohh ya lol B)

• 2 weeks later...

hey thanks. oh and i also forgot to mention for my b-day my litttle bro bought me a red starfish its pretty cool looking when it sits on the glass lol. ill see if i can get some pics of it next week sometime.

hey thanks. oh and i also forgot to mention for my b-day my litttle bro bought me a red starfish its pretty cool looking when it sits on the glass lol. ill see if i can get some pics of it next week sometime.

You might want to look into which one it is, most starfish get too large for small tanks and will eat your fish. Others are just not reef safe.

yep they love the mp10 its actually kinda funny how they swim twards it then get blown back but the funny part is the keep doing it lol at least they are getting there exercise.

hey thanks. i got a new piece of acro yesterday it has great colors but i cant get a good picture of it. so ill keep trying.

• 3 weeks later...

CF14,

First I'd like to say your aquarium is pretty nice. You have overcome a lot in your short time being a reefer. A lot of it remind me of me when I first started this hobby 13 years ago. The smartest thing I ever did was invest less in equipment and more in books. I would read the books while sitting next to my aquarium(s) and was able to self ID a lot and come up with neat ways of solving problems. It also helped with solving friends problems with their aquariums. I think your blog is a great example of starting out wrong and ending up right. Good job! Keep on keeping on, especially with the research. The internet is a great source of information, so much so it can be overwhelming and confusing at times. That is why I prefer books but I've also learned that just because I book says one thing doesn't mean it holds 100% true, especially in this hobby. I hope you enjoy this hobby for years to come, take care.

Kevin

hey thanks for the compliment i guess i have come a long way lol. oh and +1 to the readding thing that and talking to other reefers is the best source of info ever. as an update my tank is doing ok ive had lots of problems with canyo and i cant seem to shake it. Here is the link to the thread i made http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=259801&hl= if you think you can help please respond i could really use it.

thanks,

nick

• 2 months later...
clownfish14

Update

Ok well long time no update.

I have done lots of stuff to the tank in the last 3 months in order to get my tank back on track :o . the first thing that i did is figure out why my tank was going downhill, and after talking to alot of people that have alot more knowladge in this hobbie than me :P I came to the conclusion that it was old tank syndrome :o which started when i moved some of the sand around to try to get it to look cleaner B) .

After i figured out that this was the problem i started looking at my tank with a new perspective i saw it as i ticking time bomb which was about to explode omgomgomg . So with this in mind I started my work. I had a idea of the order in wich I was going to attack this and I had an idea of what i wanted it to look like before I started messing with it. The first thing I did was got rid of some fish :tears: . After talking about my tank to more experienced reefers I figured that one of my problems was to high of bioload so i got rid of my jawfish (which was 4 inches long) and my red firefish goby :tears: and dont worry they are in good hands :happy: . so now i have two clownfish and a firefish goby. The next thing i did was a complete tank restart I took out the rocks and got all the dietrus off them by spraying them off with clean salt water. Then I cleaned all the sand. After this I put the rock back in and made it so that there would be more water flow around and through the rocks (another one of my original problems). I then went about cleaning all the pumps and completly rewiring the tank to make it look more organized :happy: .

After that was done I started readding about dr. tims aquatics and his products. When I was talking about him to one of the people in my reefers club i found that Dr. Tim is located right near me and that some of the people in the club knew him very well. I also learned that his stuff works mericals. So they said that they would get me a couple of bottles so I could try it out on my tank. So I tried it. I have been using the product called waste away and I have been taking pictures every week. I have been adding 5 ml every day and doing weekly water changes. After I knew that the original cycle from all the rock movement was over I took some of the new rock I had been cureing and started adding it to my tank to give more surface area for bacteria to grow. The tank is doing very good now and I can tell that what I have been doing is working. I am still adding 5 ml of the waste away every day and I plan on continuing that for some time although I might start to lower the doseage or do it a couple times a week instead of every day. But like I said i have been taking some pictures of the progress and I thought it was very interesting to see the diffrence a couple of changes in mantinance and bioload for the tank can have such a dermattic effect . I am uploading the pics right now and i will have them up in an hour of so.

clownfish14

Ok sorry it took so long to get these up ive been busy so here they are:

Week 1:

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

Week 2:

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

Week 3:

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Week 4:

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Week 5:

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

Week 6:

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

Week 7:

Missed this week it was finals sorry

Week 8:

I need to take some for this week so i will do that and hopfully get thoes up tommrow.

Thanks for looking :D

• 3 weeks later...
clownfish14

Sorry its been so long here are the updated pics.

e62efc27.jpg

d657de99.jpg

68d23cc4.jpg

Now i think ill start adding some more coral it needs more color :)

Thanks for looking,

Nick

Archived