Coral Vue Hydros

got2envy's 29g T5HO re-mixed reef slope <3

got2envy

I am at worknow, but I will post pix when I get home, he really hooked me up with zoas and a really cool cabbage coral :D

Did ya get some stuff from him too?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was going to, but I was sketched out by the feedback he was getting. I have two little babies that I would have to take with me to pick the stuff up so I decided to wait and see how your corals looked.

I am at worknow, but I will post pix when I get home, he really hooked me up with zoas and a really cool cabbage coral :D

Did ya get some stuff from him too?

I moved it up on the rock work off of the sand and it seems to be poofier this morning fingerscrossed

When I got home yesterday the tallest tip on my green slimer was completly white...if you look at the pix it had a bit of white on that tip when I got it...should I cut it off? I sux at SPS still lol the rest is still looking great but I don't want to loose this piece if possible :(

I got alot of cool zoas from Dub man yesterday...I really have no room anymore :lol:

pics would help a lot. It could be growth or RTN, but most probably the latter.

If it is RTN what can be done? should I snip that piece off? this is the only SPS in my tank doing this...there is a pic on pg 7 sorta, but it has gone down further since about anouther inch.

NOOOOOOO! :tears:

How's your Alk level?

If your Alk is off, it can really upset SPS.

Weets I tested yesterday and Alk was at 10, calcium at 400 Ph at 8

it had a white tip when I got it, but has gotten worse since yesterday.

look real closely at it, with your bestest magnifying glass and see if it is sloughing the skin, or just bleaching out....if there are still polyps then it's just dumping its zooxanthellae and bleaching...if it's shedding, it's RTNing...if bleaching, get it lower and wait....and wait...and wait....if RTN, cut the tip off about 1/4 to 1/2 inch below the line and hope....I have never, personally saved a coral in RTN....It is unusual for it to RTN from the tips down unless you had really high Alk, but it can happen....I have usually seen a distinct line where the RTN starts in that case, what I see in your pics is more of a gradual lightening, which looks more like bleaching or pale growth.....

Check for white skin and polyps first....maybe it's just bleaching....I will keep my fingers crossed for you....

Well def look like RTN on the slimer...I cut the piece off and let's see what happens fingerscrossed

On another note the frags I got from Dub Man

P1010015-25.jpg

P1010017-2.jpg

P1010018-15.jpg

P1010020-19.jpg

P1010021.jpg

the 2 frags with AIO's in back

P1010022-16.jpg

these 3

P1010027.jpg

pinks and RPE's

P1010025-10.jpg

greens in back in the front right

P1010026-11.jpg

green Favia

P1010029-14.jpg

:happy:

sorry taking pix in a hurry, leaving for Miami

Well def look like RTN on the slimer...I cut the piece off and let's see what happens fingerscrossed

sorry about that maria. was it white on the tip when u got it? i didnt notice it. i do have one more frag of it. all the ones i have look great! let us know how it turns out.

Yeah it was like that when I got it, It just started to spread lower as the days went on :(

I will let ya know how it does...I am in MIA today going to the Fins game omgomgomg but I will take a look when I get home. Sux I hope it makes it. I had to cut the largest part off :tears:

P1010001-53.jpg

this is the first day, You can see the white tip in the middle branch...I cut the middle piece off almost to where it splits :unsure:

I had an acro with alot of white tips and I dipped it in Revive Coral Cleaner (mostly for the red bugs) and a couple of weeks later it's all grown back over. I dont know if that would help yours or not but if the other 2 branches start showing white on the tips you may want to look into that.

I am glad your favia is looking better. Maybe it just didnt like the sand that much. Great looking pics too!

I had an acro with alot of white tips and I dipped it in Revive Coral Cleaner (mostly for the red bugs) and a couple of weeks later it's all grown back over. I dont know if that would help yours or not but if the other 2 branches start showing white on the tips you may want to look into that.

I am glad your favia is looking better. Maybe it just didnt like the sand that much. Great looking pics too!

So far they are both looking a lil' better, I cut the entire middle branch on the slimer...let's see what happens :D

Nihttp://www.nano-reef.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gifce stuff you got in thurrr. I really like the cluster of candy canes. I hope to have a cluster like that one day.

Thanks Tigah! I fragged them not to long ago too lol if you are missing any of these 3 colors lemme know and when I frag again I will let ya know...I owe NRF some kryptonites :P

Oh look at those blue cloves go! They're just spreading by the day, huh?

:lol: that they are!

they look great ;)

So far they are both looking a lil' better, I cut the entire middle branch on the slimer...let's see what happens :D

u cut off his middle :huh: l!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: hope it gets better.

i wonder if touching another sps would cause that?

Thanks L337 ;)

pix of the Slimer massacre..well not really since I think I may have saved it :happy:

First snip of tip about a week ago

P1010030-1.jpg

snipped lower along with some healthy polyps :(

P1010065-3.jpg

and it seems to have stopped RTN'ing

P1010066-5.jpg

some pix of my new fascination

Purple cap

P1010037-9.jpg

a bit closer

P1010036-10.jpg

P1010060-8.jpg

I <3 the color of this digi

P1010059-5.jpg

DTflemings pink birdsnest is coloring up nicely with a green tint

P1010049-13.jpg

my green digi is growing

P1010050-12.jpg

a better pic of my pink passion stylo from royalreefaquariums.com won in a raffle :P great frags ya'll!!

P1010054-8.jpg

Nicksreef cali tort is lovely...happy I got a frag :)

P1010055-7.jpg

pink milli

P1010058-5.jpg

Ric corner needs love

P1010043-10.jpg

Green cap is coloring up nicely...it doesn't like alot of light, in the AP24 I had it off to the side under the shadow of the K1..I moved it out to the light and it started to brown out as you can compare from the first pix in the thread

P1010035-13.jpg

Lots a zoas and my acans

P1010039-6.jpg

Side shot

P1010067-8.jpg

FTS

P1010069-3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

M

I'm glad you got the RTN under control....next time you cut an Acropora do an iodine dip right after the cut, just to minimize the ossd of any infection....I generally mix up dip for my "catch basin" for the freshly fragged pieces to wait in, before going back into the tank.....

I would have taken it out but it is aquamended on a rock that would collapse the wall on that side lol

so far so good fingerscrossed Thanks Mitch

OMG Goodfellas is on Bravo omgomgomg

How am I funny? funny how? funny like I'm a clown? I'm here to amuse you? Tell me what's funny?

and as usual, I have reef envy :happy: . I have a digi just like that and its actually growing pretty good. The color is awesome isn't it. Your monti caps look cool, I hope mine turn out looking that neat.

and as usual, I have reef envy :happy: . I have a digi just like that and its actually growing pretty good. The color is awesome isn't it. Your monti caps look cool, I hope mine turn out looking that neat.

Thanks opy! The green monti I have had for a while at least 9 months started out as a quarter sized frag :) I think by far my fave is the dark purple cap :happy:

......All day long the poor guys watching helicopters and tomato sauce.

Tank looks absolutely awesome Maria.

Haha I really think that movie is awesome! Thanks Richie ;)

SPS are looking really nice!

Thanks Weetie! I really wanna see them grow, hopefully I will able to keep them happy...if not someones getting a good deal hahahahaha

+10

I hope that my green monti can look as nice as yours!

Thanks MJ!! hope your feeling better, I hacked up a lung, but I am getting better...I really wanna make that Monday Night game tomorrrow MIA vs. Jets...what a waste of tickets if I don't :mellow:

Militant Jurist
Thanks MJ!! hope your feeling better, I hacked up a lung, but I am getting better...I really wanna make that Monday Night game tomorrrow MIA vs. Jets...what a waste of tickets if I don't :mellow:

I'm finally starting to feel better. I'm still taking it easy and resting up, but overall, I'm better. Hopefully you don't keep hacking up lungs... you need them both! ;) Just take some vitamins and some OTC drugs and keep your fingers crossed! Plus, just going to the game should make you feel better. :D

Archived