inTank Media Baskets

got2envy's 29g T5HO re-mixed reef slope <3

got2envy

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow how did I miss this!? I love your aquascape and the choice of candy canes to top it off is truly beauitful!

T-5 FTW

Your tank looks great. :)

How do you like the super actinic bulb? I'm thinking of trying one out to lessen the light output on tank.

• 2 weeks later...
man i like this tank...i want a frag of everything...lol...

no seriously!....

haha thanks...I will be fragging soon me thinks...some of my caps are getting pretty big all of a sudden and my colored stix are almost touching each other already :mellow:

Wow how did I miss this!? I love your aquascape and the choice of candy canes to top it off is truly beauitful!

T-5 FTW

Thanks! how did ya miss mah tank? :o

The Sundial is great! It would be even better in a tank that is not quite as tall as the 29g ;)

Your tank looks great. :)

How do you like the super actinic bulb? I'm thinking of trying one out to lessen the light output on tank.

The super actinic is awesome...I really like this combo and will not be changing it when I replace the bulbs.

The super actinic and a blue plus are my dawn/dusk and my favorite part of the day to look at the tank...all the colors glow B)

sorry it took a while to get back...I didn't see that anyone posted lol

Yes I have to do something soon...and I really do not want to rescape and take those rocks out :(

muriatic acid u say?

hooligan_78
Yes I have to do something soon...and I really do not want to rescape and take those rocks out :(

muriatic acid u say?

Yes, but just don't overdo it watching the xenia wilt is fun, but too much of the stuff will drop your ph (i speak from experience!).

In a tank your size it may not be so bad though.

So Adam, this is a "add small amount directly to reef tank with syringe" type thing? Any old muriatic will do? I would also imagine you want to do small clusters of Xenia at a time to avoid all the nastiness that must come along with wilting.

AdriftQuasar

Simply a beautiful tank. I have been considering adding a HOB to my tank for the sake of floss and some manner of carbon. I think you may have inspired me to go for it. It's just that I have been running my tank with just powerheads for essentially three years now.

hooligan_78
So Adam, this is a "add small amount directly to reef tank with syringe" type thing? Any old muriatic will do? I would also imagine you want to do small clusters of Xenia at a time to avoid all the nastiness that must come along with wilting.

I'm not sure if you're speaking to me, but my name is not Adam and yes syringe with needle application. Just stab and inject! Small clusters is the best way to do it. I do enjoy watching xenia die though!

Simply a beautiful tank. I have been considering adding a HOB to my tank for the sake of floss and some manner of carbon. I think you may have inspired me to go for it. It's just that I have been running my tank with just powerheads for essentially three years now.

Thanks! mostly I wanted it for the surface skimming...I can't stand tanks with surface scum :mellow:

Thanks for the ideas guys...xenia is purdy but very invasive. I tried to keep it isolated...tried. <_<

I'm not sure if you're speaking to me, but my name is not Adam and yes syringe with needle application. Just stab and inject! Small clusters is the best way to do it. I do enjoy watching xenia die though!

I am sorry, mind was some where else when asking the question. Thanx for the answer though!

AdriftQuasar

So is that the F&S power filter with the surface skimmer? Went back through the thread and overlooked what it is.

tank looks great! but we need moar pics :P

also, how long did it take for ur watchman goby to get used to the tank and not be shy? ive had mine for 2 weeks and hes only out in the mornings :(

So is that the F&S power filter with the surface skimmer? Went back through the thread and overlooked what it is.

Yep that s it. I believe it is the 35

DF&S HOB with surface skimmer

works great!

tank looks great! but we need moar pics :P

also, how long did it take for ur watchman goby to get used to the tank and not be shy? ive had mine for 2 weeks and hes only out in the mornings :(

Thanks ...I rescaped the left side a bit :P

The watchman was out within a few days...I got him really small...Pookie jr. started out in my Unofficial contest tank :)

I wake up somethimes with him staring me down just floating and looking at meh with his fishy eyes lol :lol:

Thanks guys I will take some new pix on Thursday when I am off again.

hooligan_78

I use the smaller model on my 10g freshwater. It has really good flow! I didn't like the filter pads it came with as I thought they were too dense, so I use the Tetra brand in it.

I put Chemipure or carbon in a mesh bag and filter floss from wal mart :)

they do the trick for sure...I am surprised more people don't use them instead of having that horrendous Aquaclear surface skimmer in the tank.

I put Chemipure or carbon in a mesh bag and filter floss from wal mart :)

they do the trick for sure...I am surprised more people don't use them instead of having that horrendous Aquaclear surface skimmer in the tank.

I see that the largest one is 13.5" by 5.25". That's pretty good sized; do you think a fuge could be cobbled together in that one?

I wake up somethimes with him staring me down just floating and looking at meh with his fishy eyes lol :lol:

haha thats cool :lol:

I see that the largest one is 13.5" by 5.25". That's pretty good sized; do you think a fuge could be cobbled together in that one?

I had the larget one on a 75g at one time...I am sure the thread is floating around here somewhere lol

I never did the fuge thing, but I don't see why not...it just isn't clear (see thru) like the aqua clear HOB

:happy:

haha thats cool :lol:

:P

Archived