Pod Your Reef

got2envy's 29g T5HO re-mixed reef slope <3

got2envy

Are you aware of any other Palys that are similar in appearance to the PDs/NGs but with different colors on the insides? These will be kept under LEDs too, FWIW.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Captain Americas :o very expensive and hard to find

there is also the camo looking ones and I have some nice blue ones :D

I just took these pix for ya :P

Heres the blue/teal

P1010049-14.jpg

and the cammo next to PD's in my 125

P1010061-12.jpg

see what I mean about the PD color :huh:

Your tank looks like perfection! You've probably said somewhere in the 14 pages here..but what is your maintenance schedule like for this tank? Do you dose anything? I meticulously clean my tanks weekly..but they don't look anywhere near as lovely as yours. It gets frustrating to say the least. I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong! I have a feeling it's probably my source water :rolleyes:

Thanks gena!

I do 2g water changes a week with NSW and I dose 2 part nano part A and B every other day...20 drops of each...I dunno how many "ml" that is, I guess I should check lol

I scrape the back and coralline off every month so far...also I feed Sea Chems reef plus for my zoas every other day, a capful.

The Vortech is on reef crest mode100% power, i also use night mode and the HOB has Chemi Pure elite in it with filter floss :)

HTH

M

The 40 is still going strong. I want a 125 though... upgrade time? If I got a really big one like that, I'd probably start up a pico so I could keep a close eye on my zoos...

Upgrade time!! omgomgomg

yeah I don't keep many zoas in the 125g...they are all in my 29

I do have some paly's in there and some zoas that matted on the rock when I transferred. I am to scared to lose a frag in the 125, I would never see it again :lol: so I only have my larger corals in there.

Update your thread! I wantz to see :P

pygmy angel harem

Is that an argi and a sixline? Those are two I've planned to have in my tank. I already have the argi.

How do they get along?

My emerald crab was a real pita to catch so I can sympathise. Stupid guy was munching on my acros.

freakin' crabs :angry:

Is that an argi and a sixline? Those are two I've planned to have in my tank. I already have the argi.

How do they get along?

Yes it is :happy: they have their little tiffs, but they get along fine. They are 2 great lil' fish since they are swimming around all the time.

Uh-oh... I found a place with 5 Captain America's. If I get them, I blaim you.

oooh! I will take the blame :lol: and then sell me a frag when they grow out :mellow:

Thanks gena!

I do 2g water changes a week with NSW and I dose 2 part nano part A and B every other day...20 drops of each...I dunno how many "ml" that is, I guess I should check lol

I scrape the back and coralline off every month so far...also I feed Sea Chems reef plus for my zoas every other day, a capful.

The Vortech is on reef crest mode100% power, i also use night mode and the HOB has Chemi Pure elite in it with filter floss :)

HTH

M

Thanks Maria! It does help :) I'm beating the bryopsis in my 35g. Only I'm seeing new "bad" algae popping up in it's place...that red cotton ball looking stuff. It's a constant battle for me for sure. I've been thinking about getting an emerald crab for the algae...but I'm afraid to add a crab!

mine picked on my acros. I dont know if it was eating it or just pinching off chunks but I actually saw him pinch off a piece and I chased him off. After that I got rid of it. Mine ate the mysis off the top of my brain and trumpets also. I have also heard of them eating small fish too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey girl! long time no see :P

The 40 and 75 were both combined into my 125g :D

The 29g was my Aquapod 24.

Happy New Years NR!!!!!

Archived