Pod Your Reef

got2envy's 29g T5HO re-mixed reef slope <3

got2envy

Militant Jurist
Like that movie "Alligator"...soon the sewers will be :scarry:

Oh wait! I have a septic tank :lol:

That just means that when he turns into a T-rex-sized crab, he'll be local!

:o

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok so for the last 3 days I have been noticing my purple cap looking crazy on one side...every day a bit more was gone and a weird looked like a mucus bubble would cover the area under where the hole is now...I would blow it off with a turkey baster but it was still getting worse :huh:

This morning I wake up and as soon as the lights came on I look at my cap and almost had a heart attack :o I look and see something moving fast towards my Lalani day Tripper zoas...low and behold a freakin' gorilla crab!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rant::slap::owned::scarry::angry:

Before

P1010006-38.jpg

After

P1010022-17.jpg

crabby lil' bastage

P1010024-1.jpg

I don't know what to do with him...I feel bad to just chuck him in the yard :mellow:

and I sure as hell am not throwing him in my 125g's sump

thats some awesome growth from you Idaho grape. good job :D

That crab looks nasty...Shotglass pico in the freezer? :haha:

Yea I felt bad throwing the mantis shrimp I found out in the street. Well I felt bad for a few seconds, then went to watch tv. That crab looked like a trouble maker and deserved to be flushed. Your monti will make a full recovery plus some, glad you caught the little *$%^(@!

LOL I am mad cause it was looking so purdy and now it's a hawt mess. I got a couple small frags that I glued to plugs -_- and I aquamended the hole :ninja: just in case....

purple slimer geen slimer duuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhh! :mellow::P

Shush u :P

purple slimer sounds awesome!!!!!!! i don't have dat doh :(

Crab damage aside, dats a purdy cap there Maria!

I love caps,but can't grow 'em fur cheet.

Thanks Richie! I have been dosing nano parts A and B erryday for my SPS :D

I was so angry I could spit.

Good job on catching the culprit! :D

Thanks Lani...I wonder how long he's been in there...I have switched multiple tanks :lol:

I caught him with eyebrow tweezers in your Day Trippers...he was holding on for dear life! I can see how these crabs are hard to see in a tank! he blended perfectly with the LR :ninja:

I was going to throw him in my sump in the 125g but I put corals that are recouping from stuff in there and I have LR that I use in other tanks when I feel like it...so down the tubes he went :mellow:

edit- Thanks DBT the cap looks like it will recover ;)

Love, love, love the photo, Maria--so cool B)

And I'm very glad you caught that crab. How dare he go after such a beautiful cap! :angry:

:P

Thanks!

I know ...how dare he!! :angry:

That is Pretty. Never see red around by me so I think you should send it over OK?

Thanks Wimby! It was one of my first corals :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks beautiful Maria. I am a huge fan of the Nuc Green/Purple Death side-by-side colonies. I will be having the same in my contest tank (even though I will be DQed for budget reasons almost certainly, lol). Have a 5-6 polyp Nuc Green frag, just need to get my purple death on.

2010 will be your year! I foresee a totm

:lol::mellow:

Thanks for the <3

OK it's official: TOO MANY NICE TANKS! Share the love...

I share da love all day erryday :P

How's your 40 long? I miss mine :(

Looks beautiful Maria. I am a huge fan of the Nuc Green/Purple Death side-by-side colonies. I will be having the same in my contest tank (even though I will be DQed for budget reasons almost certainly, lol). Have a 5-6 polyp Nuc Green frag, just need to get my purple death on.

Thanks gab3

I do to! throw some pinks next to em' and they will look awesome!! I wanna try and get the ones that mat together and make half PD half Nukes :D

The PD's def change color depending on lighting...in my 125 from the same colony they are a maroon color...I have them low in the tank.

Thanks for looking!

M

Archived