Coral Vue Hydros

schg's ADA 30c reef

schgr.cube

this build is amazing, just dont get tanks like this over in the uk. we dont have the same kit about for nanos, here people have the "must get big tank" attitude. i should be picking up the glass for my 30cm cube this week and im very tempted to put a sump onto it but i dont know anything about the sizes of pipes needed for a tank this small. i will be following this thread

I can supply you with all the technical details of my tank when I get home, and will answer any other questions you might have. Just let me know!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you like the MP 10 so far? Is it noisy at all? I just ordered one after I got the link for you so that's some more business because of you.LOL Mine should be here on the 26th. I can't wait.

How do you like the MP 10 so far? Is it noisy at all? I just ordered one after I got the link for you so that's some more business because of you.LOL Mine should be here on the 26th. I can't wait.

Love it.

Love love love love love it. It works absolutely perfectly for what I need, and has enough power to knock water out of the tank if I wanted to. Granted my tank is a bit smaller than most using it, I think it was money VERY well spent.

And yeah I still need to e-mail saltwater critters, see if I can get a little something for free / discounted. :P

Still need to fill in a few of the small spots with rubble, but the majority of it is done. Should be about another 3 hours of work (considering drying times) and then I can fill this baby. Still waiting on my wood though...

Vortech housing open to remove for cleaning:

DSC_0417-3.jpg

Closed:

DSC_0418-2.jpg

Technical front:

DSC_0419-1.jpg

Left side:

DSC_0420-1.jpg

Back:

DSC_0421-1.jpg

:D

Love it, you have done great work. But why is the MP-10 on the bottom like that covered in rocks? wont you lose much of the benifits of the vortech? wide non direct flow and wave making ability?

didnt say it was wrong or I didnt like it, just asking?

cheers

Love it, you have done great work. But why is the MP-10 on the bottom like that covered in rocks? wont you lose much of the benifits of the vortech? wide non direct flow and wave making ability?

didnt say it was wrong or I didnt like it, just asking?

cheers

I know this may seem stupid to spend so much money on something to mostly just use it as a pump, but that is basically going to be the gist of it. I NEEDed something besides my return pump to create some decent flow in the tank, but I still need to keep with my whole "no visible equipment" theme and that is why I decided to hide it on the bottom. I think I will still be able to get all I need out of it flow wise, and I am sure that I can still maintain some amount of of wave making ability with the current setup.

Currently, there is no other powerhead on the market that I could use without having some sort of cord running into the system.

just saw how it opens up for cleaning, wow thats so cool...really really cool idea.

even if your not getting the most outta the vortech its still so inventive...and looks great.

Great looking tank. Only have to comment on the MP10 on the bottom. I know your going for no equipment in the DT but it will be a pain to clean. Once you have corals growing over the rock and you having to go down to grab that little guy. Thats unless you have smurf hands ;)

Keep it up!

-Dave

Great looking tank. Only have to comment on the MP10 on the bottom. I know your going for no equipment in the DT but it will be a pain to clean. Once you have corals growing over the rock and you having to go down to grab that little guy. Thats unless you have smurf hands ;)

Keep it up!

-Dave

Yeah I know that is going to be a huge problem, and I am hoping that it won't need cleaning that often. I really just couldn't think of a better way to get good flow without having something visible, or doing a closed loop under (which I just didn't have enough room for on a tank the small)

And thanks!

Transferred everything in, a FEW hiccups *ahem* -_- but at least it is running well. The vortech didn't lose a lot of its power (might have to turn it down a bit even...) and the overflow works great. I ran out of water while transferring though, so had to use some of the scummy bottom of the tank water, and some quickly mixed salt. I'm afraid the coral might be pretty unhappy, but we'll see. Pictures come later, maybe after I buy some sand.

I want to see your tank Sam....definitely awesome....

I didn't notice....DO you have smurf hands? :D

Do you think the stand is structurally strong enough to support 6 gallons?

I want to see your tank Sam....definitely awesome....

I didn't notice....DO you have smurf hands? :D

Do you think the stand is structurally strong enough to support 6 gallons?

:D My hands are massive actually, I just about overflow this damn near every time I touch the tank.

You should come see it, once I get the stand finished, the light hung, the cords all managed, and some sand in it haha. Everything seems to be running smoothly though.... :happy:

Anyone have anything bad to say about the Carib Sea Ocean Direct sand? I'm probably picking a bag up tonight/tomorrow....

I don't feel like spending a ton of money on sand, but can't find anything decent thats try around here.

This is a magnificent build for a nano. I'd really like to see the water movement in the tank with the mp10 on the bottom.

Thanks so much! It still has its share of problems, but hopefully I can work the majority of them out.

The MP10 doesn't quite work how I would like it to, unfortunately. I need to custom carve a rock to sit on top of it and direct flow accordingly, because I just have a few random pieces stacked on top right now. Because of this, it really limits the amount of flow available (as well as rubbing on the housing and causing some problems.)

try soldering it back on. if its easier for you to get a new one then go for it.

btw the thing u did with the vortech is very creative.

levitationDrew
Umm, so I snapped the wires on the pots for my LED. Is it worth trying to fix (I pressed the contacts back together, but nothing happened) or should I just buy new stuff?

Have you pm'ed sammy113?

Archived