ReefCleaners.org

schg's ADA 30c reef

schgr.cube

try soldering it back on. if its easier for you to get a new one then go for it.

btw the thing u did with the vortech is very creative.

Yeah I think that's what I wll do when I get home today, I just hope it still works =(. And thanks! This tank wouldn't be what it is if I can't hide the pump.

Have you pm'ed sammy113?

Yeah, if I can't solder, then I might try another pot. If that fails, then I guess I have to spend $40.

=(

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty dope tank.

Is there a top on it...I saw rockwork is taller than the tank itself.

The tank is clean as hell...and the idea behind it is ever cooler!

Plus I just realized your in Orlando...so the tank just earned another point on score card!

Pretty dope tank.

Is there a top on it...I saw rockwork is taller than the tank itself.

The tank is clean as hell...and the idea behind it is ever cooler!

Plus I just realized your in Orlando...so the tank just earned another point on score card!

Thank ya sir, glad to win so many points haha!

And no, there is no top on the tank as the rock covering the overflow protrudes about 1/2" above the rim (not that I think I would have a top anyway).

I'll take a picture of the tank from afar once the light is hung (tomorrow probably, drilling holes in the heat sink sucks....)

Thought since I was re-doing the Vortech housing, I would show you guys how I did it.

The first version was a PVC coupling (4" maybe? IDK) that I cut down, then glued a cut-up container lid on the bottom of. I epoxy'd rock all around it, and just stacked random pieces of live rock on it. This didn't work as I couldn't really see if I was lining up the two halves correctly, and if I turned it up too much the pieces would sway and fall off.

The original version while open:

DSC_0417-4.jpg

The bottom:

DSC_0418-4.jpg

The new version is the same, but I cut up a CD jewel case and glued it underneath this time. I had to use something thin, as I didn't want to mess up the Vortech by having anything too thick.

DSC_0419-3.jpg

I also epoxy'd a few rocks together (which created more space inside for the Vortech to not rub, as well as some nice little holes for flow!) for the "top" of this little unit. I am currently waiting for it to dry, so I'll have to test it in the tank tomorrow...

Where did the Vortech go?!?!

DSC_0420-3.jpg

levitationDrew

Looks awesome. Hope the reset instructions helped. When I adjust my alignment for the mp10 I move the dry side around. I don't like putting my hands in the tank unless I'm wearing gloves. Is there enough room around the dry side to adjust the alignment?

Looks awesome. Hope the reset instructions helped. When I adjust my alignment for the mp10 I move the dry side around. I don't like putting my hands in the tank unless I'm wearing gloves. Is there enough room around the dry side to adjust the alignment?

Yeah, theres a good 3/4" around it if I stick it directly in the middle. I actually forgot to reset it, so I will try that when I get it all hooked up again (took the wet side off to test fit the new enclosure).

I've been meaning to ask, did you have a tank thread or any info on your setups?

Nope. No threads yet. Can't motivate myself to get it done. Only have my iPhone for pictures as well.

Jeeez, get with it. I can't live vicariously through your sexy shrimp without pictures :angry:

But....Drew has some AMAZING frags in his tank!!!! :lol:

I'll have nice frags soon that look a lot like the ones from your tank....soon as my burglars kit comes in...*ahem*

Looks great! So I haven't got any email cause the thread was moved.... Looking good with the light hanging. I found some vinyl wire cover that will look nice to conceal those cables. Too bad I found them after doing your lamp. Check it at http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...cPath=44_32_656

corals already? monitor your ammonia cause your rock may spike some even if it was totally dry and dead.

Looks great! So I haven't got any email cause the thread was moved.... Looking good with the light hanging. I found some vinyl wire cover that will look nice to conceal those cables. Too bad I found them after doing your lamp. Check it at http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...cPath=44_32_656

corals already? monitor your ammonia cause your rock may spike some even if it was totally dry and dead.

Ooooh that makes sense. The topics kind of bugged out anyways though, it says I always have replies even when I don't.

Ill check out the link when I get home, my phones being slllooowww tonight.

And I ended up transferring 90% of the water from my established 10 gallon, and probably 25% of the rock is from there too. I'm testing daily (perfect... so far) and doing 10% water changes every 2 days or so. If I have any problems, I should be able to correct them easily.

looking really good mate, i still havent got round to even lifting the glass for my build yet

Haha thanks, get on that already!

So I went to Aquarium Fanatics today to get rid of all my blue leg hermits (food thieves...) and Ross said I could pick something small out in exchange. I asked him if he could break off a small piece (one polyp) of Fire and Ice zoas, and he gives me the whole damn rock for free. The thing has probably 5-10 polyps of F&I and about 15 polyps of what I think are Blue Ice zoas. Moral of the story, Ross is amazing. :D

Nice score for a bunch of blue legged terrorists!

I know! I was really quite surprised. Only a few of them fully opened tonight, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to take pictures. I'm not so sure they're Blue Ice anymore, but they look similar.

it's about time. lol. looks good

I know I'm slow, but I didn't want to mess anything up on this one. And thanks!

Archived