inTank Media Baskets

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest

simplenough

it is simply there for a fuge area, and thats about it... i can make adjustments to the one baffle if wanted....

keep in mind that i only ordered enough acrylic to give you guys 1 baffle each.

Thanks.

scoot that works great if you want to use some kind of floss, but the way i have mine is for a fuge :).... so both ways will work its just a matter of what one wants, fuge, or floss ;) good stuff though bro :)

Can you post the final size of the Fuge area so we can start planning?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am planning on building a media rack for mine. I'll probably skip the ATO though and just top off manually.

How are you planning to add a media rack? Currently with the baffle extending to the bottom on the overflow side there will be nowhere to force the water through a rack. Unless I'm missing something? Anyone have any ideas on what they're going to do?

Hi guys, sorry for the late reply.... I actually made it so that there is 4" this way the return pump can fit with some wiggle room.... this leaves around 7" for the fuge. I can however put the baffle in the overflow area and this way you can put in a media rack. So you guys have to tell me do you wan to run meadi, or do you want a fuge?

Thanks.

rgr that, if you guys want i will give the option to everyone! as far as if you want a fuge or be able to put in a media rack.... keep in mind 1 baffle.....

You guys need to get a list going though, this way before i start welding i can lable each tank. I guess I have the distributor working hard, as my order is still processing! :( i thought it would be ready by now... so im guessing im going to get the material next week. No worries though the GB is my first priority as far as building is concerned.

Thanks.

How are you planning to add a media rack? Currently with the baffle extending to the bottom on the overflow side there will be nowhere to force the water through a rack. Unless I'm missing something? Anyone have any ideas on what they're going to do?

No idea, I won't know until I see it I guess.

I would actually like my baffle raised so I can run a media rack. Thank a lot. I can't wait to assemble this. I have ordered so much equipment for this cube it is ridiculous price/gallon, but this is going to be a showpiece in my office.

To clarify.... my vote/choice is to raise the baffle to run a media rack.

JavaJacketOC

Not trying to kill anyone's buzz but doesn't that change the "everyone starting with the same tank" I understand wanting the media rack...but that's where peeps with DIY skills come in. Just my opinion

Put me down for raised for media rack.

Now the question is, whats the size of the rack?

Not trying to kill anyone's buzz but doesn't that change the "everyone starting with the same tank" I understand wanting the media rack...but that's where peeps with DIY skills come in. Just my opinion

Once the baffle is in you're stuck with a fuge or not thats why the option is being given, this isn't really something that could be changed easily after the fact.

JavaJacketOC
Put me down for raised for media rack.

Now the question is, whats the size of the rack?

Once the baffle is in you're stuck with a fuge or not thats why the option is being given, this isn't really something that could be changed easily after the fact.

I understand that but by changing the design to idealize it for a media rack you're basically forcing everyone into going that route...it wasn't the original design that was discussed...we shouldn't be trying to change it now IMO

Whats a good place to purchase bulkheads and what size do we need?

If you buy the 1/2" elbow Eric linked on the other thread you can buy a 1/2" threaded barb to be inside the tank which will work as a bulkhead and give you options for attachments

As far as I'm concerned I'm sure everyone is going to be putting some kind of media and probably some chaeto in the back regardless of how it is set up.

It's not that big of a deal IMO

Hi guys, if you are thinking of runing a skimmer I would suggest you have a fuge, bc if you want to run media you won't be able to run a skimmer unless you have anATO to keep your level consistant. You will nee 1/2? ID tubing for the majijet and you will need an MTP Barb ellbow 1/2", and a 1/2" bulkhead threaded on one side to fit the barb elbow. You can get this stuff from USplasticsn or get the bulkhead from LFS and hose, barb from lowes or home depot, for less than 2 dollars. Thanks

Eric, do you have an estimate on when all these contest cubes will be ready to ship? Thanks. We keep getting requests/demands to post pictures of these non-existent (as of yet) tanks.

Doc, unfortunately the supplier just barely finished preparing my order on weds and according to them the delivery man should be at my door on the 11th.... so i will bust my ass to get the tanks done by the weekend, so that i can start shipping them out on the week of the 17th to the 21st.... Honestly when i order material on a monday I usually have the delivery man bring it to my door by that Thurs friday, but i guess they might be backed up with orders at the moment. I will do my best to get everyone's tanks out on time, hope you guys understand.

Thanks.

simplenough
Oi, ya'll are trying to make this complicated again. I'll take as originally shown

Yea, its not that complicated, if you plan a fuge ask for the baffle down, if you plan a media rack ask for the baffle up. Thats it. The reason you have this option is because once that baffle is in place you cant really move it or take it out, so DIY or not it will stay where it was originally put..

Yea, its not that complicated, if you plan a fuge ask for the baffle down, if you plan a media rack ask for the baffle up. Thats it. The reason you have this option is because once that baffle is in place you cant really move it or take it out, so DIY or not it will stay where it was originally put..

I understand why people may want the change, but wasn't the point to start w/ the same tank?

The "same exact design as the one's erickrm is building?" It's like your breaking your own rules already .....

- I'll take as originally shown

patrick1234
I understand why people may want the change, but wasn't the point to start w/ the same tank?

The "same exact design as the one's erickrm is building?" It's like your breaking your own rules already .....

- I'll take as originally shown

+1 it is crap if ppl can move it.

ok you guys need to take a vote.... i dont want it to get out of hand, honestly the Refuge is the best way to go.... media rack will only lead to nitrate build up.... with the fuge like i originally had it, you can run a skimmer and still keep the same design. Looks like most people just want to keep it the way it was.

7" of fuge, and a little more then 4" of return pump area.... keep in mind this is considering the material as well so you dont get the full 12" inside.

Thanks.

Archived