ReefCleaners.org

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest

simplenough

Whoa, as an indifferent bystander that has been following this somewhat closely I think its pretty lame that it turns out they are 9" tall... saying 12" cube can mean only one thing (12x12x12), I can partially deal with shallow "cubes" if they are labeled as such but this is a straight up geometry fail. This is a rectangular prism contest.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure I'll get in trouble for this. I only want people from the contest to get theses pumps. Thats why Its not in the Hardware Forum. Please don't move this post.

I have a few extra Maxi Jet pumps if any one needs one.

2 Maxi Jet 900

2 Maxi Jet 1200

$5 each plus shipping and 3% paypal.

Simplenough got a 1200

wljimbo got a 900

CallMeDRLove got a 1200

1337TANKHAX got a 900

Really all gone this time....

If I find more I'll post here..

I did save 1 of each for my build. So once I decided which one I'm going to use I will have one more.

THESE ARE ONLY AVAILABLE TO CONTESTANTS OF THE "Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest"

simplenough

oh wow bob thanks! I'll take a mj 1200, PM me the total cost and paypal. My zip is 33143. Thanks, i was about to buy one on ebay, but this is much better.

simplenough

They have the same measurements from what i found..

1/2” tubing on outlet.

3/4” tubing on inlet.

3 ½" long x 2" wide x 3 ½" high

Does anyone know the measurements of both the MJ900 and MJ1200? PITA to find...

Model 400 (106 gph)

Model 600 (160 gph)

Model 900 (230 gph)

Model 1200 (295 gph)

This is from fosters and smith

If you mean size they are all the same size the only difference is the Impeller and magnet. If you have one use your tape measure :o :o

Model V/Hz Wattage Max Flow Max Pumping Height Dimensions

MP400 120V/60Hz 5W 106gph (400lph) 29" 3.5" L x 2" W x 3.00" H

MP600 120V/60Hz 7.5W 160gph (600lph) 53" 3.5" L x 2" W x 3.00" H

MP900 120V/60Hz 8.5W 230gph (870lph) 46" 3.5" L x 2" W x 3.25" H

MP1200 120V/60Hz 20W 295gph (1110lph) 69" 3.5" L x 2" W x 3.25" H

from marinedepot.com

So if I were to add a harlequin shrimp would the 1 feeder star per month count as a livestock purchase or can it be considered food? I'm not planning on tossing a ton of stars in the tank, just what is required for feeding.

simplenough

why dont you just get 2 or 3 stars and keep them in another tank or something, then you can cut like a leg a month and rotate them, while they regrow the legs...might sound a bit cruel but its cheaper and they wont die..

I personally don't think the stars would count towards your limit if it's food. Could freeze em and cut legs off to if you wanted.

I set aside 2 MJ 900 and 2 1200's by mistake. I knew I had more when I posted them above. Then I couldn't find 2 of them.

We'll I just found them. Dr Love took the last 1200 so I have 1 900 left. Please remember that these are for the 12" tanks in the contest.

1337TANKHAX got the last one.

simplenough
I personally don't think the stars would count towards your limit if it's food. Could freeze em and cut legs off to if you wanted.

yea they dont count as part of the limit, just suggesting a more efficient way that costs less and keeps the stars alive

What's the difference between the MJ1100 and MJ1200?? All I can find on marinedepot is the 1100 HERE

Thanks for the suggestions on the stars guys, that's a great idea to keep one alive and cut legs off as needed. Would have to keep a secret from the girlfriend...she's been wanting a purple star since she saw one 2 years ago. She'd kill me if she knew I was chopping it's legs off. lol

What's the difference between the MJ1100 and MJ1200?? All I can find on marinedepot is the 1100 HERE

Thanks for the suggestions on the stars guys, that's a great idea to keep one alive and cut legs off as needed. Would have to keep a secret from the girlfriend...she's been wanting a purple star since she saw one 2 years ago. She'd kill me if she knew I was chopping it's legs off. lol

Looks like the 1100 is a new pump. the 1100 is 294 gph and the 1200 is 295 gph

Also looks like it uses less power

OK, one more question. Since you mention transferring livestock from another tank above, I'm going to assume it's ok to start purchasing livestock for the new system and holding in a tank until the new one is ready? Can you clarify and add above?

OK, one more question. Since you mention transferring livestock from another tank above, I'm going to assume it's ok to start purchasing livestock for the new system and holding in a tank until the new one is ready? Can you clarify and add above?

You can also frag coral from one of your other tanks. The rules state that you just have to give it a reasonable value.

I plan on buying some shrimp this week-end. I'll keep them in a different tank till the 12" is ready. If they are $40 I'll deduct the $40 now.

I plan on fragging some Purple Deaths from one of my other tanks. I paid $15 for 10-15 heads. I deduct $1 per head.

If I take a fish from one of my tanks I'll deduct the purchase price.

simplenough

yea bob is correct, and yes you can go ahead and start purchasing livestock, just make sure to post the price.

PS: $1 a head for Purple Deaths!? Thats an awesome deal!

yea bob is correct, and yes you can go ahead and start purchasing livestock, just make sure to post the price.

Ok, rules state "awesome deal" prices for transfers/frags from existing tanks. :lol:

simplenough

Well yea it has to be a reasonable price, and hopefully everyone keeps it honest. It's understandable to get an "awesome deal" every now and then because it does happen but if someones seems to always somehow get an awesome deal on everything then we'll know that they're full of...poop.

I remember my first PD frag with 6 heads $150

I bought 5 20 pound rocks and 3 pieces of eggcrate full of palys. 2 of the egg crates had the PD's the other palys were blue, teal and green. I paid just under 100 for all of them.

To be fair I'll deduct current value's. What I would sell them to someone else. I certainly wouldn't sell a PD frag with 6 heads for $6.

To be fair I'll deduct current value's. What I would sell them to someone else. I certainly wouldn't sell a PD frag with 6 heads for $6.

+1

ya and I'm going to deduct $2 per head for a good deal I got on purple hornets! - ya right!

This is never going to work if we don't use fair market value for all livestock!

I get wholesale prices & free frags all the time from the place I order, what do I subtract for them?

I think we're going to need a 3rd party judge or mod to help us out.....

simplenough

I think people should just do their best to be honest. Most of us know what things are worth and when it comes to voting i think people will be able to tell if someone is fudging the price and hopefully not vote for them. I'm pretty sure we will be able to spot if someone is lying, and so will the people voting. If you get stuff for free or wholesale prices just estimate their worth, just as if it is being transferred from an existing tank.

Archived