Coral Vue Hydros

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest

simplenough

scooternerd
i thought they were 12x12x12 with 3" of fuge space?

hi eric, i need the exact measurements of the 12" GB contest tanks. so i can build my own and beat all these other suckaz. muhahahaha thanks, Chuck

Fasho man, get em wink.gif..... 12Lx12Wx9H 3" baffle in the back, 1/2" bulkhead for the return..... I am doing the overflow with an 1/4" blade at about 1/2" spacing....

thats about it smile.gif Good luck homes....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i thought they were 12x12x12 with 3" of fuge space?

This was my understanding also. I hope so because my stand is planed on 12x12x12.

Fasho man, get em wink.gif..... 12Lx12Wx9H 3" baffle in the back, 1/2" bulkhead for the return..... I am doing the overflow with an 1/4" blade at about 1/2" spacing....

Why would you make it 9"H.

So the display is 12x9x9?

scooternerd
Why would you make it 9"H.

So the display is 12x9x9?

correct ......... not my idea i am only building mine and racechase's tank to his specs.

scooternerd
This is from the first page of the GB page

If i remember correctly the main display will be 12"x12"x9" since the back will be sectioned of at 3" with a false wall, with space for a heater, chaeto, etc. and it will have a hole for a pump (sized for a mj 900)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202474

This is why I got 12x12x12

you may want to pm eric to see for sure. i pm'd him and asked him to post the exact measurements in this thread for us

scooternerd

college is for losers. start a mini reef :P i have my masters degree in mechanical engineering and i fix scooters for a living. college smollege

This is from the first page of the GB page

If i remember correctly the main display will be 12"x12"x9" since the back will be sectioned of at 3" with a false wall, with space for a heater, chaeto, etc. and it will have a hole for a pump (sized for a mj 900)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=202474

This is why I got 12x12x12

Yeah, same here. I am fine with whatever, but a cube would be much cooler B)

simplenough

yea at first i thought that he meant the 9" because of the 3" chambers in the back. When i wrote that i got it from what i could remember since the actual description erickrm had posted got deleted in the data crash thing... He has cleared it up though. It will be 12"L, 12"W and 9" H, with a 3 inch section in the back. So the display will be 12 x 9 x 9. Sorry for the confusion. :unsure:

you may want to pm eric to see for sure. i pm'd him and asked him to post the exact measurements in this thread for us

Ill do that. 9 high isn't a huge deal. Its the LxW I'm concerned about.

scooternerd
Ill do that. 9 high isn't a huge deal. Its the LxW I'm concerned about.

i figured your stand would still work. i just dont want ppl to get there tanks and then be mad at eric. better to find out now then when you receive it. and be like wtf???? lol

i figured your stand would still work. i just dont want ppl to get there tanks and then be mad at eric. better to find out now then when you receive it. and be like wtf???? lol

Your right the stand will work and since I haven't started the build yet I could have changed it.

Since I'm hanging the LED I don't have to worry about the canopy.

scooternerd
Your right the stand will work and since I haven't started the build yet I could have changed it.

Since I'm hanging the LED I don't have to worry about the canopy.

how much did you get the led for???

simplenough
my mom would kill you :P i guess this could be my college tank.... :D im in

I plan on making this my college tank as well, if it's still around in a year.

Please like i'd be saving all my hard earned money from tutoring for something silly like an education :lol:

scooternerd
I plan on making this my college tank as well, if it's still around in a year.

Please like i'd be saving all my hard earned money from tutoring for something silly like an education :lol:

lol. my only advise for anyone going to college is........... computers!!!!!!!!! nuf said

CallMeDrLove

My only concern is, isn't it going to look odd being 12" wide and only 9" tall? I know it's only 3" but it's a 4:3 ratio. I was planning on putting a lot of effort into making this "cube" look really nice...I'd hate to start out on the wrong foot.

This is a picture of the tank sent to me by eric. I had the same thought 9" high thats odd.

I think it will workout fine

IMG_2863.jpg

CallMeDrLove
yea i actually prefer the 9" height because it would be weird to have a display area that is wider than it is high..

Umm...that's exactly what you have. The display area is 12" wide and 9" high...

Archived