Cultivated Reef

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

Wow!! That's amazing growth, but I expect nothing less. I'd love a frag of the Yellow Jackets sometime if you have some available. Let me know if you do.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarvinsReef
Wow!! That's amazing growth, but I expect nothing less. I'd love a frag of the Yellow Jackets sometime if you have some available. Let me know if you do.

Thanks man... :)

my z's and p's grow in spurts... currently, Nightmares and Capt America are on halt for about 2 months now... dunno really... they really grow when they want to... LoLz... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Curly Joe Reefer

Reading 5 Lessons by Ben Hogan did wonders for my golf game. Went from shooting in the high 90's to the low 80's in one summer. Tank looks amazing as usual

Love the tank, as usual. I especially dig your rock 'scape. Just seems to fit your tank and layout very well I think. My only suggestion is to spread the scoly's out but that's just me. You have so many sweet corals and so much color but it's all right there. It definitely draws the eye to that spot for pictures but I've never seen it IRL so I don't know if it has the same effect. I just think it would be neat to have those big splashes of color throughout the tank as opposed to all right there. Like i said though, the effect could be way different in person than in a picture. The picture itself appears darker in certain places around your z's and p's and your colored sticks and I think that looks sweet. IRL that "darkness" probably isn't the true look but rather an effect of the camera settings. It looks great and ridiculously colorful either way though LoL.

Bill

MarvinsReef
Reading 5 Lessons by Ben Hogan did wonders for my golf game. Went from shooting in the high 90's to the low 80's in one summer. Tank looks amazing as usual

dang... that's sweet.... I would be happy if I get to mid to high 90's this year... thanks for the tip... I'll try to find that book... :)

Love the tank, as usual. I especially dig your rock 'scape. Just seems to fit your tank and layout very well I think. My only suggestion is to spread the scoly's out but that's just me. You have so many sweet corals and so much color but it's all right there. It definitely draws the eye to that spot for pictures but I've never seen it IRL so I don't know if it has the same effect. I just think it would be neat to have those big splashes of color throughout the tank as opposed to all right there. Like i said though, the effect could be way different in person than in a picture. The picture itself appears darker in certain places around your z's and p's and your colored sticks and I think that looks sweet. IRL that "darkness" probably isn't the true look but rather an effect of the camera settings. It looks great and ridiculously colorful either way though LoL.

Bill

Thanks Bill... :)

as for the Aussie scolymias, where they are is the best spot since they are not getting blasted with flow... I need to reconfigure my flow... I still have a bunch of things I need to do with the tank but I like the coral collection so far... I'm hoping this summer time to not collect as much but take the time to really study the tank more...

u make us jealous

it took some time to get the tank to where it is and I still have a long to go but I'm glad most of the corals I like I have already... :)

There is so much I love about this tank but the Ric Rock has got to be my favorite. Nice setup!

the FL ric rock grabs a lot of attention from reefer buddies... I like how it's filling in more and more and we progress... I hope to have the new ceramic rock covered with some high end zoas in the next year or so... for the most part, all the z's and p's I really like have back up frags already so some frags have made it into the rock structure already... so now, I'm just waiting for them to grow and cover a decent part of the rock work... :)

Thanks again to everyone and sorry, sometimes it takes me a while to reply...

MarvinsReef

it's been a while... and I've been good too... until now... LoLz... please excuse the algae on the glass and on the sand bed... it's getting better each day since I installed the Phosban Reactor... yay!!! hope to get better shots soon... :D

Nice Pair

05-03-2010Scolymia.jpg

Yellow ring and stipes around the mouth

05-03-2010Scolymia2.jpg

this one, a must see in person... wished it had more hint of red but I'm very happy with it

05-03-2010Scolymia1.jpg

Marvin my man I havent been on in months, the tank is looking excellent. I love the latest FTS. Great job man.

MarvinsReef
Damn...

LoLz... :)

Marvin my man I havent been on in months, the tank is looking excellent. I love the latest FTS. Great job man.

hey man.... how come?!? thanks for stopping by though... and thanks for the kudos... :)

hey man.... how come?!? thanks for stopping by though... and thanks for the kudos... :)

School has been demanding as well as football. But 1 more season left so I should be back full time by december and hopefully starting a tank soon after that.

MarvinsReef
School has been demanding as well as football. But 1 more season left so I should be back full time by december and hopefully starting a tank soon after that.

sounds good man... :)

good luck with school and football... :)

Paleoreef103

Dear god! This is amazing! And the winner for most expensive coral collection on nano-reef is.... MarvinsReef! I am incredibly jealous.

MarvinsReef
Dear god! This is amazing! And the winner for most expensive coral collection on nano-reef is.... MarvinsReef! I am incredibly jealous.

LoLz... not even close... but thanks for the kind words anyway... :)

varanus37

Makes sense, I never took flow into account. I knew there'd be a reason for it. Those two new pieces are definitely drool-worthy as well. Then again, I don't think much in your tank isn't drool-worthy. Keep up the good work!

Bill

MarvinsReef
Makes sense, I never took flow into account. I knew there'd be a reason for it. Those two new pieces are definitely drool-worthy as well. Then again, I don't think much in your tank isn't drool-worthy. Keep up the good work!

Bill

Thanks Bill... I do appreciate the input... :)

Paleoreef103

You know. I saw those Scoly's on Mr. Coral and I almost pointed them out to you, but I thought naaaah he's already got a ridiculous collection. Guess I should have. How many ultra grade scoly's do you have anyway?

MarvinsReef
It's been a good month!!

so so... I lost a few very nice pieces the past two weeks... let's just say another expensive lesson learned... :(

You know. I saw those Scoly's on Mr. Coral and I almost pointed them out to you, but I thought naaaah he's already got a ridiculous collection. Guess I should have. How many ultra grade scoly's do you have anyway?

Sonny gave me a great deal on the scolymia... I have three of those now but they're all somewhat different... ;) I have a few decent ones with multiple colors... :)

Marvin your tank is absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my favorites.

Recent FTS?

Thank you... my current most recent FTS is from 03-31-2010 when we got the new scape done... a buddy of mine that's a photographer will hopefully take a nice FTS when he visits... :)

so so... I lost a few very nice pieces the past two weeks... let's just say another expensive lesson learned... :(

What!? Which ones?

MarvinsReef
What!? Which ones?

30+ eyes Tyree Red chalice, BPC FT frag, a decent size Sunset millie, and a few misc montis... :(

had an PO4 issue but now that's getting taken care of a Phosban reactor with GFO... slowly but surely getting better each day.... :)

Archived