Innovative Marine Aquariums

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

revaltion131

I'm not normally a huge LPS person but I love the neon colors in your system. In one picture, you lineatus looks huge. What size is he?

@ nUgZ: you should totally try a wrasse. They are awesome, but they are addictive so be careful. ;)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MarvinsReef
Nice shots! I love the Wrasses. It's inspired me to get a Wrasse for my tank.

Thanks... congrats on the new wrasse... :)

I'm not normally a huge LPS person but I love the neon colors in your system. In one picture, you lineatus looks huge. What size is he?

@ nUgZ: you should totally try a wrasse. They are awesome, but they are addictive so be careful. ;)

Thank you... the tank went into the LPS theme slowly but surely... I'm getting to a point where my chalice collection, Aussie scolymias, and z's & p's collection are equal in number or morphs... the Lineatus is a pretty decent sized one... approx 4"-5"...

revaltion131

Ah, he looked like he could have been upwards of 5". Very nice fish.

Will you start trying to encrust the chalices to rocks or will they stay where they are? I have little to no experience with them but they've always fascinated me.

MarvinsReef
Ah, he looked like he could have been upwards of 5". Very nice fish.

Will you start trying to encrust the chalices to rocks or will they stay where they are? I have little to no experience with them but they've always fascinated me.

I'll hopefully get a better vid of him once I get a tripod... :)

some of the chalices are already incorporated on the rockwork... some of them will remain on the sand bed coz they look awesome on the 3" disks... for me anyway... ;)

I'll keep that in mind. That would be an expensive addiction as well...

Thanks... congrats on the new wrasse... :)

Haven't picked him up yet. I need to make a cover for the tank first...

MarvinsReef
I'll keep that in mind. That would be an expensive addiction as well...

Haven't picked him up yet. I need to make a cover for the tank first...

you definitely need to cover up the tank... hope it's not rimless so you don't have to come up with a way to keep the clean rimless look and also have a cover... ;)

good luck again with the F&F wrasse collection... :)

you definitely need to cover up the tank... hope it's not rimless so you don't have to come up with a way to keep the clean rimless look and also have a cover... ;)

good luck again with the F&F wrasse collection... :)

Not rimless, so no worries there. Thanks!

MarvinsReef

here's a series of pics my buddy, gparr took when they came by a few weeks ago... Enjoy!!! :)

marvfungia01b.jpg

marvwellso6stack01a.jpg

marvscoly05b.jpg

marvscoly08b.jpg

marvscoly07b.jpg

marvscoly13a.jpg

MarvinsReef
Incredible Pics!!!!!!

yeah... they are... he's a really good photographer... his site is www.gparr.com if you wanted to check out his work... :)

MarvinsReef
He does have some good stuff.

What camera does he have?

Canon 7D w/ a whole lot of other equipment that comes with it... he brought in a rolling luggage (one you would use for a carry on) for his lenses and camera... I was like whoa!!!

I'm drooling at last 2 pages worth of pics. Gorgeous colors, both fish and corals.

try a wrasse. They are awesome, but they are addictive so be careful. ;)
That they are. I'm now at 3 Fairy wrasses and counting. Got my first one in February.
animalmaster6
Canon 7D w/ a whole lot of other equipment that comes with it... he brought in a rolling luggage (one you would use for a carry on) for his lenses and camera... I was like whoa!!!

I just ordered the Rebel T1i and I'm really excited about it!

MarvinsReef
I'm drooling at last 2 pages worth of pics. Gorgeous colors, both fish and corals.

That they are. I'm now at 3 Fairy wrasses and counting. Got my first one in February.

Thank you... :)

congrats on the wrasses... they definitely add a lot of color and movement to any tank... which ones do you have now? currently, I have 8 F&F wrasses... :)

I just ordered the Rebel T1i and I'm really excited about it!

awesome... congrats... I'm shooting with a T2i atm and I really like it... I just bought a tripod for HD vids... I have a few sample ones I'm gonna post here after the gparr series pics... if you have extra funds, make sure you buy a Canon 100mm macro... happy shootin'... :)

animalmaster6

Thanks!

Yea I want the 100mm eventually.

How is the HD video? I was wandering how good it is without a tripod.

MarvinsReef
Thanks!

Yea I want the 100mm eventually.

How is the HD video? I was wandering how good it is without a tripod.

it's decent but much better with a tripod... :)

MarvinsReef
Thanks for the tip.

If only tripods were a heck of a lot cheaper :rant:

I picked up a $35 one at Best Buy... not too bad at all... :)

marvricordea01a.jpg

marvricordea02a.jpg

marvricordea16stack03a.jpg

which ones do you have now?

Cirrhilabrus solorensis - Redhead Solon Fairy

Cirrhilabrus exquisitus - Exquisite Fairy

Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura - Bluehead Fairy (the new guy, prettiest $26 fish I've ever bought!)

I had ordered a Lubbock's fairy too, but he didn't survive shipping. His water was very cold, he was the closest to the ice pack. I'll probably try again next time I order fish as well as go for a few Flashers next time.

Archived