inTank Media Baskets

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef
Cirrhilabrus solorensis - Redhead Solon Fairy

Cirrhilabrus exquisitus - Exquisite Fairy

Cirrhilabrus cyanopleura - Bluehead Fairy (the new guy, prettiest $26 fish I've ever bought!)

I had ordered a Lubbock's fairy too, but he didn't survive shipping. His water was very cold, he was the closest to the ice pack. I'll probably try again next time I order fish as well as go for a few Flashers next time.

awesome... if you can, get some females of the ones you have... the green/blue colored fairy wrasses tend to lose a lot of their color if they don't have females to flash at... I hope yours are keeping their colors... Lubbock's are pretty nice too... there are a few different color variants I think... flashers are awesome too... I was very fortunate to pick up the 1st Attenuatus flasher from Diver's Den a while back... they have sold 4-5 more since I got mine.. and man they go fast... I tried to get one from my bro but I don't ever have any luck... one minute after they post them and they are sold, so I'm very fortunate... :)

omgomgomg I always thought they were like $200!!!

LoLz... :)

so, I take you're gonna get one soon.... ;)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... I hope yours are keeping their colors...

The exquisite has actually gained color, the redhead seems to have maintained his color, and I hope and pray that the bluehead keeps his colors, he's GORGEOUS. There are pictures in my 180 thread, and you can see the bluehead pretty well at the end of the video in my sig.

I think there are enough fish that they flash at each other, even with no females. I also keep them all very well fed. That seems to help.

MarvinsReef
The exquisite has actually gained color, the redhead seems to have maintained his color, and I hope and pray that the bluehead keeps his colors, he's GORGEOUS. There are pictures in my 180 thread, and you can see the bluehead pretty well at the end of the video in my sig.

I think there are enough fish that they flash at each other, even with no females. I also keep them all very well fed. That seems to help.

good deal... keep up the good work on then tank... lotsa movement from the fishes... I really like that... :)

MarvinsReef

out of about 100 shots, these ones turned out decent... :)

Attenuatus Flasher Wrasse

05-27-10Atten1A.jpg

ORA Picasso Grade A (Smaller one)

05-27-10Clown3.jpg

ORA Picasso Grade A (Bigger one)

05-27-10Clown2.jpg

05-27-10Clown1.jpg

MarvinsReef
Nice shots Marvin! Fish are a good bit tougher to photograph than corals...

yes, they are... I'll be picking up another lens this week or the next so hopefully, that'll help... :)

Excellent pics!

That wrasse is awesome! Same with the picassos!

Thanks... :)

The new shots look great Marv, interested to see how that new lens works for ya! Hope all is well.

MarvinsReef
The new shots look great Marv, interested to see how that new lens works for ya! Hope all is well.

Thanks man... yeah, I have lotsa practice ahead of me to be somewhat decent... :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Marvin,

I've read your entire tank thread so you wouldn't have to repeat yourself with any of my questions. First, since you seem to have a light fixture that is similar to mine, have you had any issues with your light bleaching or melting your corals?

I have a 6 bulb Solar Flare fixture with Ice cap ballasts. I've had to change my bulbs out 3 times to ones with really low PAR to keep any corals. Right now I have 4 Super Actinic and 2 GE 6500K AND I have the fixture raised 10 inches from the water. The color is not ideal. I have no growth from zoas that I've had for months. The only coral that is growing is a sour apple birdsnest and a candy cane coral which are growing quite well. I had a Wellsi that bleached and melted and it was on the sand bed the entire time.

Second question....how do you introduce new wrasses with your existing stock? I have 2 picasso clowns, a Kole Tang, a pearly jawfish and a male McCoskers Wrasse. I would love to get another wrasse. I know a female would be ideal but they are not always available. Can I introduce another male without aggression? I was thinking maybe a Mystery Wrasse or some other kind of fairy wrasse. My Kole Tang is going to be a jerk to it. The Kole chased my flasher wrasse for the first week. Now they swim together.

You seem to be the wrasse guru :) Hope you don't mind the questions. Your tank is unbelievably gorgeous! Love all the softies. Makes me jealous since I can't seem to keep many softies at all.

Thanks!

Curly Joe Reefer

hey marvin

how's the golf game. Hope the tank is still doing well. By the way where do you get those 3 inch frag plugs? I'm looking to place some chalices on some any help would be appreciated.

hey marvin

how's the golf game. Hope the tank is still doing well. By the way where do you get those 3 inch frag plugs? I'm looking to place some chalices on some any help would be appreciated.

He must be golfing. No responses for awhile :D

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Marvin. I assume this tank is still going strong?
hey marvin

He must be golfing. No responses for awhile :D

sorry for the long long delay in responding... tank is still up and running... but I sold off most of my LPS... I've been too busy this summer and won't have too much time to really care for the tank as well as I did before... with 2 jobs (1 hour away) and two little boys, there's not much time to allocate to the tank.. I'm sure later on, I'll be back in full force but for now, I'm enjoying the less time needed for maintenance... summer is pretty much done so I'm currently in the catching up mode... I have done a water change after 2 months or so of not doing one and have on schedule a few more water changes before it really gets cold out... I was also able to change two bulbs and two reflectors yesterday so that's good... I still have another 2 bulbs and two reflectors to change... anyway, hopefully, I'll have pics up soon... :)

btw, golf also took some time off from reefing... my two brothers, my dad, and I go out twice a week almost every week... and I'd like to think I'm getting better... LoL... I found that playing golf is much cheaper than reefing, if you can believe that... hahaha...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived