Cultivated Reef

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...
So no more wrasses? I know I asked you on the other forum but did u decide on a final fish list? Im curious to see your picks. :D

right now, I have the following to keep the clowns company.

- Bartlett's pair

- Lyretail pair

- Yellow tang

- Golden Rhomboid fairy

- Orange shoulder fairy

right now, I have the following to keep the clowns company.

- Bartlett's pair

- Lyretail pair

- Yellow tang

- Golden Rhomboid fairy

- Orange shoulder fairy

That cool. Still a sweet setup. I'll look forward to updates. Ha ha

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
MarvinsReef

Can't believe it.... It's already Week 35 since I converted the tank from a "reef" tank to a "clownfish/anemone" tank. The clowns will be turning 11 months old (8 months in my care) in a few days. It's been fun so far besides a few heartaches and hick ups. My family and I really enjoy this set up much more, especially my boys. They like their "Nemo" tank. LoL

07-29-20121.jpg

07-29-20122.jpg

07-29-20123.jpg

07-29-20124.jpg

07-29-20125.jpg

07-29-20125a.jpg

1080p available for your viewing pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWtN9YFhHgw

Amazing!

I'm trying to convert my 40B into an anemone tank too... but I've still got to purchase/wait for mine to split a lot before my tank looks like yours. I've gone from 2 to 4, but you look like you've got more than a dozen o.O

MarvinsReef
Amazing!

I'm trying to convert my 40B into an anemone tank too... but I've still got to purchase/wait for mine to split a lot before my tank looks like yours. I've gone from 2 to 4, but you look like you've got more than a dozen o.O

currently, there are 14 BTA's being hosted by the clowns. they range from 4"-8". :)

Good luck with your anemone tank. :)

Doing my once every 3-year checkin on this post :D. Seriously though, species tanks are often cool ideas but rarely executed successfully. You have truly nailed this one though. So cool. Bravo!

MarvinsReef
Doing my once every 3-year checkin on this post :D. Seriously though, species tanks are often cool ideas but rarely executed successfully. You have truly nailed this one though. So cool. Bravo!

LoL.

Thank you. :)

Marvin you still have the flamethrower chalice?

no, I unloaded all my corals a last year, before the conversion. lemme tell yah, I like the tank much better today than ever. :)

doppelganger

I'm still in awe every time I see ur tank. Few questions for you since you've gone through such a huge transition.

How would you rate the maintenance vs your previous tank? I would imagine feeding is probably more important but what about water changes and stuff? What do you feed? Also, given the size of your BTA's, do you think this could be done successfully in a nano? Lets say over 20G but under 50G? Or do you think the limited volume would pose a problem. Obviously not with the amount the livestock you have in there :P Would you consider this species only tank "easier" or "harder" vs a mixed reef? I would imagine you wouldn't have to worry as much if they moved around and stuff.

I really have no experience with BTA's so just wanted to get your thoughts. Sorry if u answered these questions before. Again, beautiful tank!

Archived