Cultivated Reef

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop it bro, just stop!!! :bowdown:

:lol: Stunning as always!!! B)

Thanks David... but I still have these to post... ;) I'm pretty much starting over again with the z's and p's collection since I lost most during my tank transitions... :(

02-07-2010_Zs11.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs8.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs10.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs7.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs3.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs5.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs4.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs6.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs9.jpg

02-07-2010_Zs12.jpg

The TriLoGy... and you can actually see a decent color representation of the Yellow/Green fungia from Paradise Corals... :)

btw, I think this pic is just the (2) Blue + on...

11-10-09AGroup.jpg

are those gigantic ricordea or jsut a smaller plate coral?

So I have a lighting question for you. Are the pics that you post running Blue + bulbs only? I read in the start to this thread that you run T5's. How many bulbs and what combo? I've got 8x54w over my 75 and I'm not happy with my stock bulbs. It's about time to replace them and I was hoping to at least partially copy your bulb combo.

Bill

So I have a lighting question for you. Are the pics that you post running Blue + bulbs only? I read in the start to this thread that you run T5's. How many bulbs and what combo? I've got 8x54w over my 75 and I'm not happy with my stock bulbs. It's about time to replace them and I was hoping to at least partially copy your bulb combo.

Bill

Current T5 light combo, from back to front as of 11-08-2009

- ATI Blue + (normal)

- KZ Fiji Purple (overdriven)

- 22k AquaScience (overdriven)

- ATI Actinic 03 (overdriven)

- ATI Blue + (overdriven)

- 22k AquaScience (normal)

my canopy opens up in half so the pics are taken on the back side, so light combo for the pic from back to front is:

- ATI Blue + (normal)

- KZ Fiji Purple (overdriven)

- 22k AquaScience (overdriven)

the overdriven bulbs are a little whiter than normal driven bulbs so the overall look of the tank is not that blue at all in person... :)

good luck with whatever combo you decide to do... that's the beauty of T5's... you can have so many different bulb combo... :)

Great shots Marvin!

Thank you... :)

Marvin, where do you pick up most of your zoa frags? Specifically...the purple hornets?

I have mostly traded or bought from fellow reefers I've dealt with in the past... the PH came from a buddy local to me... I sold him a few polyps in 2008 and I ended up trading some Nightmares to get some PH back... :)

I have mostly traded or bought from fellow reefers I've dealt with in the past... the PH came from a buddy local to me... I sold him a few polyps in 2008 and I ended up trading some Nightmares to get some PH back... :)

I wish I had a buddy local with PH. I'd settle for Nightmares but I don't know any local reefers that have cool stuff. I only have my friend and brother-in-law and they don't have anything. Lol. My brother-in-law's corals are all frags from me. Haha.

I wish I had a buddy local with PH. I'd settle for Nightmares but I don't know any local reefers that have cool stuff. I only have my friend and brother-in-law and they don't have anything. Lol. My brother-in-law's corals are all frags from me. Haha.

:)

just look at it as you'll be the pioneer in your area... ;)

What do you think of the Aquascience bulbs? I was actually looking at a bulb combo similar to yours. My replacement for the Aquascience would be ATI Blue Special. I've heard great things about the KZ Figi Purple.

Bill

What do you think of the Aquascience bulbs? I was actually looking at a bulb combo similar to yours. My replacement for the Aquascience would be ATI Blue Special. I've heard great things about the KZ Figi Purple.

Bill

AquaScience 22k and ATI Blue + looks the same to me... I would just go with the ATI Blue + when it's time to get new bulbs... KZ Fiji Purple is a must... :)

So why did you go with the single ATI Actinic? I've read that they have somewhat a black light effect as opposed to the simple blue that comes to mind for most actinics. What do you think?

Bill

So why did you go with the single ATI Actinic? I've read that they have somewhat a black light effect as opposed to the simple blue that comes to mind for most actinics. What do you think?

Bill

the only reason I'm using the Actinic is because I bought it... LoLz... mostly for experimentation... ;)

I'll have 4 blue +, 1 Fiji Purple, and 1 blue Special for my next bulb combo... :)

I might have to steal your T5 combo, lookin good = )

go ahead... :)

I'll be experimenting on the lighting a little more when I get some new bulbs early spring time... :D

Thank you... :)

Hmm...that is a shame... I've yet to see or hear of anyone up here in Canada with them... can I has lol?

Hmm...that is a shame... I've yet to see or hear of anyone up here in Canada with them... can I has lol?

PH or Nightmares?

either way, both are awesome morphs my tank cannot go without... :)

PH or Nightmares?

either way, both are awesome morphs my tank cannot go without... :)

I'm not even familiar with nightmares, I was talking about the PH :)

played with the Canon SD 12000 IS and figured out the correct white balance... so now, I can take shots through the glass, not just Underwaters... ;)

finally was able to get the yellow on this plate... yay!!! :D

02-15-2010PlateEd.jpg

02-15-2010Plate1Ed.jpg

That's an awesome looking plate. Man you just have all the good stuff. That's it, I'm going to be a bit more selective now and just wait for really nice stuff like yours.

Archived