Cultivated Reef

MarvinsReef Clownfish & Anemone Tank

MarvinsReef

Holy Wow Marvin

Thank you... :)

Is that a Red Hornet I see in there Marv? B)

yup... :)

:eek:

Awesome, truly an awesome collection Marvin!

Equally impressive pictures as well. Thanks for all the eye candy.

*sigh* A whole tank full of centerpiece coral. :P

Thank you... tank is only 120g... I try to keep only the best stuff and what I like the most... :)

Amazing as always Marvin!! I can't wait to see this tank in a year.

Thanks nUgZ... me too... ;)

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your reef has come a long way since I last looked at this thread.

Great job Marvin!!

tank is over 7 months old now so things are getting more and more stable... :)

Thanks for stopping by again and the kind words... :)

Carlton'sTank

I know you hear it all the time, but this tank is absolutely be-a-u-tiful! I love the direction you took with coral selection. Great job keep it up....and thanks for making me want to quite reefing because I can never get to that level.

I know you hear it all the time, but this tank is absolutely be-a-u-tiful! I love the direction you took with coral selection. Great job keep it up....and thanks for making me want to quite reefing because I can never get to that level.

Thank you... I find that the tank is going more and more towards the LPS side... ;)

Beautiful corals!! Makes me want to be more picky about what corals I buy lol

yeah, it's crazy now when I think that I only had a 28g before... with the 110g, I'm still almost out of room... LoLz...

Curly Joe Reefer

Hey Marvin question for you, your chalice seem to be doing great, what do you think is key to chalice success? I've recently picked up a couple of frags and niether seems to be doing very good. Do you have any advice?

Hey Marvin question for you, your chalice seem to be doing great, what do you think is key to chalice success? I've recently picked up a couple of frags and niether seems to be doing very good. Do you have any advice?

I don't think there's a secret... just like any other corals... they need somewhat stable parameters... I found that around 6-7 months is when my corals, including chalices started looking very nice... :)

I dose 2 part & Mg... I also dose Reef Plus, when I remember... and "try" to do 15%-25% water changes every 4-6 weeks... :)

I took more than 20 shots last night using the Olympus Tough 6000... it's a pretty decent underwater camera... I'll have the pics speak for themselves... :)

Part 1 of 5 pics series... ;)

Raging Rivers

02-01-2010_RR.jpg

some WM, forgot to take a pic of the green rim...

02-01-2010_WM.jpg

Golden chalice

02-01-2010_Golden.jpg

Tyree WM

02-01-2010_TyRedd.jpg

Raptor's Peace coral

02-01-2010_ZFavia.jpg

Amazing as always!! I need to work out a frag pack with you sometime when I have some $$.

Thanks... :) :)

Part 2 of 5 pics series.... I think I'm bleeding... ;) part of the the continuing addiction... 5 different Bleeding Apple / Rev Bleeding Apple Aussie scollies... :D

02-01-2010_ZScolly3.jpg

02-01-2010_ZScolly4.jpg

02-01-2010_ZScolly2.jpg

02-01-2010_ZScolly5.jpg

02-01-2010_ZScolly1.jpg

How many scoly's do you have?!? I love scolys. I think they're some of the most gorgeous corals there is, but holy crap! That plus the chalices?! Wow.

How many scoly's do you have?!? I love scolys. I think they're some of the most gorgeous corals there is, but holy crap! That plus the chalices?! Wow.

I have 8 as of now... but want to get at least 2 more Rainbows... :)

here's a close up of the other two... the latest one is a nice Rainbow but I just got it yesterday so I'll give it a few more days to really get happy before taking a snap... :)

01-15-2010Scolly1.jpg

01-15-2010Scolly2.jpg

Part 4 of 5 pics series to resume tomorrow... :)

Out of curiousity, are there any secrets to having happy Scolys?

I don't have one now but would like to down the road.

I had one before for like a year... never really did anything special to it... but now, I try to feed them 3-4x/month... they seem to puff up more when you feed them... currently, my oldest one is only about 4 months old in my tank... btw, after receiving them, they normally take a 2-3 weeks to be really happy and puffy.... but when acclimated to their new environment, they are pretty easy... good luck finding one... :)

Those underwater shots are amazing. I guess it also helps to have awesome looking subjects. Man that 4 color WM is beautiful. I could stare at that all day if I had it. Gonna have to put that on my wishlist.

Archived