Pod Your Reef

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

thanks tigah for the stress relief. haha I just transfer my sps and monti over to the tank ready to go.

i also just finish signing the new lease for my apartment. i just got finish packing and ready to go tomorrow. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. hope it don't rain all day. :(

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good luck with the move! Remember as soon as you get there add a heater and powerhead to whatever container is carrying the fish/corals, and another heater to the tank!

btw, I might be getting a solana soon, I dunno if I want new (starphire glass) or a used one that is cheaper and comes with a sunpod (need to find one)

Hey reefers!

We finish moving everything and one thing i would like to quote "moving is a PITA" okay well here is the problem I have decided to clean out my entire tank and fixs all my problem in the tank. I did several things to the tank and upgraded my rockscape.

The rockscape is pita too! Took me about close to 8 hours to cut, drill, lots of ziptie, and trying to get the rock to hold my scape. As I was pouring water in my tank I notice one of my tub have a leak so I had to siphon all the tank water to the other tub. Just when I almost finish pouring all the water into the tank. I ran out of ro water and saltwater. It only made it past halfway to the top. So today j have to stop by my lfs to pick up more water.

Yesterday I got a chance to adjust my lighting and install my new RKL, took me 30mins to set everything up. I would recommend everyone to get a RK. It just makes life easier. I love this new gadget that the fish hobby technology have come out in today lifes. I wish I had gotten it sooner.

Well I have talked about everything that I have done and upgraded and I know everyone is waiting to see the new FTS picture but you all will need to wait for now. Ok? I haven't got a chance to completely move in and settle down with all my house stuff. When I get a chance to hook up my Internet I will post and keep everyone updated! Right at the moment for now I am writing this thread on my iPhone. So stay tune for my new FTS of my rockscape real soon! I am complete satisfy of the work I put into it last night. This is a good start for my birthday today. Thanks!

Will it be fine to add corals in or should I wait alittle bit longer because I think my water par is a little off. I notice a zoa colony is surviving through the changes in the tank. Is it safe to add?

I'm still debating if I should add sand on the bottom and which route to go

I would only add softies, no stony corals

spanky!

oops, I kinda added most of my sps because they were losing their colors from the other tank. But we'll see how they survive and go from there.

I have a question to ask everyone! Is it possible to super glue gel the frags or coral underwater and how great will it can hold? Will the super glue gel effect my water?

Water will speed up the reaction of the gel, you won't get as many chances and be able to make as many mistakes under water than if you were to use it outside of water. It is doable though, just make sure its firm so you don't blow them off the rock with the vortech ;)

I think you made the right decision with the stony's by the way. I just was under the impression ou were going to put both stony and soft in at once, that will cause some warfare lol

d'Espresso,

Why did you add actinics? Do you think just your 150W MH would be enough for SPS and clams? I notice some Solana owners have the 250W and some the 150W MH... and am trying to find out if there is an actual difference for the 34g Solana.

I'm seriously concerned about heat and maintenance expense. I have no feel for the difference in long-term expense of 150W vs. 250W, nor the heat output difference.

I like the idea of pretty much growing whatever I want, and I consider T5HO... but while cooler and have longer lasting bulbs, just don't seem to be cutting it. (People complain of colors even though they get SPS to grow.)

Thanks!

Hey i was browsing the forums and decided to checkout your tank, lookin good! How's the reverse sunset monti doing?

Any interest in those maxi-minis? I asked in a favor and might be getting some soon. Kept seeing it on the forums and decided to check it out for myself.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D hope you had a great one. ;)

thank you very much! i did have a really great one while working at work. :) lol

Great tank! Good luck with moving everything! As far as super glue goes, the gel works great. It doesn't effect the water at all.

my luck on moving was a very successful, everything made it due to one acan that is trying to survive from the heat issue. hopefully it will recover fast. should i use iodine dip to save the acan? what can i do?

d'Espresso,

Why did you add actinics? Do you think just your 150W MH would be enough for SPS and clams? I notice some Solana owners have the 250W and some the 150W MH... and am trying to find out if there is an actual difference for the 34g Solana.

I'm seriously concerned about heat and maintenance expense. I have no feel for the difference in long-term expense of 150W vs. 250W, nor the heat output difference.

I like the idea of pretty much growing whatever I want, and I consider T5HO... but while cooler and have longer lasting bulbs, just don't seem to be cutting it. (People complain of colors even though they get SPS to grow.)

Thanks!

I added the actinics because i wanted the effect of day and night. Yes, i think 150w mh is ok for growing sps and clams. i had them before and they have shown alot of growth especially my zoas. the reason why i got a 150w mh because i couldn't pass up on a sweet deal plus it was brand new for real cheap! :)

Welp, i am on my way down to new orleans Coral connections to look for more corals. hopefully tonight i will be back with cool stuff. :) imma go get me a birthday present for myself. lol :)

Archived