ReefCleaners.org

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

Good news! I got pm from thecowkid about the drybox. Hey medred can u send me of your custom build drybox for the mp20? I need to get an idea on how to make one.

Today is blasting my rock day. I don't understand why I always do a siphon of the dirty detrius on the bottom every 2-3 days. My live rocks poops alot and I only now feed my tank 2 times a week. I'm nervous about adding sand just the thought of all that nasty detrius build up. I'm just glad that my mp20 blow the detrius in one spot, it's very easy to siphon all it up in one corner but just PITA! I guess that's what I will go through if I wanna keep it barebottom.

Well, I have 3 more weeks left til we move to our new apartment soon! I will going to miss my new recent aquascape. I know I will not be able to get this look ever again.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today is blasting my rock day. I don't understand why I always do a siphon of the dirty detrius on the bottom every 2-3 days. My live rocks poops alot and I only now feed my tank 2 times a week. I'm nervous about adding sand just the thought of all that nasty detrius build up. I'm just glad that my mp20 blow the detrius in one spot, it's very easy to siphon all it up in one corner but just PITA! I guess that's what I will go through if I wanna keep it barebottom.

Well, I have 3 more weeks left til we move to our new apartment soon! I will going to miss my new recent aquascape. I know I will not be able to get this look ever again.

I have the same problem. I guess that's the benefit of "cooking" rock for months. I was just too impatient to do it.

I have the same problem. I guess that's the benefit of "cooking" rock for months. I was just too impatient to do it.

yeah I turkey blast my rock everyday an do a siphon 2-3 days later.

Where's your tank at? You should make a thread so I can add you to the list! Let see that tank of yours:)

yeah I turkey blast my rock everyday an do a siphon 2-3 days later.

I blast the rock on my 12DX quite a bit then hit anything loose with the vac as I'm doing my water change.

Where's your tank at? You should make a thread so I can add you to the list! Let see that tank of yours:)

Picked up the tank and livestock on Friday night. Had to drive 2 1/2 hours each way but it was worth it. The tank was in a decline, noticable unwanted algae growth and anemones on the rocks and I'll have to put in some extra time to get it back into shape. Ditched the sand. Everything survived the trip fortunately. I may frag some of the corals and take out in order to attach the rocks. I'm going to move over one of my Reefkeeper Lites (Have two on the Nano) to get it going but I need to get a third powerbar. Ordered a Sapphire skimmer last night and I'm going to order a couple of Azoo fans also.

Will start a thread this week once I get situated. I'm off again today to pick up some free livestock from another reefer. Been a whirlwind week and still have a lot of work to do.

SpankythePyro

My tank is doing quite well.

Looks like you'll be having fun disguising that mp20 ;) Keepin the chique look of the solana!

My tank is doing quite well.

Looks like you'll be having fun disguising that mp20 ;) Keepin the chique look of the solana!

thanks spanky!

look like im down to 2 more week til we are moving soon to the new apartment. i have three 10 gallon box ready to put my water in the box and be moving soon, i plan to bring all the corals over to the 12 gallon aquapod and get it setup in the new apartment and then i will move the big tank over later on. this should be PITA fun! :) oh well..

i'll see if my lfs can make a couple more. I was wanting to get one that's not quite as wide.

I'd appreciated if you can talk to your lfs to make some for us. I would like to request what ever kind your gettin for the drybox mp20- mp40. Thanks buddy!

Good news! i finally made up my decision and went ahead to order the RKL package 1 and should be arrive here pretty soon. i hope this will make me happy like everyone else that have purchase the RKL and is happy with there.

reef-keeper-lite.jpg

Good news! i finally made up my decision and went ahead to order the RKL package 1 and should be arrive here pretty soon. i hope this will make me happy like everyone else that have purchase the RKL and is happy with there.

reef-keeper-lite.jpg

You'll want to make sure you invest in something that keeps the temp probe in place. I didn't have mine secured and it came out. The room temperature was less than 80 degrees thus kicking in the heater and well.... surprise, surprise when I found out my tank temp was in the high 80's. I ended up programming an alarm that kills the heater if the temp gets below 78 degrees, which should only happen if the temp probe comes out of the tank. I also bought some ZooMed Magclips that I'm hoping will help secure it in place. More expensive than suction cups but should work better and both magnets are supposedly submersible. Aside from that you'll probably find you need more outlets than the L1 provides. If you decided to buy another powerbar I'd suggest getting another L1. It's not that much more expensive and you get another head unit and temp probe. You could run both in parallel if you wanted to and take advantage of separate Standby timers.

Thanks dyer_maker for the heads up on the RKL. still waiting for it to arrive today! i won't get to mess with it until i move to my new apartment next week. so i will ask you later for the advice on that.

Sadly but this is my last FTS for this week. I will start to transfer everything into my little ap12 for the big move to my new apartment next week. This is gonna be a challenging for me for which i have never moved a fish tank before. Hopefully everything will survived. i also i got new addictions from my buddy Amnestia and Reef goddess. thanks you for your help and frags. Those will be here shortly today i hope or tomorrow.

Here is the last FTS of my reef scape. Hope you all enjoy!

FTS with actinics

IMG_0045-3.jpg

Top down:

IMG_0043.jpg

Front right:

IMG_0033-1.jpg

Front left:

IMG_0038-1.jpg

Left side:

IMG_0039-1.jpg

Right side:

IMG_0040.jpg

Zoas rainbow garden

IMG_0020.jpg

Upclose of the zoas

IMG_0009.jpg

Orange Bambams

IMG_0018-1.jpg

Rainbow Montiopra

IMG_0021.jpg

Cleaner shrimp and Candy cane

IMG_0024-1.jpg

Orange Montipora cap with Blue cloves showing alot of growth

IMG_0049.jpg

The hard part will be trying to get everything back looking the way it was. StevieT has a good post on moving a tank. I used that as a reference. I had to pickup the Solana I bought and it was about a 3 hour drive. I almost ran out of room in my Honda CRV. I used rubbermaid type tubs but you don't want to fill them with too much water otherwise it will leak when you carry it. I used more smaller containers rather than larger ones. It was just a time consuming process but in the end everything survived.

lol just imagine moving a 50breeder and a 29g sump...and everything in it...then you'll feel much better

Thanks spanky for making me feel better. haha daym i wouldn't even know what to do if it was a 50breeder. But yeah you should get a Solana and join the club. There are alot of solana on the site on the Solana owner thread. you can check out each person and get an idea plan for your new tank. the link is on my sig. get it a try! good luck :)

Sadly but i have to start taking out some corals and start transferring to the aquapod by the end of this week. start moving next week wednesday. :(

Goodluck with the move!

And yea If I can sell my breeder I'll get the solana. Going bigger was a problem lol, too much to deal with.

I need to find a nice used solana though, or atleast a place to get the tank/stand cheap.

Sadly but i have to start taking out some corals and start transferring to the aquapod by the end of this week. start moving next week wednesday. :(

Good luck bro! All will go well!!!

fingerscrossed

B)

Poor blenny without any sand to burrow and live in. Haha. j/k. Looking good. When do u get the cloudy day acan?

i don't have a blenny yet. haha. thanks tigah! i just got the acan today! phil sent it out to me. but i notice one of it is yours the red acan one. Do you have the name for that type? i received the Hulk Green, Rainbow, Cloudy day, and the Red acan today in the mail.

No name for the red one. You can call it whatever you want. hahah. Glad you like the red one. I traded amnestia the red one for his cloudy day acan.

The cloudy one is pretty unique, huh? I like it.

No name for the red one. You can call it whatever you want. hahah. Glad you like the red one. I traded amnestia the red one for his cloudy day acan.

The cloudy one is pretty unique, huh? I like it.

Since you gave me the honor of naming the red acan one. i will call it "the Red Tigah lord acan" lol Yeah the Cloudy day acan is something unique and very different from the rest.

Thank you Amnestia and 92awdGSX for the beautiful Hulk Acan and Rainbow Acan Echinata

Picture012.jpg

update news:

I try to fit as much of zoas, chalice, acans, mushrooms, blastos, yumas, blue cloves, frogspawn, and my beautiful montiporas in one little 12 gallon tank. Will they be ok for 2 days in this crowded tank? hopefull they will along with my 2 clownfish, yasha haze firefish. any advice you all can give me is welcome to help me save my collection addiction. haha. here's is a shot of them all in the little tank.

Picture018-1.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Sorry i had to take it with flash to capture this bad shot. please excuse my photo noobness :(

My 2 clownfish playing around :)

Picture029.jpg

Since you gave me the honor of naming the red acan one. i will call it "the Red Tigah lord acan" lol

LOL. Fancy.

Those hulk acan is REALLY sweet! I think your corals will be fine in the 12g for 2 days. Gluck with the move (I hate moving tanks as well, but it's doable).

Archived