inTank Media Baskets

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

Thanks Everyone for the nice comments.. Today i will try to take some pictures but first i have to go out of town for the day. Hopefully i will be back with more goodies soon.

Question do you guys think by adding another MP10 on the bottom will be to much flow. i have already have an MP20 full blast on (reef Crest) on the top right side but just looking for some ideas thoughts would help me out alot!

also do you all think i should add fine sand or fine crush rocks for sand bed or should i just keep my Bare Bottom look?

i was thinking about adding some very small schooling fish too! any suggestion?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fine aragonite sand would go hand-in-hand with your ZEN theme. I'm partial to sand tho. :)

But definitely say no to the crushed rocks.

everyone said that if I added sand in now it would cause me a cycle! True but is there another way to do this slowly to stop from causing it? Can I use my live sand from my aquapod that been establish from 2008? I was thinking that maybe I can put the sand in the ziplock bag and slowly pour it out on the back surface and use my hand to spread it out each day?

So wait what went wrong with the starboard?

I need to make the bottom of my tank white to reflect light...do not want sand lol

You want a starboard. i still got like 36" of starboard left. What i did wrong was that i didn't wanna seal the bottom because of being to lazy. :) lol

if you don't seal the bottom the detrius will build up underneath and its a pita to clean it out.

yeah i messed up on that one. it look very nice in person but it was PITA to clean and use the turkey blast to blow the bottom out. i made a terrible storm of detrius clouds and almost killed and stressed everything out last July. i lost one of my favorite zoas but i have saved the rest by transferring to another tank. But now everything is back to normal. Well lesson learned. :D

I can't wait to show you all my new pieces and yes everyone is waiting on that FTS. i also added a Yellow tail black blenny. He's hiding out for now and about but he got some amazing colors on him if looked very close. :)

I would like to see a pic of how you have the power compacts rerto fitted with the sunpod.

i will post up some more on how i retro fitted the pc to the sunpod soon. there have been alot of pm and request on how i did it but there is also i a selection on page 2 how i i retro it too. thanks!

Really Really good looking tank!

thankyou. as you can see i have moved all my zoas sitting on the arm of the rocks on top and kept the acans island on bottom on the right. i am planning to get more acans to complete my island :)

d'Espresso you have a PM

i got it. :) thanks! i will write out for you a book for you but first i need to go to lowes and take some pictures in those department i got the material from so you can have a better understanding. cool?

The aluminum cover i got is in the venting installation for kitchen. i use that as a actinics reflector.

i also bought red/black electric wire to rewire my acticinic light to extend it longer and i drilled holes into my sunpod.

IMG_0023.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The Package has arrived!!! New Updates, new corals, new fish, and new scape!

Much thanks to Sam, son and the whole team on RS for such beautiful frags.

Now on with the goodies and less talk. :) enjoy!

Package arrived at 1:30pm today

IMG_0209.jpg

Package is seal up nice and package was good no leaks. frags are ready to put in

IMG_0212.jpg

Frag bag 1

IMG_0219.jpg

Frag bag 2

IMG_0220.jpg

Frag bag 3 in the back with my lights off and living room lights on

IMG_0215.jpg

All the frags together close by

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

Archived