ReefCleaners.org

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

Couple weeks ago I had this crazy brown stuff cover my entire tank and corals so I had been fighting with it serval times a days. At first I thought I could just do a water change and do my normal wc but after a do a wc the next 2 days it came back again and got worst covering my zoas and corals.

I lost alot of my zoas And my dersa clam but manage to save most of my other corals. I got worry but couldn't figure out why and what is causing this warfare. So last night I throw in the towel and decided to take all my corals out and leave them in my 12g ap for the moment and did a big clean up, scrub the back wall, scrub the heater, change out the chemi pure and filter floss, clean the skimmer, and REMOVED all the rocks and remove the white faux board. After I removed everything in the tank, the only left in the water was this thick bottom brown stuff look like detrius(sorry mess spell) so I use my big siphon an suck it all out bare clean.

I decided not to use the faux white poly board anymore and just go completely bare bottom now until til I moved into my new apartment and I will add sand later to the tank later on when I get to my new place. But for now it is clean and I had to rescaped the rocks and add a few corals back in my tank. This morning I take a looked at again and seems like everything is doing good! My birdnest came back to life that I did not see before. I saw little purple polyps on the birdnest came out looking really happy. I will stay on a close look to see how everything is going for the next couple week. Just crossing my finger for now!

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great looking tank. Im not that far from you Madison, MS. Love the rock work how did you attach everything?

My theme for the solana is that I wanted to maintain a focal point of a zen look. That will capture the audience and myself the center of surrounding into space. I wanted the bonsai look so I found couple of flat pieces of live rocks and I used a drill bit and drilled my rocks. To able to hold the arm of the rock to the main rock, I use zipties! I ziptied the branch of the arm to the rock. I use the heavy rock for the foundation and worked other rocks to put in place.

I have removed all my rocks and rescaped after a bad detrius breakout. I will take some pictures tomorrow for a new FTS. For now I only have a p&s camera canon powershot. I am still researching for a new camera and can take some decent pictures later on. Stay tune for new updates soon!

David no worries bro. I got my pitcher hand up and took one for ya. The tank seems to be doing good now. Still have some brown snots algae but I kept my eyes on my corals and turkey blast any snots that get on them Off.

SpankythePyro

Your bone fishy is scaring my clowfishy.

Could the brown snot have been dinoflagellets, I am willing to bet that is what they are.

I think I like this scape better than the old one...

I kinda miss the faux poly board but this is totally different and is much better to keep simple clean! This is just temporary until we move to our new place next month.

I was thinking should I add live sands or keep it barebottom look? Any suggestion everyone?

Thanks

looks amazing! Is that a acintic mod?!

hey spanky! Yes that's actintic mod on the sunpod. I'm running 2x 27w actintic pc on my custom 150w mh.

I won't add Picasso yet til he gets a little bigger and develop the white marks on the tail. Then I will add him later.

If you all notice my zoas is not gone yet I have saved them in my 12g ap for the moment for now. I will post of some more pictures for those of you were concerning what happen to all my little colonies. No worries! :P

SpankythePyro

Nice!

How is the mp10 working out? I'm thinking of dropping $300 for a New MP40w tomorrow (I have the hookups ;)) I'm wondering if I should do that or buy some acan frags.... I need more corals lol

Nice!

How is the mp10 working out? I'm thinking of dropping $300 for a New MP40w tomorrow (I have the hookups ;)) I'm wondering if I should do that or buy some acan frags.... I need more corals lol

I went with the MP20 instead and it's working out good the way i wanted, also considering if i should purchase the backup battery kit for the MP20 because we are in hurricane season where i stay at and there could be possible electric breakout. i am very concerned when there is a hurricane out there..

Spanky you should get the MP40w, all your corals and clownfishy will love you more!!!

Very Zen grasshopper...........................

Laughing-Buddha-for-site-A.jpg

Gonna look real nice as it grows out!

thankyou Spanko son! (miyagi speaking)

Here are the rest of all my zoas that i just throw them all in my old 12 gallon Aquapodmod, if you all were concerning where they went: :):naughtydance::happydance::lol::happy:

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0002_2.jpg

IMG_0004_2.jpg

IMG_0005_2.jpg

IMG_0007_2.jpg

IMG_0009_2.jpg

IMG_0011_2.jpg

IMG_0018.jpg

IMG_0010_2.jpg

IMG_0012_2.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

SpankythePyro

Thats alot of rics, blastos and zoas!!

I just got my MP40w today and I'm having fun with all the modes! Thanks for helping me make my decision!

Thats alot of rics, blastos and zoas!!

I just got my MP40w today and I'm having fun with all the modes! Thanks for helping me make my decision!

I'm glad you made the right choice by getting the MP40w. Your fishy will jump out the water and kiss you for the new gadget! lol :)

Should i make a thread about my Aquapod 12 gallon tank?

I'm glad you made the right choice by getting the MP40w. Your fishy will jump out the water and kiss you for the new gadget! lol :)

Should i make a thread about my Aquapod 12 gallon tank?

"OMG... you geek... start another thread for that tank."

Maybe i should start one for the aquapod then... its not much happening just the zoas and the picasso clownfish i won the July 4th raffle from Christosclowns thats all. :)

Eating good and fat as he can be..

IMG_0101.jpg

Archived