Cultivated Reef

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have to put it in a different room :P

i'm staying in an apartment up/down stair. no room up stair and the biggest room is the living room. sorry :( i have no other choice. forgive me.. -_-

i'm staying in an apartment up/down stair. no room up stair and the biggest room is the living room. sorry :( i have no other choice. forgive me.. -_-

between the stock skimmer,the azoo fan, and the sunpod fan...you wont be able to hear sh*t on tv...lol...my living room is 20' x 25' and i find it competing with my surround system...and you'll find yourself looking at it all the time...

so leave the tank just get rid of the tv...lol... :D

between the stock skimmer,the azoo fan, and the sunpod fan...you wont be able to hear sh*t on tv...lol...my living room is 20' x 25' and i find it competing with my surround system...and you'll find yourself looking at it all the time...

so leave the tank just get rid of the tv...lol... :D

The tv is on the other side of the room. i will take some pictures later for you all to see that everything is out of the way of the tank and not in the way of watching a tv or the tank. :) cool!

im just excited and patience about Evilc66 LED light mod for the SUNPOD coming soon but as i was waiting for his LED to be ready to ship out whenever. i decided to modify my 20" SUNPOD 150w MH because i can not afford another MH with Actinic and wanted to save some money so i took out some parts from my other tank and use what i got hanging around my house. i found a new cover from the Aquapod that was just sitting in the closet because i have a 70w viper on the tank so i didn't care to use them on there. So i use 2 x 27w Sunpak Aquapod 12 gallon and some how modded into my 20" Sunpod and this is the out come of it. All i need now is Evilc66 LED setup and my master piece should be done. This modded took me 6 hours of planning, figure out how to installed, taking the SUNPOD a part, drilled, modded, and putting everything back together and testing. Everything was a PITA but it came out really nice. i'm so excited about next Tuesday when i will get everything running. Here's some pictures, Enjoy! :)

Before:

IMG_0003_2.jpg

After:

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0017_2.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

(*notices* my couch is next to the tank now.) So no worries about watching movies and rewinding but enjoy the show with my reef. :)

Thanks everyone that has been watching the progress. Tomorrow the HDPE 1/4 starboard will come in and probably when i get off of work i will take some pictures and start cutting and fitting for the next day to fill her up. Can't wait the moment we all been waiting for. I have never done Bare bottom so i don't know what to expect. Any suggestion or advice is welcome. please help for i have not done this. i was thinking to play it safe by putting the Starboard and seal the bottom and then put my remaining live sand from my other tank on top of the board and through out water change each 2 weeks or month i slowly siphon the sand out to make it bb. Will that work?

I apologize for the crappy pictures that have been taken. Any one with a Canon SD870 IS DIGITAL ELPH that can help me make the pictures look better will be lots of help? thanks! :)

TriggerHappyDude

The Sapphire Aquatics skimmer is awesome, been using it for a few months now. I love it.

Its so very quiet and skims awesome. Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.

Here are some pictures after one day of skimming...

69046811.jpg

66657c3d.jpg

435c7aba.jpg

Also, looking at the back of your tank, are you sure you left enough room for the bag of ChemiPure there on top of that eggcrate? I think you did, but wondered if you laid it in there to test?

Also curious about the live rock "rumbles" aka rubble placement, is that going underneath the skimmer?

I was told on here that live rock rubble might not be a good idea as its a collector of bad stuff, like the bio balls are. What are your hopes/intentions for the live rock rubble? What benefits does it give?

:unsure:

Is it really over kill? I can adjust since the tank is still in presetup. I wanna try not to make lots mistake but less. Wanna plan it out carefully. What were some of you all mistake when setting up a solana. Whats to do and whats not do. Anything u would of change?

TriggerHappyDude
Is it really over kill? I can adjust since the tank is still in presetup. I wanna try not to make lots mistake but less. Wanna plan it out carefully. What were some of you all mistake when setting up a solana. Whats to do and whats not do. Anything u would of change?

Some of my mistakes were too much planning...I had mine all planned out like you do, and some of the stuff I bought just didn't work or fit into the plan as I had "planned"...but living and learning was good, you look to be on the right track.

Hell no!

I was just curious why he would say that??? B)

NanoReefNovice
. Anything u would of change?

ditch the live rock rubble under the skimmer.

and its time to get it wet. :D

Are you all ready to see the new Solana Remix? I just finish doing a big switch and doing my first aquascape. Just alittle bit more to go, its been PITA doing the rocks but should do justice. Stay tune!

ps. Are you guys having skimmer noise problem or should i let it kick in for couple days. :(

Im so excited I can pee. LOL. Nice set up dude, I really like the light, just read the thread. WOWZA!

:eek:

;)

Are you all ready to see the new Solana Remix? I just finish doing a big switch and doing my first aquascape. Just alittle bit more to go, its been PITA doing the rocks but should do justice. Stay tune!

ps. Are you guys having skimmer noise problem or should i let it kick in for couple days. :(

only poorly constructed skimmers from non-reputable companies make noise...you dont have one of those... :D

The Sapphire Aquatics skimmer is awesome, been using it for a few months now. I love it.

Its so very quiet and skims awesome. Well worth the upgrade in my opinion.

Here are some pictures after one day of skimming...

69046811.jpg

66657c3d.jpg

435c7aba.jpg

Also, looking at the back of your tank, are you sure you left enough room for the bag of ChemiPure there on top of that eggcrate? I think you did, but wondered if you laid it in there to test?

Also curious about the live rock "rumbles" aka rubble placement, is that going underneath the skimmer?

I was told on here that live rock rubble might not be a good idea as its a collector of bad stuff, like the bio balls are. What are your hopes/intentions for the live rock rubble? What benefits does it give?

Nice shot of the Skimmer in action Trigger. I finally set it up and got it working. still gotta tune it alittle bit. I did left alot of room for the bag of ChemiPure to fit in the middle of the eggcrate. Also i ditch the live rock "rumbles" and got it wet. Thanks for the advices everyone! Can i see how much water you put in the back, i just got my ATO today and installed tonight. Works like a charm! :) No more hand refilling R/O water. haha. I'm still in the progress of transferring everything from my other tank. So be on the look out soon.

Hell no!

I was just curious why he would say that??? B)

Yeah im curious also. i thought i had a mistake of over doing it? but oh well i got it setup already, great news! i got the ATO today and installed already. Works like magic! Thank god there is ATO! haha

ditch the live rock rubble under the skimmer.

and its time to get it wet. :D

YES SIRRRRR! time to get it wet

Im so excited I can pee. LOL. Nice set up dude, I really like the light, just read the thread. WOWZA!

Uhhhh O-kay.. haha thanks for checking out my thread, bout time i join the Solana Clubs.. We all should have a Solana Club on nano-reef. its should be fun!

only poorly constructed skimmers from non-reputable companies make noise...you dont have one of those... :D

How much water should be placed back in the chamber so that the skimmer can function perfectly? But overall the Skimmer is worth the buy. its super quiet now!

Archived