Coral Vue Hydros

d'Espresso's Solana, Baby S'mores pics p.29

d'Espresso

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that picasso is sick! anyone want a pair of naked clowns?

hey med, i should make a journal and keep up with this little guy growth thread too huh? whatcha all think? Thread on my picasso growing up?

"Haha... Beyonce voice" u funny med! I think I just keep the 2 fish I got and when the Picasso is bigger I will put him in there with the rest of them.

Just added some new sps! Picture will be up later on

Decided to take a top view of everything i have in the tank finally added some Green Nuclear polyps! i also moved my chalice on the back top. i still haven't figure what type it is but its super red in person. my camera is bad and i suck at taking pictures.

IMG_0033.jpg

Broken record here, d'Espresso, your tank looks awesome.

I've been dying to upgrade my pimped out bare bottom JBJ 12DX to a Cadlights 22g or 39g. While a fan of the Solana look I felt the 24" footprint of the Cadlights would allow me to run nice T5HO lighting with 24" bulbs to avoid a chiller. Well, low and behold I've lined up a screaming deal on an established Solana tank. Hard for me to pass up. It's not a bare bottom affair but I figure I can lose the sand when I pick it up. Once I get it here to the house I can transition my existing livestock and gear to the Solana which includes a MP10, Reefkeeper Lite, Tunze ATO, JBJ Nanoglo and a MJ900. I'll need to pick up a Sapphire skimmer, an Azoo fan, something to hang the Sunpod and modify the back chambers. The final product.... your tank's long lost twin it appears.

By the way I own Ridgid 24v lithium power tools. Was in a Home Depot outlet store here in Atlanta and found a portable Ridgid wet/dry vac that uses the same batteries. Has a 2 to 3 gallon capacity. I found a kit with some mini accessories and that's what I've been using to perform water changes. The tools allow me to get down on the bottom glass and in the back chambers to pick up any detritus or debris. Really has simplified things for a bare bottom setup where a gravel cleaner just won't do.

thanks tigahboy. it is hold together by zipties in 3 sections double tied. :) but sadly i will soon have to break down the tank and the aquascape to move to my new apartment soon next month.

i also thinking if i should add sand in the tank to make it more natural.

thanks tigahboy. it is hold together by zipties in 3 sections double tied. :) but sadly i will soon have to break down the tank and the aquascape to move to my new apartment soon next month.

i also thinking if i should add sand in the tank to make it more natural.

YES. SAND! Haha. I'm a big fan of sand (very thin sand bed that is with lots of sifting critters). I understand the functionality/purpose of the BB, but sand looks more natural.

I get sand but I like to think of it this way...

That BB is room for more corals! Let the GSP cover the bottom, that would be freakin' sweet! Either way you have a limited space so why not create as much area for corals as possible?

I get sand but I like to think of it this way...

That BB is room for more corals! Let the GSP cover the bottom, that would be freakin' sweet! Either way you have a limited space so why not create as much area for corals as possible?

SHHHHH! I am planning on doing a tank with GSP covering the bottom to look like grass. I think this tank would be perfect for it... but I want to do it first!

Haha yes med go for it but I still can not decide if I would like the blue cloves or gsp to grow on sand bed or my back wall covering the entired back? Which is Which that will make it look more optical to the eyes.

I was thinking the surround of my rock work cover around with gsp and my back whole wall cover bed of blue cloves?

Paleoreef103
sounds interesting. sure you want to do it in this tank? may be a pain keeping everything at bay once it gets onto your rock work.

MMM hmm! Especially the Blue Cloves. They spawn like crazy and they'll be every where in a few months. Just a word to the wise. I like the GSP idea though. Even though it too would be tough to keep at bay.

Sooo nice!

I'm waiting til I get my tank moved in to buy some SPS ;)

ME TOO! i think i will keep some zoas and sell the rest of them and just do SPS and ACANS!

Is there any where i can order a dry dock for my Vortech MP20 dry dock? do anyone have a link or know where i can find one? thanks!

Needreefunds
Is there any where i can order a dry dock for my Vortech MP20 dry dock? do anyone have a link or know where i can find one? thanks!

Perhaps PM NR member thecowkid?

I know StevieT made a couple , but if memory serves he is no longer doing them?

May wanna check with him also.

Perhaps PM NR member thecowkid?

I know StevieT made a couple , but if memory serves he is no longer doing them?

May wanna check with him also.

i hope he still can make one for me or know where i can purchase one. that would be great! thanks needreefunds! :)

Needreefunds
i hope he still can make one for me or know where i can purchase one. that would be great! thanks needreefunds! :)

No problem. ;)

Happy Hunting! :P

Archived