Pod Your Reef

Smurf Snot Zoas..

Kraylen

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefpets.com

Sounds like a good time. Lets try out your fishin holes. Just let me know when and I will make the time to go, thats for sure.

Ill give you a call later this evening, probably 9 or 10.

Gary

Man I couldn't be mad at you brother ! You were helping me out. That would be retarded wouldn't it :lol: we gotta go fish'n though for sure. I got the bug again bad and I wanna go before you head back south west. I know a bunch of good bass lakes but it a little drive from here. Tycoon reservoir for one is slamm'n with large mouth but its in Wayne national forest about 100 miles away.

I know a lot of good local holes for cats and pan fish though. We can go out to Miami White Water Reservoir and catch a chit load of blue gill and have a fish fry if you like ? A pay lake as well to catch some cats to fry up if you like. I have a portable fry daddy so we are good to go there. I'll have a portable charcoal grill tonight too so we will be golden for a portable fry where ever.

I also know a trout hole but I don't know about the time of year though ya know what I mean. May be to warm. Its deep but I think they will be tough to hook this time of year.

If you call tonight I may be out with Janice or at her mothers. I have to go get a charcoal grill today to BBQ up some chit tonight for them. So just call the celly and leave a message if I don't get to it in time. I'll call you back as soon as I see it.

Only a little!

Good lord this thread got way off topic.

Is this the thread on mysterious zoa/paly activity occurring in the past couple of months? Just curious because I have these steel-blue color (color not name) palys that I had to move from T5's to PC's and many of them grew together. There are several like this in the colony. Sorry the PC 50/50 bulb n my kids' aquarium makes for crappy pics but you should get the idea. I think they got smurfed but need Kray's expertise on this.

P1010001.jpg

Those are doodoo takeover palythoa.

You have such a way with words. I am hoping they grow into one giant paly. Now that would be something.

kyrie_eleison
WRONG.

They are both found in varying depths and do not require any acclimation other then float and release. You may shade depending on light intensity but they do not need immediate acclimation at all other then float and release.

This is a prime example of to little intelligence on the matter and to big of self confidence.

If you met they guy that paid $200 per polyp you should have smacked his stupid azz. HE DID IT TO HIMSELF.

woah. Easy there...missy. If you're a vendor, I can see the hostility but there's no reason to curse. And uh, you're not right either about this.

Nice thread Kraylen...

I don't care if they're hornets or smurf snot...you have some fine-lookin' purdy zoas there!

The Propagator
woah. Easy there...missy. If you're a vendor, I can see the hostility but there's no reason to curse. And uh, you're not right either about this.

I'M NOT A VENDOR. but I am right about every word of it.

Thank you for your comments though mam. They are always welcome. ( as long as they are factual that is )

Nice thread Kraylen...

I don't care if they're hornets or smurf snot...you have some fine-lookin' purdy zoas there!

I can go al0ong with that ! I like'em as well :D

Sounds like a good time. Lets try out your fishin holes. Just let me know when and I will make the time to go, thats for sure.

Ill give you a call later this evening, probably 9 or 10.

Gary

Only a little!

Sweet Call tonight and well hook it up.

kyrie_eleison

ooookay. I'm sensing some bit of anger. And, some bit of deception on the part of the vendor. Corals, cars, crap...it's all the same.

addicted2reefer

Reading this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, does anyone else feel tha luv?

I like the little whatchamacallits

crazydante23

Oh my god brother, you are a fruitloop. ahahahaha. So Jim how you doing? Me and Lisa are gonna go visit her parent in fresno. Im not mad at you, lol. your silly Jim. I cant believe I misssed all your calls ahahahaha. Anyways get back to me soon, Fruitloop. lol.ahahahaah

kyrie_eleison
Reading this thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, does anyone else feel tha luv?

I like the little whatchamacallits

oh I know. it's a blast seeing someone lose their skirt.

Check these out from a ebay seller called auctionmethis. Now these are pretty dark blue!

Yeah....photoshop is a great thing.

Needreefunds
Me, since I named them Purple Hornets. The name Hornet came from the ultering colors on the skirt. Just like a Hornet Bee, the back has ultering colors, yellow and black. Well the Purple Hornets have ultering colors, yellow and purple...... Therefore, the statement that you questioned is a true statement.

....just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Gimme a break. You now own the word hornet?? It must be dropped from every day speech because you named one zoanthid? Please...

Fine, if you are in fact the guy who named Purple Hornets then- at best- you may have cause to be upset if someone was calling something PURPLE HORNETS that were not...but alas this is not the case here.

You say you are looking after others best interests here- that they not be ripped off- a noble gesture...but

I wonder if perhaps the real reason is you may be worried that using the word Hornet at all may in fact cheapen the name thereby costing you money?

Because that is what this thread stinks of IMO. And yes its only my opinion

Sorry about the total jack of this thread Kraylen, but the ridiculousness of the quoted statement begged for a reply.

No problem man, these silent turds that are creeping out of the wood works and farting in this thread need to be stomped back into the bushes.

reefpets.com

I EXPLAINED how the name came about. Cost me money? Give me a break! I don't need to sell coral and dont sell coral for a living therefore, I could honestly careless what your opinion is when it come to me making money. If you read pages forward you will see that this thread has went past the point that you are now bringing back to the surface.

You don't know me or my thoughts therefore your opinions are just that, opinions. Keep your opinions coming and I will states the facts. Opinions are like #######s, everyone has one.

But, I am glad to see that what I typed pulled you back in.

By the way, what you quoted was an answer to a question and from what I recall it was not your question.

....just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in.

Gimme a break. You now own the word hornet?? It must be dropped from every day speech because you named one zoanthid? Please...

Fine, if you are in fact the guy who named Purple Hornets then- at best- you may have cause to be upset if someone was calling something PURPLE HORNETS that were not...but alas this is not the case here.

You say you are looking after others best interests here- that they not be ripped off- a noble gesture...but

I wonder if perhaps the real reason is you may be worried that using the word Hornet at all may in fact cheapen the name thereby costing you money?

Because that is what this thread stinks of IMO. And yes its only my opinion

Sorry about the total jack of this thread Kraylen, but the ridiculousness of the quoted statement begged for a reply.

Needreefunds

I did ask the question, but no matter. The point of this whole thing IS the very point you seem to avoid. My point is he posted pics of a zoa that has been called blue hornets by others. You never really addressed that - blue hornets, not purple hornets period. Done.

As for opinions, You said yourself, the pattern qualifies it as a hornet IN YOUR OPINION.

Thanks for the foul language as well.

I EXPLAINED how the name came about. Cost me money? Give me a break! I don't need to sell coral and dont sell coral for a living therefore, I could honestly careless what your opinion is when it come to me making money. If you read pages forward you will see that this thread has went past the point that you are now bringing back to the surface.

You don't know me or my thoughts therefore your opinions are just that, opinions. Keep your opinions coming and I will states the facts. Opinions are like #######s, everyone has one.

But, I am glad to see that what I typed pulled you back in.

By the way, what you quoted was an answer to a question and from what I recall it was not your question.

reefpets.com

Maybe you did ask the question, I didnt take the time to look it up. If the question was answered then I dont understand the issue here. I dont own the name, I only answered your question, thats it.

In all honesty, what is the point of this whole thing. From what I have seen the point is to bash me for stating the facts.

What is your outlook on this thread and by all means I will address is. I have not once been rude to anyone and again all of the opinions start flying!

I did ask the question, but no matter. The point of this whole thing IS the very point you seem to avoid. My point is he posted pics of a zoa that has been called blue hornets by others. You never really addressed that - blue hornets, not purple hornets period. Done.

As for opinions, You said yourself, the pattern qualifies it as a hornet IN YOUR OPINION.

Thanks for the foul language as well.

Archived