Pod Your Reef

Smurf Snot Zoas..

Kraylen

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had some...they were very nice looking.

Then after two weeks they started to slowly melt away. The really don't do well under HQI's.

I have a small colony. Very pretty but kinda tempermental for a zoa. Once they settle in they do well and mine grow fast. Hope you get a lot of responses Kraylen.

_prof

I got two different pieces from Xiong but I can't keep them alive for some reason. I think it's more than just the lighting since I placed some frags in the shade, some in medium light, and some in higher light.....they melted all the same.

I have some in my 55 gallon, high and low under a tek 6 bulb t5 system. I have some under a 250w HQI in the frag tank and some under a 150w HQI in the other frag tank they are all going great.

highonfumes
I have a small colony. Very pretty but kinda tempermental for a zoa. Once they settle in they do well and mine grow fast. Hope you get a lot of responses Kraylen.

_prof

Agreed. I bought 9 heads of these and placed them on the sand under 70 watts of halide. I lost them all but one. Within a few days it was sprouting a new head. I moved it up to a frag rack halfway up the tank still under the same halide and now it grows about a head a week. I don't regret buying them at all. They are STUNNERS. Hope you move em all Kraylen.

there's actually another name for these that is more common when you google search. They are steel blue zoanthids. Very nice looking regardless!

Shut up lgreen, its not like you could afford any of these anyway so you gtfo.

Here ya go prop.

Right...more like I probably wouldn't be dumb enough to pay what you are probably asking.

xiongaquatics
Right...more like I probably wouldn't be dumb enough to pay what you are probably asking.

these i have are pretty cool. yellow on the end of the skirt and thin yellow ring around the mouth. any one else have these. i do. i call them trueblue hornet(not true blue hornet) and very affordable to. lol...

truebluehorent.jpg?t=1244333856

truebluehorent2.jpg?t=1244333788

truebluehorent1.jpg?t=1244333828

Then go shop at vivid, maybe they can sell you a woman too.

there's actually another name for these that is more common when you google search. They are steel blue zoanthids. Very nice looking regardless!

Blue Steel/Hornet/Bonnet All the same.. pick a name ;)

xiongaquatics
If anyone can pick up I'll hook you up phat.

some one get them. those blue steel are really nice under 14-20k lighting. and even better blue light.

The Propagator
Shut up lgreen, its not like you could afford any of these anyway so you gtfo.

Here ya go prop.

You know you can get those by the hundreds from Florida collectors dirt cheap ?

Those come from the Caribbean and are super common. Talk to Dana Cramer on eBay.

I think he goes by danac ? I have his website some where as well. I'll look it up for you and post it here.

Archived