ReefCleaners.org

Smurf Snot Zoas..

Kraylen

Anyways, If anyone wants to pick some up in 93901 I'll give them to you for free. I got alot of free time the next two weeks and I would love to share some of these (insert random name) zoanthids.

Kudos to Kray. Wished I lived on the other coast! gg.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefpets.com

You are a Fruit Loop!! I called you twice and left a message once and I emailed you 3 times and you are asking if I am going to return your call, I did return it! So, I called twice, left a message once, emailed you through ebay and emailed you on your regular email address. You need to stop smokin crack or smoke more of it, whatever will keep you on schedule.....

That was not a situation for me, I emailed you about that as soon as I got your message and said it was not a problem. Taking the day off was great and that it was Turkey season therefore I would enjoy hunting all day...

Why would I be pissed off? If I would get pissed of about something like that then life would be very rough for me..

I wonder about you sometimes!!

Gary

You ever going to return a call ? :P

( I did call you and tell you they were coming before hand and said sorry... bozo :D )

Is that where the GFY come sin then ?

You know I wasn't singling you out you dufus ! :D

reefpets.com

Thats odd, no one ever contacted me about it..... I believe I have received positive feedback for every polyp that has been sold. Not only that, I did not sell a polyp for 200.00. I put the auction up for 19.99 and people bid as high as they are willing to pay. Again, I do not set the price for the coral, buyers do.

Since you met the guy, who was it?

reefpets, if what you say is true, then that guy you sold that single $200 polyp to a while back deserves a refund. I met him yesterday and he was pissed.

Dude it it was an auction no one can get mad. An auction is an auction.... if dude was hype enough to bid that high he must have been wanting to win that auction.

fastandsneaky

not sure if this has been stated, but purple hornets were named and originated by gary @ reefpets. and people who do not that, are willing to pay 200 dollars a polyp and know what they are getting into.

for communication, gary is the best. he is very prompt at responses and is detailed with his work.

and i have to agree with reefpets and kraylen on their stance on auction. its not the poster who sets the price its the bidder. if a person doesn't like the price don't bid on it.

not sure of the rest of the argument, but because naming corals is so ambiguous, it doesn't really matter what you name it as long as there is a picture with it, which kraylen provided

ah that name will never stick....

I'll bet those Smurf Snot Zoa's will sell for $250 a polyp some day just because I said that.

addicted2reefer

HAHAHA Kraylen why must everyone give you a hard time? Can we ALL agree they are blue zoanthids.

how about if yall dont like Kraylen, stay off his threads. almost 7 pages of dissing the poor guy, does he really get under yall skin so bad , ya must thrash em?

I think propagator was saying those are from the florida area, i would just like to add that he is right, LFS has a couple frags on the discs, any other polyp is 10 bucks, this style goes for 25 with maybe 5 polyps on it, becuase they are SOOO RARE.

The Propagator
You are a Fruit Loop!! I called you twice and left a message once and I emailed you 3 times and you are asking if I am going to return your call, I did return it! So, I called twice, left a message once, emailed you through ebay and emailed you on your regular email address. You need to stop smokin crack or smoke more of it, whatever will keep you on schedule.....

That was not a situation for me, I emailed you about that as soon as I got your message and said it was not a problem. Taking the day off was great and that it was Turkey season therefore I would enjoy hunting all day...

Why would I be pissed off? If I would get pissed of about something like that then life would be very rough for me..

I wonder about you sometimes!!

Gary

I knew you were teh ghey !

Haven't checked eBay because I don't sell there any more, your other contacts and messages just didn't go through I guess ? I swear I didn't get a one of them. Maybe something screwed up in the service or something? I'd have called you back broham.

I just didn't want you to be upset for breaking plans like that was all.

I'll be at Janice's mothers this evening or out with Janice all evening one.. looking at stupid womenz stuff. Give me a call. If you cant reach me here call the celly. I think you have it ? Its the 910 number.

I think Im gonna call them Smurf Snot Zoas.

Sheeeet no. Leave'em at at Blue hornets.

HAHAHA Kraylen why must everyone give you a hard time? Can we ALL agree they are blue zoanthids.

how about if yall dont like Kraylen, stay off his threads. almost 7 pages of dissing the poor guy, does he really get under yall skin so bad , ya must thrash em?

Im like Sawyer in lost.

I'm thinking of heading down from the bay to Monterey with the wifey in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can stop by and see what you got Kraylen, always interested in seeing other reefers setups.

The Propagator

I don't know how I missed the whole trying to call Gary out thing.....

Look folks, Gary is a good friend of mine. He lives about 15 minutes away from me and I know he isn't ripping people off. He has never charged $200 out right for these frick'n things.

Ever. In fact we have traded head for head on much lesser priced zoanthids. The $200 buy was in deed on eBay. The retards got in to a bidding war and one of them didn't want to lose. As for how much he paid for the original colony or what ever.........

NONE OF YOUR FRUCKING BUSINESS. If it he got them free he still has the right to resell them any way he see's fit just like you or I do. YOU AND I AS BUYERS decide what is to high a price to pay. Sellers don't twist your arm and say " YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS OR ELSE !!"

Are you kidding me with this crap ?

This is exactly why I do not sell on eBay and why I do not sell pretty much at all right now.

Under educated, egotistical dumbazzes who think the world owes them something no matter what the situation. They screw themselves and its automatically some one elses fault. They reach in their wallet and lay the money down to buy a coral and some one ripped them off even though they thought it was worth it to them at the time. They complain about the cost of named corals, blame the sellers, and forget altogether they are the ones who named them in the 1st damn place. So yet again they are a victim of their own stupidity and ripping them selves off.

Then you get the REAL dumbazzes who not only complain about a price they paid for the coral they named, but who want to blame you when the coral dies two weeks after they have had it because they have no business keeping a gold fish in a bowl let a lone a reef tank.

/rant......... :P

The Propagator
That doesn't work either. The 3 polyps I have are presently shaded at the very bottom of my tank. They're the only survivors of what I call the most mysterious colony of zoanthid catastrophe I've ever come across. No offense to anyone but I don't believe anything positive that's posted in this thread. Sellers will tell you just about anything to keep it positive; or else lose potential customers. A <10% survival rate among true collectors is a pathetic stat. True "PURPLE" hornets are not deepwater zoanthids but rather morphs. BLUE hornets on the other hand are collected in deeper water and require ever slower acclimation, cooler temperatures and dimmer light.

reefpets, if what you say is true, then that guy you sold that single $200 polyp to a while back deserves a refund. I met him yesterday and he was pissed.

WRONG.

They are both found in varying depths and do not require any acclimation other then float and release. You may shade depending on light intensity but they do not need immediate acclimation at all other then float and release.

This is a prime example of to little intelligence on the matter and to big of self confidence.

If you met they guy that paid $200 per polyp you should have smacked his stupid azz. HE DID IT TO HIMSELF.

reefpets.com

Thanks for the compliments!! I always get attacked over the Purple Hornets on way or the other. I dont understand it, look at the insane prices people are paying for Chalice. When the Chalice addiction has passed there will be a lot of pissed off people that have a collection that they paid a fortune for. But, this is an expensive hobby and thats just the way it works, you have to pay to play...

And you are correct, people pay a high dollar amount to get them from me because they can guarantee that they are going to get the real Purple Hornets and not a polyp that looks something like a Purple Hornet. Its a collectors zoanthid and most collectables, coral or not coral, are typically expensive.

Oh well, enough said on my part.

Gary

not sure if this has been stated, but purple hornets were named and originated by gary @ reefpets. and people who do not that, are willing to pay 200 dollars a polyp and know what they are getting into.

for communication, gary is the best. he is very prompt at responses and is detailed with his work.

and i have to agree with reefpets and kraylen on their stance on auction. its not the poster who sets the price its the bidder. if a person doesn't like the price don't bid on it.

not sure of the rest of the argument, but because naming corals is so ambiguous, it doesn't really matter what you name it as long as there is a picture with it, which kraylen provided

reefpets.com

Well said and extremely true. As prop stated, I never have sold one polyp outside of eBay therefore I have never charged more than 19.99 for a polyp. many people from this forum and MANY other forums contact me about purchasing a polyp and if anyone from this thread has contacted me then you know that I have stated that I will not sell them. I have traded only three polyps in the past and the trades were way less than what I could have goten dollar wise on eBay.

Enough explaining for me.........

Again, I still think you are a Fruit Loop! I will have to forward you the emails. When I send a message through ebay you were still selling because I sent the message through a live auction. Oh well, it doesnt matter. I was never pissed off about anything at all. I figured you were since I called and emailed but never got a response.

I will give you a call later this evening.

Gary

From the above messages it looks like a couple people understand how eBay and bidding works.

The Propagator
Well said and extremely true. As prop stated, I never have sold one polyp outside of eBay therefore I have never charged more than 19.99 for a polyp. many people from this forum and MANY other forums contact me about purchasing a polyp and if anyone from this thread has contacted me then you know that I have stated that I will not sell them. I have traded only three polyps in the past and the trades were way less than what I could have goten dollar wise on eBay.

Enough explaining for me.........

Again, I still think you are a Fruit Loop! I will have to forward you the emails. When I send a message through ebay you were still selling because I sent the message through a live auction. Oh well, it doesnt matter. I was never pissed off about anything at all. I figured you were since I called and emailed but never got a response.

I will give you a call later this evening.

Gary

From the above messages it looks like a couple people understand how eBay and bidding works.

Man I couldn't be mad at you brother ! You were helping me out. That would be retarded wouldn't it :lol: we gotta go fish'n though for sure. I got the bug again bad and I wanna go before you head back south west. I know a bunch of good bass lakes but it a little drive from here. Tycoon reservoir for one is slamm'n with large mouth but its in Wayne national forest about 100 miles away.

I know a lot of good local holes for cats and pan fish though. We can go out to Miami White Water Reservoir and catch a chit load of blue gill and have a fish fry if you like ? A pay lake as well to catch some cats to fry up if you like. I have a portable fry daddy so we are good to go there. I'll have a portable charcoal grill tonight too so we will be golden for a portable fry where ever.

I also know a trout hole but I don't know about the time of year though ya know what I mean. May be to warm. Its deep but I think they will be tough to hook this time of year.

If you call tonight I may be out with Janice or at her mothers. I have to go get a charcoal grill today to BBQ up some chit tonight for them. So just call the celly and leave a message if I don't get to it in time. I'll call you back as soon as I see it.

reefpets.com

No reason for me to be mad either, I wasnt sure what was going on so I sort of left it alone.

Fishin? I am always up for that. I have been going at least a couple times a week. They have some charters by my house, I have not tried it out but it would most likely be worth it.

Man I couldn't be mad at you brother ! You were helping me out. That would be retarded wouldn't it :lol: we gotta go fish'n though for sure. I got the bug again bad and I wanna go before you head back south west.

Archived