Cultivated Reef

Smurf Snot Zoas..

Kraylen

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

firebretha officially got e-slapped, :lol:.

I also like how his thread got so off-topic on reef2reef that it got closed. A bunch of old farts bashing the best reefing forum on the net.

Yeah they hate on NR because they settles for a lesser site. Its like marring an ugly chick then calling your best friends hot wife ugly because you're jealous.

A bunch of old farts bashing the best reefing forum on the net.

When did they bash on Reef Central?

I must have missed that.

ficklefins
firebretha officially got e-slapped, :lol:.

I also like how his thread got so off-topic on reef2reef that it got closed. A bunch of old farts bashing the best reefing forum on the net.

The thread was closed in respect to other forms. Reef2Reef does not condone the negative discussion of other forums, so I apologize if this goes against your views. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to PM me with any additional comments or concerns.

Thanks,

Luciano

reefpets.com

First of all, I never called anything Blue Hornets. Second, I did not set the selling price of coral, buyers do. Third, I did not purchase a 40 dollar rock and sell it for a ton more. Fourth, if its a stupid price then don't purchase. And last, if they are such a rip off why is the demand so high that the name Hornet has been added to about every zoanthid on the market?

I had nothing bad to say about the seller on this thread, all I done was point out the facts of Purple Hornets. I have no idea why I responded to your post, I should have ignored it like others did. But, when you are going to attack me over an opinion of yours then why should I set on the side lines and not respond?

You are going to call me a scammer? Have you ever done business with me or known of someone that I scammed? No!! I have a great reputation for a reason and then you, someone that has never done business with me, calls me a smammer because I sell a high end coral. You have to be kidding!!

reefpet

I hate to see when something is being sold for something it is not. All this does is ruin the hobby and most of all it is taking advantage of people and ripping them off.

I think that reefpet guy is the scammer. He buys a 40 dollar rock calls them blue hornets and sells each polyp for a stupid price,

Great example of a well managed forum!

The thread was closed in respect to other forms. Reef2Reef does not condone the negative discussion of other forums, so I apologize if this goes against your views. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to PM me with any additional comments or concerns.

Thanks,

Luciano

Im not a frickin seller, Im a collector... if you want some of my ish I mean it wont be free but I'll break you off... thats the best part about this hobby is when someone you know comes up on a phat amount of something thats hot at the moment then you can get a piece for free/cheap....

reefpets.com

This is the reason that I stated seller. I dont't know who you are or what you do, I was just going by what was posted. If you are a seller thats great, if you are not a seller then that is great as well. I am a seller and collector and collectors typically sell at some point. When I mean seller I don't mean vendor, there is a difference to me.

People who came into my store and purchased the SAME BLUE HORNETS I am selling here had no problem with them, nothing "fake" about my zoas.

I agree, one of the greatest things about the hobby is trading and/or selling to get more coral for the addiction.

Im not a frickin seller, Im a collector... if you want some of my ish I mean it wont be free but I'll break you off... thats the best part about this hobby is when someone you know comes up on a phat amount of something thats hot at the moment then you can get a piece for free/cheap....
kyrie_eleison

The MARS reef club up here (Sac, Ca) bought a whole slew of them (something like 50+ polyps) a couple months back and divided them among their members. Almost all of them have melted away. It's not a bad review...but definitely warrants a second thought. If you've managed to sustain them, it's most impressive.

Obi Juan kenobi
The MARS reef club up here (Sac, Ca) bought a whole slew of them (something like 50+ polyps) a couple months back and divided them among their members. Almost all of them have melted away. It's not a bad review...but definitely warrants a second thought. If you've managed to sustain them, it's most impressive.

+1 a bunch of guys got them from a lfs here also and only like 2 of them have been able to keep them, they all just melted including mine. Props for keeping them alive Kraylen.

reefpets.com

They are known for melting. But, I have worked with them trying to figure out a solution. I have found that if you put them in intense flow and intense light that they will actually grow very well. This process has worked well for me and I have been growing them like crazy. It something worth trying.

From what I have found that will keep them healthy and growing well.

Thanks man. I keep them where my SPS are at... super high light and super high flow.. ballin.
The Propagator
No problem. I think that you and I were posting at the same time. Therefore, I did not see your post and sort of posted the same remarks.

You ever going to return a call ? :P

( I did call you and tell you they were coming before hand and said sorry... bozo :D )

crap I guess I am a seller. w/e

Is that where the GFY come sin then ?

You know I wasn't singling you out you dufus ! :D

Kray knows his ish, despite what his economic upbringing may have made him.

Too bad flaming monkey butts are the new deepwater steel africanised hornets.

kyrie_eleison
They are known for melting. But, I have worked with them trying to figure out a solution. I have found that if you put them in intense flow and intense light that they will actually grow very well. This process has worked well for me and I have been growing them like crazy. It something worth trying.

That doesn't work either. The 3 polyps I have are presently shaded at the very bottom of my tank. They're the only survivors of what I call the most mysterious colony of zoanthid catastrophe I've ever come across. No offense to anyone but I don't believe anything positive that's posted in this thread. Sellers will tell you just about anything to keep it positive; or else lose potential customers. A <10% survival rate among true collectors is a pathetic stat. True "PURPLE" hornets are not deepwater zoanthids but rather morphs. BLUE hornets on the other hand are collected in deeper water and require ever slower acclimation, cooler temperatures and dimmer light.

reefpets, if what you say is true, then that guy you sold that single $200 polyp to a while back deserves a refund. I met him yesterday and he was pissed.

reefpets, if what you say is true, then that guy you sold that single $200 polyp to a while back deserves a refund. I met him yesterday and he was pissed.

oh snap. :mellow:

Obi Juan kenobi

Here are some Japanese deepwater zoas I got. They look very similar to all the hornet craze.

317b1vl.jpg

Archived