Cultivated Reef

Smurf Snot Zoas..

Kraylen

Needreefunds

Exactly. He posted a picture of what he has.

Like them? buy some.

No? move on.

Mitch, YGPM on the flamin' Monkey butts. ;)

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FiReBReTHa
Exactly. He posted a picture of what he has.

Like them? buy some.

No? move on.

I disagree.

If you try to sell something as something else to attain a price that is scamming someone. Plain and simple.

amazing how you guys endorse this behavior.

I wont stand by and let another member get scammed because you were all to lazy to stand up for whats right.

If he didn't put a name on them then there would be no issue, but he decided to take the name of another product and claim thats what they were to try to push his own product's price.

FiReBReTHa
NO!!

It seems like only YOU are calling them something they are not.

YOU are posting Purple Hornet pictures, not him.

I am not endorsing anything. He posted pics of what he has for sale. Call them whatever you want.

This happens all the time. Again, he posted pictures of what he has. Where is the scam here?

He posted photos and bad information! a customer that does not know as much can get taken advantage of.

I posted a photo of the alternating fingers on the skirt to show what it takes to classify it as a Hornet!

a known respected vendor stepped in and verified what I posted.

This sale is as reliable as those guys that sell "JBLs" out of the back of their van! they look just like "JBLs" too.

The fact is that a buyer that does not know as much as others do then they ARE getting scammed.

"Hey bill! look at this I bought blue hornets!"

"no you didn't, those are not blue hornets"

"I got scammed."

Needreefunds
He posted photos and bad information! a customer that does not know as much can get taken advantage of.

I posted a photo of the alternating fingers on the skirt to show what it takes to classify it as a Hornet!

a known respected vendor stepped in and verified what I posted.

This sale is as reliable as those guys that sell "JBLs" out of the back of their van! they look just like "JBLs" too.

The fact is that a buyer that does not know as much as others do then they ARE getting scammed.

"Hey bill! look at this I bought blue hornets!"

"no you didn't, those are not blue hornets"

"I got scammed."

WHO says its the alternating pattern that classifies a "hornet" ??

Opinion, only opinion. Enough. I'm outta here. I dunno how I got myself sucked into this chit anyway.

Have fun trashing kray's thread.

And Thanks for saving us all from Kraylen's evil undertakings. I am quite sure he was out to screw us all!

:bowdown:

Did he post a price? Did he flat out call them blue hornets? No, he said blue hornets/blue steel/ etc. etc. Zoa names are a fickle thing. He wasn't scamming any one, he was gaugeing interest. If he were charging 25 dollars a polyp because he was SURE they were blue hornets, it might be an issue.

Now, take a break, regroup, and leave it alone.

FiReBReTHa
Did he post a price? Did he flat out call them blue hornets? No, he said blue hornets/blue steel/ etc. etc. Zoa names are a fickle thing. He wasn't scamming any one, he was gaugeing interest. If he were charging 25 dollars a polyp because he was SURE they were blue hornets, it might be an issue.

Now, take a break, regroup, and leave it alone.

Que? (thats spanish for what???!)

Blue Hornets?, Anyone have? I do (pics)

The THREAD name!

I got attacked because some people in this forum believe that a high post count = expertise.

and my low post count meant I could be ganged up on and attempted to be ridiculed.

reefpets.com

Me, since I named them Purple Hornets. The name Hornet came from the ultering colors on the skirt. Just like a Hornet Bee, the back has ultering colors, yellow and black. Well the Purple Hornets have ultering colors, yellow and purple...... Therefore, the statement that you questioned is a true statement.

WHO says its the alternating pattern that classifies a "hornet" ??
I cant believe this guy is making a huge deal about it

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread...0488#post250488

Wow, is it really that big of a deal. Firebretha, get a life. Why do you care so much? Kray posted pictures that look just like many others labeled blue hornets. Anyways, if someone sees one of Kray's pics and likes them and wants to buy them they can. Stop trashing his thread, because he wasn't even posting them for sale.

the issue here really isnt the name imo, its more about charging more because of the name

especially since it doesnt seem like "blue hornets" are that rare and its just catching a ride on the coattails of the whole purple hornet phenom

so people are just trying to make a quick buck

back in the day (only a few years ago) when i sold zoas, we grew things out and sold them, not just chopped them up and sold them

huge difference nowadays

FiReBReTHa
its more about charging more because of the name

especially since it doesnt seem like "blue hornets" are that rare and its just catching a ride on the coattails of the whole purple hornet phenom

so people are just trying to make a quick buck

Fate hit part of it on the head! its manipulation of the name to make a few extra bucks I feel its wrong to take advantage of a customer thinking that he is buying blue hornets when all he is buying is blue dragon eyes which require completly different care to survive.

Wow, is it really that big of a deal. Firebretha, get a life. Why do you care so much? Kray posted pictures that look just like many others labeled blue hornets. Anyways, if someone sees one of Kray's pics and likes them and wants to buy them they can. Stop trashing his thread, because he wasn't even posting them for sale.

his signature.

WHO WANTS BLUE HORNETS? PM ME

So because others have mislabeled them as blue hornets should allow others to try to take advantage of the name and do the same? He can sell his zoa's as what they are. Not what they are not.

It is a big deal, If I was to sell you ebay knock off korean LEDs and pass them off as Cree's would you be upset?

I hope you see my point in comparison chief.

Firebretha you're an idiot, thank you for trying to smear your false diarrhea in the thread.

What you posted are purple hornets, what I posted are deep water african blue hornets.

Unless my vendor is lying to me(which I believe them over some teenager online) then they are blue hornets. If you don't want any, go find another thread to fail at attacking because you obviously are throwing stones at a mech warrior.

i have seen A LOT of these particular zoa's lately

they are good lookers, but not worth spending too much on

FiReBReTHa
Firebretha you're an idiot, thank you for trying to smear your false diarrhea in the thread.

What you posted are purple hornets, what I posted are deep water african blue hornets.

Unless my vendor is lying to me(which I believe them over some teenager online) then they are blue hornets. If you don't want any, go find another thread to fail at attacking because you obviously are throwing stones at a mech warrior.

yes I know I posted purple hornets, it was because I cited source of the article pointing out the details of the purple hornets and how they have alternating skirt finger colors that qualifys it as a hornet.

Yes, you have deep water african zoas. You do not have blue hornets.

You have Gary posting in your thread telling you, "you do not have blue hornets" and you disregard his posting and then you go far enough to call me a teenager as an insult?

Now, who are you going to believe, your vendor, or the guy who first named the hornet line?????????

Your response to the above question I await... it should be good for a laugh.

Im not asking 50 a polyp for them, but screw it.. since Im out to "scam" people and what not maybe i'll just keep them all for myself... along with all my ORA limited ish and all the other FAKE STUFF the awesome vendors hook it up with.

Sue me. lmfao

yes I know I posted purple hornets, it was because I cited source of the article pointing out the details of the purple hornets and how they have alternating skirt finger colors that qualifys it as a hornet.

Yes, you have deep water african zoas. You do not have blue hornets.

You have Gary posting in your thread telling you, "you do not have blue hornets" and you disregard his posting and then you go far enough to call me a teenager as an insult?

Now, who are you going to believe, your vendor, or the guy who first named the hornet line?????????

Your response to the above question I await... it should be good for a laugh.

I dont care who named the zoa, the zoa name is in rotation now and everyone is using it. People who came into my store and purchased the SAME BLUE HORNETS I am selling here had no problem with them, nothing "fake" about my zoas.

If you read your own posts you step in your own toes and taste your own laces in every other post. Continue to act like a little kid, it suits you well.

You want some blue zoas? cool.. it not go cry to all your reef2reef friends about my "fake corals"

The point is, if someone wants them.. they will buy them, you dont even know how much I'm selling them for.

Assume I sell 20 heads of these for 40 bucks, kinda destroys EVERYTHING you've been bleeding out of your heart into this thread.

Like I said before You < People who get my money.

FiReBReTHa
Sue me. lmfao

I dont care who named the zoa, the zoa name is in rotation now and everyone is using it. People who came into my store and purchased the SAME BLUE HORNETS I am selling here had no problem with them, nothing "fake" about my zoas.

If you read your own posts you step in your own toes and taste your own laces in every other post. Continue to act like a little kid, it suits you well.

You want some blue zoas? cool.. it not go cry to all your reef2reef friends about my "fake corals"

The point is, if someone wants them.. they will buy them, you dont even know how much I'm selling them for.

Assume I sell 20 heads of these for 40 bucks, kinda destroys EVERYTHING you've been bleeding out of your heart into this thread.

Like I said before You < People who get my money.

you < tool.

You act as a juvenile with no capacity to care about admitting when he is wrong. Why because you are uber cool online and can never be wrong!

throwing up, "bla bla i dont care, wah wah. I dont care who came up with the name,"

If you dont care about the name, then why not remove it from your listing and call then what they are.

I dont go crying to anyone, I like to point out scammers. Good for you that your store does the same to its customers.

firebretha, this is not a selling thread. it is not even in classifieds. kraylen posted a thread about this particular zoanthid morph because he had some and wanted to see who else did. a scam involves a transaction, and as far as I can tell there was none of either.

if you don't think he used the correct name fine, say so in a civil manner - but lay off with the scam talk. everyone needs to lighten up, it's just a dumb coral with a dumb, arbitrary, unofficial name. geez.

Archived