ReefCleaners.org

LED Group Buy

evilc66

Sure thing.

For anyone curious why we are at the $5.25 price break, we have a standing order of 692 LEDs. This includes individual orders and the parts I am ordering.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, going for the gusto to build a large fixture for my new 65 gallon tank (plus a couple extras for some pico builds) :D

I'll take the following please:

44 x Royal Blue LED

43 x Cool White LED

6 x Meanwell drivers

78 x 40 degree optics

30 x 60 degree optics

Thanks for doing this Evil. I'm spending alot but saving alot too!

thelovablebum

You can put me down for...

Cree XR-E LEDs

38CW

38RB

Meanwell Driver

Cree Lenses

13x80 degree

13x60 degree

5x40 degree

5x15 degree

5x8 degree

My plans are for a 12g Nano-Cube, 24g Nano-Cube, a standard 10g, and some extra I can play around with.

Looks like a good B-day present for myself. B)

Anyone else think that with so many people getting into LEDs there should be a new sub forum created just for DIY LED systems. ;)

evil, put me down for 1 double sunpod LED

Done.

Okay, going for the gusto to build a large fixture for my new 65 gallon tank (plus a couple extras for some pico builds) :D

I'll take the following please:

44 x Royal Blue LED

43 x Cool White LED

6 x Meanwell drivers

78 x 40 degree optics

30 x 60 degree optics

Thanks for doing this Evil. I'm spending alot but saving alot too!

Done

You can put me down for...

Cree XR-E LEDs

38CW

38RB

Meanwell Driver

Cree Lenses

13x80 degree

13x60 degree

5x40 degree

5x15 degree

5x8 degree

My plans are for a 12g Nano-Cube, 24g Nano-Cube, a standard 10g, and some extra I can play around with.

Looks like a good B-day present for myself. B)

Anyone else think that with so many people getting into LEDs there should be a new sub forum created just for DIY LED systems. ;)

Sorry, no 15 degree lenses. Got you down for everything else though.

ls7corvete

I agree. I have no interest in getting in on the group buy but im still excited to read this thread just because I will get to see all the great LED setups people will be building and posting about.

thelovablebum

oops, meant 25 degree lenses

I'd like to try out all the lenses ;)

Edit, the added shipping is not a problem

Thanks

Put me down for a annodized black, Dual unit sunpod led actinics.

Got it.

oops, meant 25 degree lenses

I'd like to try out all the lenses ;)

Edit, the added shipping is not a problem

Thanks

Ok. I will update your order.

Haha man at these numbers you need to bust the vendors a little for the best deals hahaha. What a turn out! I feel like half the man compared to these monster orders haha

We have almost 900 LEDs on order omgomgomg

Think they will budge anymore at that rate from the last conversation you had?

Think they will budge anymore at that rate from the last conversation you had?

Maybe. It's worth a call in the morning.

Please put me down for:

56 CW LED's

56 RB LED's

30 lenses at 60 degrees

72 lenses at 40 degrees

Thanks!

Done

bmac16, sorry to hear that.

Wow, I thought my build was gonna be one of the bigger ones from this group buy. A couple of these orders blew me outta the water.

I just got my 29g switched over to a 30g breeder tank tonight, so I need to do some thinking on my led setup. May have to increase my order.

Hey evil, any thoughts on using 5-6 rb leds on a buckpuck with potentiometer turned way down for moonlighting? I really like moonlighting and thought this might be a possibility.

wfournier

Wow, I'm guessing we're pushing 1000 LED's and 50 drivers... Those seem like numbers that might get us into a lower price bracket :D

shoggoth43

Evil,

I probably missed it somewhere but are these MeanWells "officially" PWM or Analog? Or will they really just work fine on either?

-

S

Wow, I'm guessing we're pushing 1000 LED's and 50 drivers... Those seem like numbers that might get us into a lower price bracket :D

Personally, I wouldn't get my hopes up until payments are received. But don't worry, I'm not trying to poop on your parade. I'm doing my part to help

Hey Evil,

Can I get in for:

13 whites

13 blues

2 meanwells

Thanks.

Chris

Sure thing.

Wow, I thought my build was gonna be one of the bigger ones from this group buy. A couple of these orders blew me outta the water.

I just got my 29g switched over to a 30g breeder tank tonight, so I need to do some thinking on my led setup. May have to increase my order.

Hey evil, any thoughts on using 5-6 rb leds on a buckpuck with potentiometer turned way down for moonlighting? I really like moonlighting and thought this might be a possibility.

Might be a little too much, even turned down. I would stick with 5/8/10mm LEDs for moonlighting purposes.

Just a reminder evil to bump me up to 12cw as well. Thanks

Updated

I'm trying, but today will be the last day to get an answer.

Evil,

I probably missed it somewhere but are these MeanWells "officially" PWM or Analog? Or will they really just work fine on either?

-

S

I will have a circuit for you one way or another. Analog seems to be working, but I'm still working on the pwm circuit.

deepdvnarq

please update my order from 2 meanwells to 4. thanks!

any idea that we can get a better price on the meanwells?

Archived