SaltCritters.com

LED Group Buy

evilc66

I think I'd rather have them sooner than later personally.

On a side note, programming for my heatsink is currently under way and I hope to have it machined by the end of the week. Can't wait to start seeing aluminum chips fly.

Can't wait to see it. You will have to hit me up when it's done so I can come see it.

Would that delay our whole order or would you send out the LEDs and optics when they are available and the drivers later? I don't mind waiting on the drivers if the LEDs come sooner. Or I'll pay a bit more if the majority decide they want them faster.

I'm trying not to have that happen. I'm hoping to see LEDs next week, but I will probably ship them beforehand if the drivers are going to take a long time. I will address this on an individual basis depending on what you guys want.

I would be willing to pay an extra 3.50 for the expedited driver, but it does seem ridiculous that the company would demand that.

It does suck, but they have me (and you) over a barrel on this one. Like I mentioned before, I never expected this kind of volume, so I never thought about this. I was only expecting a few dozen and they would come out of California.

I sent my payment a couple days ago. Any info on a ETA for the LED's or did I miss that?

I only ordered them this afternoon. I have been told that LEDs should start arriving in 7-10 days, and some optics would take a little longer, as they don't have all the stock required to fullfil our order. I will try to fill orders in a fair manner, and get them shipped as quickly as possible. You must understand that this volume of parts caught me and the distributors by surprise.

In for the expedited drivers. :)

Cool.

What I will do tonight and into tomorrow is send out a message to all that have ordered Meanwell drivers with an option for paying the $3.50 air freight fee per unit, or dropping the drivers from your order. Please do not send any kind of payment for this until I contact you.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't wait to see it. You will have to hit me up when it's done so I can come see it.

I'll show you mine, if you show me yours. :lol:, couldn't resist. By the way, how many leds are you gonna run over your 40b? I'm doing 52 over the 30b, with the option to use it over a taller tank if I ever upgrade, all I would need to do is add lenses.

What I will do tonight and into tomorrow is send out a message to all that have ordered Meanwell drivers with an option for paying the $3.50 air freight fee per unit, or dropping the drivers from your order. Please do not send any kind of payment for this until I contact you.

Cool, will you send out an updated bill and I will paypal you da cash later.

I'd be happy to get together and show you some of the stuff I have been working on.

All notifications have been sent out about the air freight issue. I didn't see this one coming, so I appologize for this.

Roxyplace

This is awesome, the #s are staggering, (meanwell) " I am sorry sir ! You are purchasing too much" LOL :lol:

I will pay the $3.50 more each.

But for your info : Paypal refunds you your fee, if you use the refund payment button. Will not cost you a cent!

So you can refund 100% and not lose any money.

Yup, paypal refund function refunds fees, too.

I just sent payment (including 4x $3.5 for the faster shipping on the drivers)

Just want to make sure that you got my payment for the single LED sunpod add-on.

I did. Thanks.

I haven't been able to respond to everyone that has sent payment. Honestly, my PM mailbox can't take it :lol: It's been full all week, and I archive everything older than 7 days. It's been a challenge to manage that.

This is awesome, the #s are staggering, (meanwell) " I am sorry sir ! You are purchasing too much" LOL :lol:

I will pay the $3.50 more each.

But for your info : Paypal refunds you your fee, if you use the refund payment button. Will not cost you a cent!

So you can refund 100% and not lose any money.

Good to know. Based on the response so far, and the relatively low additional fees that will be added, I don't think anyone is going to cancel. Thanks for sending payment.

Yup, paypal refund function refunds fees, too.

I just sent payment (including 4x $3.5 for the faster shipping on the drivers)

Thanks

Payment sent for expiated shipping.

Thanks.

They have drivers, but not these drivers. They are not affected by this issue. Only those that are purchasing the Meanwell drivers seperately are affected.

since i will have Actinics what light will be good for a sunpod 70 thanks again

Anything 14K. Most 20Ks will be too blue for it to be worthwhile.

Question

Although this was unforseen i could swallow $35 extra without too much heartache. However, I have had this happen in the past on another purchase involving manufactured goods from Asia. I paid extra on that order to cut wait time to 1 month. 1 month became 2 became 4 became 6.

My question is, can your source reliably say that the expedited 2-3 week lead time is an absolute worst case scenario? or is there a good possiblility that it could turn to 4 weeks, 5 weeks etc.

Thanks everyone for being so understanding on this. Everyone seems to be accepting this and I will give the order to expedite in the morning.

You must understand that this volume of parts caught me and the distributors by surprise.-No rush but that seems like a good problem :P:lol::o:D

My question is, can your source reliably say that the expedited 2-3 week lead time is an absolute worst case scenario? or is there a good possibility that it could turn to 4 weeks, 5 weeks etc.

I'm in for expedited shipping, but wondered about this question too.

Archived