ReefCleaners.org

LED Group Buy

evilc66

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
somechineseguy
Done.

No need for optics for that deep of a tank. The 50/50 mix will get you a 14K look, but you can adjust that with the drivers. If you want a 20K look at full tilt, go with 4 white and 8 blue. It's harder to blend though. Let me know what you want to do.

You and me both man.

put me down for

2 drivers

6 white leds

6 royal blue leds

i guess ill try to fiddle with the drivers then =]

thanks evil

So does ordering that many leds allow me the option to use the cool led club sig, or is that only after leds get strung up?

Ok people, thats it. I'm taking no more new orders.

Thank you to everyone that has ordered. You have made this beyond anything that I could have expected. I will post new updates to the order here, but I will no longer take orders. I will try and take care of orders as quickly as possible. If for whatever reason you need to back out, you better do it now. I won't be too happy if I have to sit on a few hundred dollars of merchandise ;)

So does ordering that many leds allow me the option to use the cool led club sig, or is that only after leds get strung up?

We'll see ;)

somechineseguy

crud, sorry, but can you add 1 more of each led in case i mess something up? it would be atotal of 7 white 7 blue. sorry! if you cant or wont, that's fine, hehe.

deepdvnarq

psssst everyone! i just heard that ETG tech put up an alter honoring evilc66. it is in the room before the time clock. everyone must bow down 66 times before punching in. lol just joking, but i bet they are pretty happy with the results. i can't wait to finish this project and see everybody else's too. this is where the LED revolution started all thanks to Evilc66. (now i'm really broke too!)

fsu1dolfan

Hey Evil,

Is any way i could get a PM or response here....confirming that my payment got to you? I just want to make sure my paypal thing worked. Thanks -Jason

I posted yesterday evening to be included in the group buy. I don't see my name on the list and didn't receive a pm for the amount to paypal you. What happened? Did you get me on the purchase?

Hey Evil,

Is any way i could get a PM or response here....confirming that my payment got to you? I just want to make sure my paypal thing worked. Thanks -Jason

Got your payment. Thanks.

I posted yesterday evening to be included in the group buy. I don't see my name on the list and didn't receive a pm for the amount to paypal you. What happened? Did you get me on the purchase?

Sorry for missing that. You did get in on time, and you will be added to the order.

Well, we have hit a little snag with the drivers. Because of the volume we are ordering, they will not come from California like originally planned, and will come from Asia direct from the factory. The problem here is the standard lead time is 10-12 weeks. We have an option to expedite the shipment down to 2-3 weeks, but there is an air freight charge of $3.50 per unit. For some thats not a lot, but it can add up on some orders.

I would like some insight on what you would want to do.

Well, we have hit a little snag with the drivers. Because of the volume we are ordering, they will not come from California like originally planned, and will come from Asia direct from the factory. The problem here is the standard lead time is 10-12 weeks. We have an option to expedite the shipment down to 2-3 weeks, but there is an air freight charge of $3.50 per unit. For some thats not a lot, but it can add up on some orders.

Just a thought, but could you order whatever the magic number is from California, and then get the rest from the factory? That would give you a few weeks to work on some orders...

For me personally, it doesn't make a difference. I'd rather pay the extra and get my light ASAP, but some people ordered a whole lot of drivers. :)

trakmasterrs

evil, does this affect all products or only for those ordering the drivers? i just got the 1D Sunpod Actinics, and just wondering.

This only applies to people ordering the Meanwell drivers and not the other products. My distributor is trying as hard as possible to get the shipping time reduced, but there is only so much they can do. The 10-12 weeks is the worst case, and I was really hoping to avoid that. To get the drivers shipped from California, it would have to be about 20-30 units. While thats nice for some, it's unfair to others to have to wait another 8 weeks.

I never thought I would be ordering 141 drivers, so it's creating some hickups. If people want to back out on the drivers, thats fine. I have a little time to change things. Refunds will be given minus my Paypal fee if thats the case.

I can't afford to wait 3 months to get the drivers. I'd pay the $3.50 to get them quickly, even though I ordered 5 of them. I am a little surprised that they are asking you to pay to expedite the order given the size of the order you are placing. If there was going to be an issue, the distributor should have mentioned that from the start. It's not like this isn't something they carry all the time. Any chance they'd split the difference to expedite this given the volume of the order?

Do they have to expedite all of them? If not, I would think it would be fair to split the cost to expedite the difference with everyone that ordered them. Say for example, they have 20 in stock and we need to expedite another 20, then 40 people would split the $70 it would cost to expedite them. (20x$3.50)

Just a thought.

--Ed

I think I'd rather have them sooner than later personally.

On a side note, programming for my heatsink is currently under way and I hope to have it machined by the end of the week. Can't wait to start seeing aluminum chips fly.

Would that delay our whole order or would you send out the LEDs and optics when they are available and the drivers later? I don't mind waiting on the drivers if the LEDs come sooner. Or I'll pay a bit more if the majority decide they want them faster.

seacowboy

I would be willing to pay an extra 3.50 for the expedited driver, but it does seem ridiculous that the company would demand that.

Archived