Cultivated Reef

LED Group Buy

evilc66

Evil,

After reading more and more of Waterproofs and other related LED threads and listening to your original suggestions. With me owning a 12gal AP, and a 3" Sand bed there will be no need for lenses, just like you said. :)

Please remove my order for 6 x 80degree lenses. Keep the LED's ordered though.

Thanks,

Trekbear

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW Thanks for this great idea.

Please put me down for 24 60 degree and 36 40 degree lenses.

Do I need bases for these?

These are going on a standard 90 gal tank with a rock wall tapered from front to back. The current spacing is 5 rows of 6 LED's spaced at just under 2" center to center. These are diagonally staggered Blue and White. If you think I need something different please PM me or post where you think is proper.

Thanks a TON!!!

Kevin Miller

sheesh I havn't checked this since I first put my order! This is quite a beast you started!!

You're not kidding :blink:

WOW Thanks for this great idea.

Please put me down for 24 60 degree and 36 40 degree lenses.

Do I need bases for these?

These are going on a standard 90 gal tank with a rock wall tapered from front to back. The current spacing is 5 rows of 6 LED's spaced at just under 2" center to center. These are diagonally staggered Blue and White. If you think I need something different please PM me or post where you think is proper.

Thanks a TON!!!

Kevin Miller

No bases needed. These are a friction fit around the ring on the Cree LEDs. I've got you down for those lenses.

I'm going to PM you on your setup. Kinda curious how you have things laid out.

Sorry I can't make up my Fing mind but I think figured it out. As long as the drivers make it as easy as I think it is going to be. PM me as soon as you have final pricing info and we'll settle up.

Meanwell ELN-60-48P Driver

= 2 x 29.75 = $59.50

Cree XR-E LEDs 5.64 MAYBE less

12xRoyal Blue

6xCool White

= 18 x 5.64 = $101.52

Lenses

4x80degree

4x60degree

4x40degree

4x15degree

= 16 x 1.00 = $16.00

Grand Total 177.02+S&H

Hi Evil,

Hook me up for 8 CW and 8 RB. Also add a set of 60 degree optics to go with it.

Cheers,

Dubbly

Got it.

hi evil put me down for

(12) CW

(12) RB

(2) Meanwell Driver

(12) 60 deg optics

(12) 80 deg optics

thanks

Got it.

Sorry I can't make up my Fing mind but I think figured it out. As long as the drivers make it as easy as I think it is going to be. PM me as soon as you have final pricing info and we'll settle up.

Meanwell ELN-60-48P Driver

= 2 x 29.75 = $59.50

Cree XR-E LEDs 5.64 MAYBE less

12xRoyal Blue

6xCool White

= 18 x 5.64 = $101.52

Lenses

4x80degree

4x60degree

4x40degree

4x15degree

= 16 x 1.00 = $16.00

Grand Total 177.02+S&H

Got it. Only thing is, the 15 degree optics will not be available. Sorry.

phewww....almost forgot about this.

Put me down for a dual sunpod actinic. Thanks!

Got it.

Evil, what would you recommend to replace the factory lighting/hood on an Aqua Medic Nano Wave 9G? Would the 12" LED fixture be sufficient?

Evil...Thanks again for all your help. Per your recommendation I will go with the following setup:

For the Aqua Medic Nano Wave 9G: "12 LEDs (50/50 cool white and royal blue) and two of the drivers will get you set up pretty nicely. There is no need for optics on a tank that shallow."

For the Biocube 29G: "12CW, 12RB, 24 60 degree lenses and 2 drivers will work out nicely."

In total: 36 LED's (18 CW, 18 RB), 24 of the 60 degree lenses and 4of the Drivers.

For anyone keeping track of this, you guys are making this a screaming success for me and for yourselves. You have managed to get the LEDs and the drivers into the lowest price bracket, which save you all money. So far I have taken 61 ( :o ) individual orders for 681 parts, including 345 LEDs (not including the stuff I'm ordering), 28 drivers, and 267 lenses.

If you guys can pull off all the setups you are planning, this will make NR the foremost place for DIY reef LED lighting. We are already leading the way. Lets make sure that we keep it that way ;)

One last thing....

...thanks everyone :)

So with 350+ LEDs, can you get a better deal on the LEDs? :) Maybe get the CW LED prices to what they are on dx? ($5.18 for 10+)

Awesome stuff evil, I find myself checking out the sale numbers on the frontpage, see when it hits a price break and such :)

I agree that this forum is *the* place for aquarium lighting with LEDs. Not just reef, also freshwater, which is what I'm doing. You can't find this much information on the subject anywhere else. I'm tempted to start a 8g reef with LEDs too :)

Yeah - this is amazing! A back-of-the-envelope calculation shows the orders so far ringing up at over $8000! This is an awesome opportunity to get in the LED game.

Good news everyone!

farnsworth.jpg

ETG is giving us another price break! If we can keep the LED quantity above 500, we can get $5.25 each. We are at 529 right now, barring additional orders and cancelations.

Hey evilc66,

Someone over at Reef Central told me about this powerbuy and I want in.

I need to drive both CW & RB LEDs and I am not familiar with Meanwell drivers. I was looking at buckpucks because of Soundwave's experience, but it sounds like the Meanwell driver can work. (and at a GREAT price)

How many LEDs can this driver power?

Initially I was going to purchase 24RB & 12CW since the buckpucks drive 6 LEDs of each type, but I wasn't sure if I needed to change that with the Meanwell driver.

Once I know what it can drive I'll give you the totals on what I want. (sorry, I am a programmer, not a hardware guy so I don't know how to read the specs sheet)

Thanks for putting this power buy together.

--Ed

The ELN-60-48 can drive up to 13 LEDs in series at 1A, and up to 26 LEDs (2 rows of 14 in parallel) at 650mA.

dhernandez123
Done

Done

Is it an AGA/Aqueon 20L, or something different?

its something different its something like the shape of a bio or nano cube.

but it has no top.. it is an open tank

I would like Sunpod LED Actinics single!

Thanks,

Hollywood2009

Gotcha. Thanks

its something different its something like the shape of a bio or nano cube.

but it has no top.. it is an open tank

Probably a double, but I would need tank dimensions to know for sure.

hi evil. can you please put me down for

(12) Cool White

(12) Royal Blue

(2) Meanwell Drivers

Thanks a lot.

d.

Done.

Archived