Cultivated Reef

LED Group Buy

evilc66

vincienzo45

Put me down for (1D) Dual LED Sunpod actinics please. Black anodized and a single power supply would be perfect.

Thanks!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vincienzo45

Me too. I think it would work pretty nicely because the RBs on your fixture look pretty intense. The stock 460nm actinics on the NEP can look pretty weak at times. The shimmer effect is also a very nice bonus. I always wanted the shimmer, but not the heat of a MH.

I'll be sure to let u know how it looks once I get the LEDs mounted on there..

Done. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will work with the 20" NEP.
davidncbrown

How 'bout one of them there 12" full fixtures for me? It would go great on the custom tank I made for my girlfriend. :)

put me down for 5 rb and 6 cw

You know, I thought I asked for questions like this to be kept out of this thread. I'll let it slide this time, but NO MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT CONFIGURATIONS PLEASE. There are other threads where I will answer these questions, and you can also PM me. This thread is for orders only.

What you have listed will work fine for an AP12. You could even go 6 and 6 if you wanted. Waterproofs writeup on his BC14 build is a great guide to follow, and results are very respectable. You don't have to worry about bleaching corals with an LED setup, as you can dial the intensity down if required through the drivers.

As far as your times, that will work, but you can honestly set it up any way you like. Only thing i warn against is photoperiods longer than 12 hours.

sorry about this. yeah im trying to copy his build. i will shoot you a pm later

How 'bout one of them there 12" full fixtures for me? It would go great on the custom tank I made for my girlfriend. :)

Thanks man ;)

put me down for 5 rb and 6 cw

sorry about this. yeah im trying to copy his build. i will shoot you a pm later

Got you down.

Just wonder (its a order question so ha!) do the leds you need for the custom units count towards the total of leds.... custom orders + those order just leds, can that bring the count up or are the led price guidelines based on just led orders themselves? Make sense? Ether way, I am so happy how this turned out.

Just wonder (its a order question so ha!) do the leds you need for the custom units count towards the total of leds.... custom orders + those order just leds, can that bring the count up or are the led price guidelines based on just led orders themselves? Make sense? Ether way, I am so happy how this turned out.

As it stands right now, for all the LEDs that are being ordered, we are at the lowest quoted price of $5.64 each. We are over 300 LEDs at this point with te individual orders, and the parts I am making.

Sign me up for the 12k pico light. Thanks

Gotcha.

As it stands right now, for all the LEDs that are being ordered, we are at the lowest quoted price of $5.64 each. We are over 300 LEDs at this point with te individual orders, and the parts I am making.

So are we gonna negotiate with etg for cheaper prices? And what would that price point be?

You know, I thought I asked for questions like this to be kept out of this thread. I'll let it slide this time, but NO MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT CONFIGURATIONS PLEASE. There are other threads where I will answer these questions, and you can also PM me. This thread is for orders only.

^^From page 5^^

He's trying to keep this more organized so he doesn't miss any orders.

Wow evilc66! Talk about a lot of great info. Thanks for putting it together for us.

If I am reading correctly the drivers are getting into the 33$ range. At that price I would like 1.

Can I power a fan off of the driver?

Also I would like 6-Cool White and 6-Royal Blues of the Cree leds.

One of the fixtures I am going to make is for a clam bed and will be for one clam only on the dim part of my tank at the bottom 16inches down. I am going to use 2 of each color to make this fixture. What lens would you recommend for that depth for one clam? I would like it to be too bright and then I could turn it down if that is possible. What ever lens you would recommend I would like 4 of them.

Haha, little did you know what you were getting into. Thanks so much for this again.

No kidding. I'm going to be busy for a while.

You're welcome though. Anything to get the sour taste of the Orbitec/PFO patent suit out of the mouths of the hobbiests. We don't need things like this from preventing us from getting the latest technology.

So are we gonna negotiate with etg for cheaper prices? And what would that price point be?

I'll see what I can do today.

Wow evilc66! Talk about a lot of great info. Thanks for putting it together for us.

If I am reading correctly the drivers are getting into the 33$ range. At that price I would like 1.

Can I power a fan off of the driver?

Also I would like 6-Cool White and 6-Royal Blues of the Cree leds.

One of the fixtures I am going to make is for a clam bed and will be for one clam only on the dim part of my tank at the bottom 16inches down. I am going to use 2 of each color to make this fixture. What lens would you recommend for that depth for one clam? I would like it to be too bright and then I could turn it down if that is possible. What ever lens you would recommend I would like 4 of them.

Got you down for a driver and the LEDs.

If you are only going to be lighting a clam, you could use very tight optics for the small area. Chances are you don't need that kind of light levels though. 60 degree optics will get you 150W MH like performance. It will depend on how tight you want to keep the area that is lit. If you put the LEDs 18" from the sand, 60 degree optics will give you about a 16" area of illumination (80% intensity level), and 10" with 40 degrees.

Ahh, my bad.. Sorry about that haven't been on in a few days

Hey Evilc66,

I think this is where you want me to reply.

I will take the following:

12 LEDS (6CW, 6RB)

2 BUCKPUCKS.

Thanks!

"Z"

I can do the LEDs, but not the Buckpucks. I'm not offering those for sale here. You can get those from LED Supply or Luxeon Star.

Says on the first page near the bottom of all of the info. Payment is through paypal and he'll PM you your total when the group buy closes. Some of the items will change price as the quantity ordered changes.

Bill

pls put me down for "1 dual unit for the sunpod fixture in black anodized"

thank you.

Excellent. These turned out to be a good idea :)

Says on the first page near the bottom of all of the info. Payment is through paypal and he'll PM you your total when the group buy closes. Some of the items will change price as the quantity ordered changes.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I may start sending out totals to everyone here in the next day or two. I don't think I can get any better price out of ETG (they haven't replied to me yet), but providing that no-one is changing their order on fixtures and lamps, the quicker I can get parts ordered, the quicker I can get them out to you.

Put me down for one Sunpod LED Actinic.

I no longer want the Pico LED Lamp

Me too. I think it would work pretty nicely because the RBs on your fixture look pretty intense. The stock 460nm actinics on the NEP can look pretty weak at times. The shimmer effect is also a very nice bonus. I always wanted the shimmer, but not the heat of a MH.

I'll be sure to let u know how it looks once I get the LEDs mounted on there..

I plan on using this attached to my 18" nova t5 fixture. It has the same mounting track.

Archived