Cultivated Reef

RAOK! ***FREE STUFF!***

eddiecorrea

RAOK thoughts  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the RAOK idea?

• I love it!
    • It's okay.
    • I think it is lame.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
eddiecorrea
From my understanding, the initial claim is made in here and then details are taken care of through PMs.

Correct.

Claim here and then take it to a PM. When the item is officially gone go back in the thread and edit your original post and say it is gone. That way we can still see what was offered up and what has been taken. PLEASE keep conversation in the thread to a minimum though. And don't make requests in the thread. If it is here then claim it. If not don't ask for it.

Oh and since I am leaving very soon if you have questions ask me or Atlantis Reef in a pm. He knows alot about this too it seems and I respect his judgement. Don't pm me after the 23rd as I will be gone for months.

eddiecorrea

I don't know if anyone has been but if you have a successful transaction with someone post feedback in the feedback forum. That way you can help build each others rep. Thanks.

MichiganReefer

I would like to claim the Azoo palm filter from lacassierre. Last claim fell through.

thanks!

12 gall aquapod I will take

i haven't heard back from him bu tI m waiting hehe

I have more to post if I get pod but still no reply heeh

Umm...are you trying to underhandedly get the 12 aquapod via pm that I claimed first?

Allen

sorry allen but read the rules you did not put anything of equal value up for claim... so therefore it goes to the next in line...

Read the rules before posting

quote name='Allen77' date='May 6 2009, 08:31 PM' post='2242042']

Umm...are you trying to underhandedly get the 12 aquapod via pm that I claimed first?

Allen

The Nomad
sorry allen but read the rules you did not put anything of equal value up for claim... so therefore it goes to the next in line...

quote name='Allen77' date='May 6 2009, 08:31 PM' post='2242042']

Allen

In that case, no one has a qualifying claim. In the spirit of the thread, others have claimed and not immediately posted item up for the taking until later.

edit- I don't read anything about equal value either.

eddiecorrea

ssericz is right. He has not posted anything up for anyone to claim to my knowledge. Once he posts something up for someone to claim he can claim the tank but until then he can't. He needs to put something up that is somewhat decent though. Not flake food. That wouldn't be cool.

The Nomad
ssericz is right. He has not posted anything up for anyone to claim to my knowledge. Once he posts something up for someone to claim he can claim the tank but until then he can't. He needs to put something up that is somewhat decent though. Not flake food. That wouldn't be cool.

Again I say that in that case, no one has a qualifying claim and I don't read anything about equal value either.

Are there more rules besides the ones on the first page?

I offer examples-

viinse Ocean pulse I need . I will post my huge list tomorrow evening

I know I have ballast, skimmer, bulbsan dmore just need to take time to do the list this weekend

Penn Plex Silent Air B11 Air Pump. The Automatic back-up system that can keep fish alive. Bubble come on when power goes off. 5.00 shipped

16 hours later, same user.

lol.. it was a later post that was mentioned that you are to post up something of equal value to what you are claiming... no one wants to see someone claim a fishtank then post up a 25c item... keep it real... if you claim a 100 dollar item post up a 100dollar item... lots of posts got lost during the clean up of this thread...

Atlantis Reef

OCEAN PULSE Wavemaker not doing what I wanted to use it for but works great. and a hd tds handheld meter And I never claim with out posting stuff up duh I post multiply things at a time usually

The Nomad
lol.. it was a later post that was mentioned that you are to post up something of equal value to what you are claiming... no one wants to see someone claim a fishtank then post up a 25c item... keep it real... if you claim a 100 dollar item post up a 100dollar item... lots of posts got lost during the clean up of this thread...

Thanks for clearing that up. You should consider editing your first post with any update to the rules :)

OCEAN PULSE Wavemaker not doing what I wanted to use it for but works great. and a hd tds handheld meter And I never claim with out posting stuff up duh I post multiply things at a time usually

I was not blaming you, just citing an example of lax enforcement (I did not use your name when I quoted).

if your putting up your wavemaker, would like to claim.

I have various Ps3 games that idont play, and one controller. PM for details. after claiming. not giving it ALL will give one game, or one controller, your pick.

I'm sorry but I have read the initial post that include THE RULES and there is nothing that states that you must post something of EQUAL VALUE. Please modify the initial rules to state this!

The title is RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS NOT "LETS TRADE!!!" There is another forum for TRADING!!!

If you can show me that rule I will humbly yield! If this is the case. I would also recommend that when someone claims an item then they need to list the item that they have posted that is of equal value.

I have posted an item. It is not a value of equal value. It is a hydrometer. I agree that I should not just claim something of a greater value and stop offering items. My plan was to continue to provide items without claiming. My goal was not to take advantage of the ROAK!

PS

Kraylen has not responded to my PMs anyway so no big deal.

Psychosis

So, I figured I'd be the first to offer up a free frag. I've got a Toadstool, about 2 inches across the top. I've been meaning to post this for a while.

Please feel free to follow up with you own frags :D

If we're talking about claiming and not putting anything back, danktank shouldn't claim anything as I've seen him try to claim different things and not try to put one thing back into roak.

Games wise i know i have Marvel vs DC universe, and a couple others, cant name off the top of my head, controller is off brand wireless controller, hasnt been used.

Archived