Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

RAOK! ***FREE STUFF!***

eddiecorrea

RAOK thoughts  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the RAOK idea?

• I love it!
    • It's okay.
    • I think it is lame.

eddiecorrea

So heres the deal. We are all a big community here at NR. And everyone knows we all have something fish related laying around we don't use but someone else could. So thats why I am starting this RAOK. What is a RAOK you ask?

A RAOK is a Random Act of Kindness. The idea is you post what you do not use or want anymore(It has to be in good working condition. Nothing that belongs in the trash) and put it up for grabs. Whoever claims the item pays for shipping of the item and MUST post something up for grabs by someone else. The item can be anything that is legal and appropriate. Livestock is allowed.

The rules:

1. Must have ATLEAST 50 posts on nano-reef. Keeps people from signing up just to get free stuff. You can give if you have under 50 posts. Just no claiming.

2. No charging for the item. The person who claims it pays shipping. Thats it.

3. If you claim an item do so in a post on this thread. NO PMs! In that post put the username and the item you are claiming. Then post your item in the same reply. You may PM to get paypal to pay for shipping. But claim it in the thread first.

4. If you claim something you must post something up for grabs. One claim per item you post. Make your item of equal value to something you are claiming please.

5. You may post anything up for grabs. Just as long as it is appropriate and legal. Doesn't have to be fish related.

6. And most importantly have fun. Any questions PM me. Lets keep random chat out of this thread please. It will keep it easier to find items.

So I will start it off with two items.

First up is my Mag-Float mini. For glass. Shipping is $2 ($5 bill used for size comparison only!)

Second is Kent Marine Nano Reef Part A and B supplements. 8oz bottles hardly used. Shipping is $4.50

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BLoCkCliMbeR

sorry kids, i just junked (put in the recycle bin)

-seaclone skimmer

-skilter

-and other stuff that i wont name.....

im down to just what i can use...

a day late and a dolla short....

joel sandoman
sorry kids, i just junked (put in the recycle bin)

-seaclone skimmer

-skilter

-and other stuff that i wont name.....

im down to just what i can use...

a day late and a dolla short....

So unthoughtful of you. Tsk Tsk

Why the poll? What moron is going to not like free stuff. (someone will not)

eddiecorrea

Why the poll? What moron is going to not like free stuff. (someone will not)

lol you would be surprised. But anyways lets keep chat out of the thread please. It will keep it easier to find stuff because this will get rather long I'm sure.

BLoCkCliMbeR

i might have more........i do have about 10 yrs of junk ive been keeping.....

maybe a ac50 or 2......lemmie dig...

i had to leave a nice acrylic sump behind when i moved......

my hommie got the mag drive pump to it....he uses it like a giant PH in a 200 gl tank......he wants to keep saltwater but refuses to spend the mone, lots of child support...i felt bad so i gave it to him....there is my controbution to the ROAK....

eddiecorrea
i dont have 50 post but i have somethings i can post, if so can i claim????

Nope sorry. 50 posts makes sure your committed to the community. Chime in on some threads and you will be at 50 posts in no time.

i like this idea a lot. doesn't have to be christmas to give :)

i am just starting with aquarium stuff but my job allows me to get rid of a lot of computer equipment. if it's welcome i may post an item here or there in this thread to make people smile and give me that warm fuzzy feeling of giving.

sometimes we get old laptops to "retire" like dell d600s. i'm sure someone would love to get one of those at shipping cost :D

would also be fun to give a new orleans "care package". could include some cajun items like mardi gras beads/doubloons, jambalaya mix, post cards, voodoo doll, etc etc.

let me know if any of that is acceptable. i'm afraid i won't have anything aquarium related to give for a long time.

eddiecorrea

Go for it Bosco. You just can't claim until you are at 50 posts.

:welcome: to NR!

Go for it Bosco. You just can't claim until you are at 50 posts.

:welcome: to NR!

i don't plan on claiming anything :) there are others that would need items more than i do. glad i can participate with things not aquarium related. i'll see what i can scrounge up at work tomorrow ;)

Scott Riemer
i don't plan on claiming anything :) there are others that would need items more than i do. glad i can participate with things not aquarium related. i'll see what i can scrounge up at work tomorrow ;)

lol, I'm claiming it now. :D

qwiksilver711

ok straight up, jambalaya rocks! the only Cajun restaurant round here closed. I would straight up pay you for some good mix, I'd eat that stuff every day if i could find someone who made it good

And your posting what up?

Holy crap just noticed you live in Montana! I live up in Whitefish. Nice. lol. Okay now lets keep chat in this thread to a minimum. I want people to be able to follow what has been claimed and what hasnt been claimed without skimming through a million different posts.

Sorry can't resist the unrelated chat but I live in Missoula. Sure wish that the shop in Kalispell wasn't my closest option, nothing in Missoula.

Love Whitefish by the way, was up there a couple of weeks ago. Great breakfast at the Buffalo Cafe.

Nice Idea Eddie.

I have 1 maybe 2 older magnetic VHO ballasts. I don't want to through them away. They will run 2 110 watt VHO bulbs. They are very heavy, so where they are being shipped to will effect the cost. But if anybody wants them and is willing to pay shipping they are yours. They are rusty but work very well.

Kim Gross

I have a Current 10K 250w DE used for 2 months and a XM 10k 250w DE also used for 2 months- NOT claimed

Just dug through the box again and I can put up a Koralia Nano and a Koralia #1, the #1 is missing the outside magnet but I'll keep looking for it.

Edit: Shipping from 37341

Dang, you beat me to the nano while I was taking pictures of what I have to offer..

I will take the k1 if you can find the magnet skydive..

Here is what I can offer:

Mag-Float mini $2 shipped first class

post-41331-1238225765_thumb.jpg

Eheim automatic fish feeder. The food cup is kinda jacked up, but to my knowledge the unit still works. I haven't tried tinkering with the feeding times because I dont have a manual and I am too lazy to find one, but I know the motor still works because I can press the button and its spins the feeding cup... $5 shipped.

post-41331-1238225851_thumb.jpg

/\ I'll take the iPod Touch. I could use another. :D

You can have the Koralia Nano. You probably need it more than I do. Heck it also gives me an excuse to buy a Vortech. lol

Haha, maybe once I break it I'll put it up here and you can claim it... :P

Anyways, you claimed the nano before me so its all you man.. First come first serve... That is very cool of you to offer to give it up though.. I appreciate that.

lol. No take it. No big deal at all. I don't need it a whole lot. Its just on my list of things to pickup in the next month or two. So its all yours. Or someone else will grab it because I'm gonna pass and let someone else get it.

Now if someone puts up a Picotope tank I will take that. I have been thinking about ordering one. But Im hoping one comes up for sale for cheap. I can dream right?

Haha, alright. I will take the nano then before some one else does. Thanks again man.

Hopefully someone will throw up a pico for ya now!

Quick, how about that Mag-Float?

If you want it, its all yours.

Are either of the hydor pumps still availible. If so I would love either one. I have a red sea prizm protein skimmer that works great to offer

Jeff

Archived