Pod Your Reef

DHaut's Hoity Toity

Deleted User 6

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Weet! And did you see my mini? I believe that's in the Weetie bloodline :)

Yep, it can be traced back to me. :happy:

Richie got the Mama Nem from me, and I got mine from dshnarw.

Lani's Nems came from me too.

Yep, it can be traced back to me. :happy:

Richie got the Mama Nem from me, and I got mine from dshnarw.

Lani's Nems came from me too.

Just doing my part to help spread the love Weets :happy:

Yo Haught!!!!

Grats on POTM!!!

B)

Haut ... guess who is getting blamed for spamming MR and was banned until September 6th at 3am?!?! Yours truly :)

That Brooklyn Reefs seems to have shaken up MR pretty badly and it's only up for 48hrs. WTF is wrong with those guys?! I am honored that they think I would cause so much trouble ... but at the same time confused how they would think I would do such a thing ... BTW I overheard a phone convo with someone ... I do know who did it ... eh ... guess MR will never know ... more proof to the downfall of MR ... they are pushing all the older members out. Can we say small c0ck syndrome?

That's ridiculous! That site is worse than North Korea.

Yooooo ... you're telling me ... lol ... So threatened by A BRAND NEW WEBSITE with a total of like 21 members ... Dudeeeeeeee they obviously failed pre-school ... you know the part where you learn to PLAY NICELY!

Greta chowed down on some rod's food tonight! Looks like she's doing just fine! she's about the size of a quarter.

Awesome!

She should have a sister in no time!

:P

Deleted User 6

So lots of people are saying "something else" for the poll - what do you recommend? The shrimp/goby is going in the bottom display (it's bigger), so what should I put in the top SPS display?

Also, updates!

Bottom display:

639634010_sw8Dr-L.jpg

639632274_hWVAf-L.jpg

639632736_bF4v9-L.jpg

639633623_jyPsg-L.jpg

Deleted User 6

I could only get one firefish in the top display if I went that route. The top display is only 12"x13"x14"H, with the rock wall making even less room. Plus, I don't have anywhere for a firefish to hide. I'd prefer multiple fish in that tank vs. a single fish, which is why I was thinking a few eviotas or trimmas or something small like a green banded. Since it will be SPS dominated, I'm wary of small fish that like to eat SPS polyps (YCG, etc.).

I'd just like to hear what people were thinking when they clicked something else - maybe there's something I didn't think of.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion, A! I do love firefish, I'm just worried that they wouldn't be the best fit in that tank.

Sorry, forgot the dimensions of your dt. I googled schooling reef fish, and was surprised when firefish came up, but thought it would be cool. :mellow:

If it were me, I would go to one of the LFS that stock a lot of fish (like Absolutely Fish), and stand in front of the tanks staring, until I saw the colors/behaviors that worked for me. :D

Mostly, I'm driving myself nuts this morning trying to figure out what bulbs I'll get. :huh:

~Anne

Deleted User 6

What bulbs are you looking for? T5s?

And I wish I could just up and go to any fishstore nearby. I'm unfortunately limited to public transportation :(

D

D,

Just got caught up on your thread, tank is looking sharp. Looks like everything is coming together well. :)

As for small schooling fish I am a fan of Chalk Bass.

-Prof

Deleted User 6

Hey thanks Prof! In the end I decided to not add any trim to the tank. The window and the door add plenty to keep it from looking like just a box.

Also, I found a perfect ATO jug to go in the stand. 11g 15" square and 18" high. I was pretty stoked.

I've looked at the chalk bass before. I wonder how many will fit in a 9g tank?

Archived