ReefCleaners.org

DHaut's Hoity Toity

Deleted User 6

NYC does smell like da funk sometimes, for sure.

nah, that is from joisey. :P

and yeah, they're cool toys :)

I love mine. Lost count how many I have. Couple nimble nanos and a couple supers methinks.

How is greta?? :huh:

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

She's doing just fine :)

I have two supers. My only complaint is that they sink when they come undone (which happens often because I'm too careless and I hit rocks). I know it defeats the purpose of it being small if it floats though. So who knows.

She's doing just fine :)

I have two supers. My only complaint is that they sink when they come undone (which happens often because I'm too careless and I hit rocks). I know it defeats the purpose of it being small if it floats though. So who knows.

Yup. That they do. I keep a small cleaning brush near each tank, ya know the ones with the twisted metal core?

Well, just a dunk and the nimble quickly attaches for the ride back out. :P

Great to hear Greta has settled into her new home. Hopefully she will have siblings soon. ;)

Deleted User 6

Someone help with this mystery:

Recent test results:

Sal: 1.025

Alk: 8

Calc: 480

Mg: 1380

pH: 8.3

PO4: 0

Nitrate: 0

Temp: 79-80 pretty steady

Why are my monti caps browning out? The above results have been pretty consistent over the past couple weeks.

I just added 7.5ml alk and i'm adding 30ml Mg over the next few hours to try to get those levels up to 9 and 1400.

I don't get it.

Deleted User 6

Nope. The acros and milli are doing alright - starting to encrust the rocks. That one acro is even growing tissue over where it bleached from before.

I thought monti caps were supposed to be beginner sps, lol.

I thought monti caps were supposed to be beginner sps, lol.

I was going to come up with something clever ... but the air in CT just wiped it right out of me ... at home ... with no tank in CT ... how ... interesting ... ALTHOUGH ... I should give RC March's ToTM winner Reefbum a call and go check out his tank!!! Oh ... that's something to do ... I can actually hear my thoughts it's so damn quiet ... shoot me!

Did you get that pink fuzzy algae in your contest tank?

Sorry buddy, just saw this now. Firefox must be having troubles lately......

any who-

Yes I did get that fuzz. Really just seemed to die off and or be cleared by the CUC. Never got out of hand tho.

Sorry I cannot help with the monti as they are just another so called "easy" coral that simply will not grow for me. Add them to Zoas and Xenia.

D,

Don't know if this helps, but my green monti cap browned when I moved it to the new 40 and the T5HO lighting (it was under PCs). It is just now starting to regain it's green color and start to grow again after ~2 months. I think that if you are not seeing any tissue recession I would just let it be and see what happens. HTH.

BTW, like the new pimpin' avatar. :D

-Prof

Hey R, think they want to hear that description of Jersey I shared with you last week? :P

:lol: Sure, the NY gang would get a kick out of that too. :happy:

im sure i would!

something stinky about that state slightly west of ny.

Okay, so I was a little slow on this one.

Sorry, it's been one of those weeks.

To make up for it, I'm actually gonna give you TWO fun Jersey descriptions.

Both are quotes from Janet Evanovich, who I've been reading non-stop this week.

She's such a trip. :happy:

"Fancy pants wimps in L.A. rated their pollution and curtailed activity. In Jersey we just call it air and get on with life. If you're born in Jersey, you know how to rise to a challenge. Bring on the Mob. Bring on bad air. Bring on taxes and obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and macaroni at every meal. Nothing defeats us in Jersey. "

"At mid-morning the Garden State was heating up. Pavement was steaming under a cloudless sky, petrochemical plants were spewing to the north, and cars were emitting hydrocarbons statewide. By mid-afternoon I'd feel the toxic stew catch in the back of my throat, and I'd know it was truly summer in Jersey. For me, the stew is part of the Jersey experience. The stew has attitude. And it enhances the pull of Point Pleasant. How can you completely appreciate the Jersey shore if the air is safe to breathe in the interior parts of the state?"

Hope you got at least a little smirkle out of that. :)

Deleted User 6

lol...i smirkled.

Prof - thanks. that's the plan right now.

asting - it didn't soak for a week, but the tank went about 4 months before I put anything in it. I was doing water changes and all. when I moved apartments, i pretty much did a 100% water change, so i doubt anything that would have initially leached is still in the tank.

Deleted User 6

3,000!!!!!

And in honor of my awesome post count, a new coral!

BibleSue pavona (yeah, it just got put in the tank so there's no polyp extension yet):

647319636_L48no-L.jpg

Archived