Top Shelf Aquatics

DHaut's Hoity Toity

Deleted User 6

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

tested the waters yesterday and alk was at 7. i'm raising it a bit.

the fish/shrimp (surprise) are not paired anymore, lol. the shrimp decided to hide in the back under a rock. at least the fish is hiding up near the front of the tank.

Good grief this thread gets fat in a hurry. Just got caught up. Tank looks good and the macros are great but you are failing on a epic scale for the lack of pictures lately. ;)

-Prof

• 2 weeks later...
Deleted User 6

UPDATE!

Nothing going on. Found my six-line. It somehow made it to the bottom tank. Hair algae is taking over the top display. Got an emerald, but it's lazy. SPS aren't coloring up. I'm getting a Tunze ATO, so hopefully that will help with stability.

Sorry to hear the issues with the GHA. I've had some patches of brown algae cropping up on my sand lately...maybe we both need to boost the CUC? What all do you have in there snail and crab-wise, other than the Emerald?

Deleted User 6

CUC-wise I've got a few ceriths and dwarf ceriths (maybe 5 of each), 3 or so nerites, and a couple astreas. I'm considering getting some blue legged hermits from John, but since I'd have to buy express shipping, I'm waiting to see if there's anything else I need as well.

Deleted User 6

This one's actually a different one from the fuzzy. First time I've seen it, lol. I used to have 2 or 3 small ones on the rocks that ate corralline (they were all kinds of cool colors), but I've never seen one under the sand on the glass like this. I'm hoping he comes out so I can get a better look!

I hope so too. So this guy was a hitchhiker?

Chitons are so interesting. One of mine got stuck to a snail shell several months back, the kids and I spent a good two hours watching it work its way off the snail and back onto the rock. :o:P

Deleted User 6

I've been reconsidering my clownfish/anemone idea lately. The bottom tank is 18"x18"x16". Is that big enough for a small nem and clownfish? What would be the best pick for a nem? There aren't many corals down there, just lots of macros.

Archived