Pod Your Reef

Marinebiologists 12g Nano Cube

marinebiologist

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
marinebiologist

ill do that. any suggestions on the next coral? i probably wont get it till the end of the month though.

hmmm, that's a tough one, I would definitely say check out the beginner corals, like softies such as mushrooms and leathers and zoanthids. the only problem is that most mushrooms and zoas are rather fast growers and can over run a tank, my Local Fish store is over run with Xenia, white and silver, and button polyps and Green star polyps.

but as your tank matures you can keep clams and lps with your strong lighting. permitting that you water quality is perfect

check out my thread on the last page I have a Front tank shot, my tank is full of all the EASY corals.

thanks for the fast replies :)

ur welcome. im always looking for updates on yours and coralcors tanks since they are both a bit new and awesome. B)

yea, just wait until the "new car smell" wears off on the thread then you'll be like me, keeping a nano journal online that no one cares to comment about haha.

yep... unless your thread turns into a lounge or you have tons of cat pics it seems that no one cares.

hell i think my tank looks good and it seems like no one cares haha

marinebiologist

a lot of people are getting 150w fixtures for their 12 gallon. can i keep any coral with 70w or should i have gotten the 150w

a lot of people are getting 150w fixtures for their 12 gallon. can i keep any coral with 70w or should i have gotten the 150w

70W is probably plenty for a 12gal. You may just have to be more careful about placing "high" light corals higher in the tank.

marinebiologist

thnx. and what do you think about me getting a clam. is it possible for me to keep one successfully? are they hard to keep?

thnx. and what do you think about me getting a clam. is it possible for me to keep one successfully? are they hard to keep?

I'd give the tank more time to mature.

qwiksilver711
ill give it about 6 months.

Your tank looks AWESOME!, I am a bit jealous, I am trying hard to come up with the cash, so its slowly coming. So I will have to live vicariously through you till then.

marinebiologist
Your tank looks AWESOME!, I am a bit jealous, I am trying hard to come up with the cash, so its slowly coming. So I will have to live vicariously through you till then.

thanks man :D

marinebiologist

just got my light ill get some pics later. how do i acclimate the coral to the light? do i even need to?

marinebiologist

thanks. ill see if my lfs has a toadstool.

is gorilla glue safe for aquarium use because that is the only glue i could find. i also got some pillow stuffing for my filter today.

Archived