Coral Vue Hydros

Marinebiologists 12g Nano Cube

marinebiologist

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
marinebiologist

i decided what fish i want to get. i want to get a hawkfish, so i just got it from the lfs its acclimating right now so ill get some pics soon. ive been researching it a bit but if you guys wanna give me some tips im all ears.

good choice, my girlfriend has a 150w on her 10 gallon and it evaporates water like no tomorrow.

must be nice to be able to keep a reef tank at a young age, when I was your age I wasn't allowed to keep fish. but now I'm out on my own, paying my bills and such and my apartment looks like a Fish store, with 5 tanks running, and I have 3 more in storage haha.

marinebiologist

here is some pics :D

nanocube109.jpg?t=1234827583

nanocube111.jpg?t=1234827640

nanocube114.jpg?t=1234827700

good choice, my girlfriend has a 150w on her 10 gallon and it evaporates water like no tomorrow.

must be nice to be able to keep a reef tank at a young age, when I was your age I wasn't allowed to keep fish. but now I'm out on my own, paying my bills and such and my apartment looks like a Fish store, with 5 tanks running, and I have 3 more in storage haha.

thnx man, and i was going to get a light from someone on this forum that they had made their selves and pay for that. But my mom thought that it would burn the house down so she got me this one. :lol:

no problem, I'd have to agree with your mom on that one bud. definitely don't want to burn down the house.

and I have to agree with Scott on keeping the hawk in a 12 gallon, granted I have a frogfish in my 10 gallon, until he gets bigger, I have a 30 gallon ready and waiting for him.

:o That's racist!

how is that racist!!?? :huh: if it is i didnt mean it to be :mellow: ... i hate racist... :angry:

You realize that fish should be in a 30+ gallon tank?

It might kill your shrimp too.

i agree. wait for it to get bigger before you return it. and if it starts picking at the shrimp, then take it back. but oh well, we all make mistakes.

marinebiologist

yeah i could probably change one of kmy FW tanks into a saltwater once he gets bigger or too aggressive. but he is pretty good right know he even let the shrimp clean him. also the editor of tfh magazine recommended that i get a hawkfish

I don't think that it was meant to be racist... more of a spelling error

it was

I realize that. My racist comment was meant in jest. ;)

all in good fun I know

I've come to the conclusion that unless you are steve T or Weetabix or in the contest your tank doesn't get attention on this site Blerg

marinebiologist

no i do ill do something about it if he causes problems or if he doesnt like being in a small setup. but for right now he looks happy and isnt causing any problems.

marinebiologist

i dont think the hawkfish is going to kill the shrimp anyways because i just saw him let the shrimp clean his sides and the inside of his mouth.

i dont think the hawkfish is going to kill the shrimp anyways because i just saw him let the shrimp clean his sides and the inside of his mouth.

The shrimp is probably too big. But the tank is too small for the fish.

Archived