Pod Your Reef

coralcor's RSM with new tunze and in tank stuff! new fish soon i hope

coralcor

Zoanthids are what i believe the most happiest in the centre and on the bottom as well,as long as they are in the light.But it all depends on what kind of Zoa you have.Next time you buy a new frag ask the guy/girl where it's most happiest in the tank,if it needs extra feeding,etc..

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thats what i did found a rock with a hole in it and put it there. i might move it so its up a little higher. its like 3-4 in off sand bed.

Btw,are you adding the Calcium from Red Sea?Zoa's are stone corals,i got the starterskit with the Succes Calcium bottle with added strontium and iodine,something leather corals really helps them thrive (Easy Life is also good to add).

Btw,are you adding the Calcium from Red Sea?Zoa's are stone corals,i got the starterskit with the Succes Calcium bottle with added strontium and iodine,something leather corals really helps them thrive (Easy Life is also good to add).

nope not doseing anything. i was hoping to not have to.i got the max used so i diddnt get the starter kit. can you get a link to what your talking about? just the product

and arnt zoa's are soft coral's?? http://www.nano-reef.com/corals/

nope not doseing anything. i was hoping to not have to.i got the max used so i diddnt get the starter kit. can you get a link to what your talking about? just the product

and arnt zoa's are soft coral's?? http://www.nano-reef.com/corals/

I believe the Zoa's belong in the easy to hold rock corals,they grow on living rock,they even came as hitch hikers on my living rocks.I have a galaxy coral,a easy to hold stone coral,when i do a water change of 10 % i add a teaspoon of Calcium with the added iodine (with my Devil Fingers leather it's suggested to add some iodine so it will grow allot better or something).

And with the starters kit i meant this one:

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/250Temp...terKit_130.html

I got it with my RSM,you also get a cheap hydro meter to measure the salt level,but next month i am gonna buy a refractometer that will measure the salt level very accurately.

I believe the Zoa's belong in the easy to hold rock corals,they grow on living rock,they even came as hitch hikers on my living rocks.I have a galaxy coral,a easy to hold stone coral,when i do a water change of 10 % i add a teaspoon of Calcium with the added iodine (with my Devil Fingers leather it's suggested to add some iodine so it will grow allot better or something).

And with the starters kit i meant this one:

http://www.redseamax.com/redseamax/250Temp...terKit_130.html

I got it with my RSM,you also get a cheap hydro meter to measure the salt level,but next month i am gonna buy a refractometer that will measure the salt level very accurately.

o i see. i got all the hydrometer/refractometer stuff my calc stays at 440 till i do a wc havent tested right afet a WC but. whats your calc run at?

460,the advised level i believe..I do a water change now every week of about 10% and with the added Calcium.

i do a 5 gal a week ill test my water tomaro and see whats its at. then Saturday ill check what my WC water is at.

i said same thing.....

btw not dosing anything

And I wouldn't think you should be or even need to at this point. Tank is still young and lightly stocked coral wise, yes?

Keep up with general husbandry ( water changes ) and testing.

If and when you do decide you need to dose something, be sure you have the proper test kits for anything you add.

And I wouldn't think you should be or even need to at this point. Tank is still young and lightly stocked coral wise, yes?

Keep up with general husbandry ( water changes ) and testing.

If and when you do decide you need to dose something, be sure you have the proper test kits for anything you add.

yep i only missed one water change. but i for got to buy water that week. and since then i haven't.

I've seen them do this from time to time Cor. Usually back to normal in a few hours.

BTW, I forgot to say that new skimmer looks to be producing rather dark skimmate.

Do you know what is different on that model?

That air regulator you pictured looks the same as the one that came in my RSM 130D

The skimmer neck / cup you showed looks rather oblong, or is that just the angle of the pic?

ive never seen pics of it vomiting... lol. i finally got rid of my clown. i made the trap that the vid showed.

thx for the vid!

yea np man. and yea its teh weirdest thing its back to normal now.

I've seen them do this from time to time Cory. Usually back to normal in a few hours.

BTW, I forgot to say that new skimmer looks to be producing rather dark skimmate.

Do you know what is different on that model?

That air regulator you pictured looks the same as the one that came in my RSM 130D

The skimmer neck / cup you showed looks rather oblong, or is that just the angle of the pic?

the only thing is that the air line is a little bit bigger. i need to take the pump out for cleening tomarow. so i will take some pics. im still messing with it. because in the pic its a little lighter than in person.

and its the stock skimmer only mod is there's about 1/3 in cut off the bottom. the guy befor me used a dremel to do that

the only thing is that the air line is a little bit bigger. i need to take the pump out for cleening tomarow. so i will take some pics. im still messing with it. because in the pic its a little darker than in person.

Ah, well still....looks to be doing fairly well for you.

whats a good ph for the tank to be at? in the morning around 8:30 its at about 7.4-7.5 i cant remember the exact number and ant night around 8:30 -9 its at 8-8.4 is that ok or should i get a ph buffer or some thing?

and needreefunds ill post pics tomorrow

Archived