SaltCritters.com

coralcor's RSM with new tunze and in tank stuff! new fish soon i hope

coralcor

it seems good. my pH is low right now, so im getting buffer tomorrow. i dk why it would be low in the morning...

the light affects the ph leves of your tank. yours will to if you check it before your lights come on and afte.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i didnt know that... oops i just got my water tested at the LFS right after i turned the lights on and i already bought the buffer but i am picking it up tomorrow... oh well i will pick it up just for the heck of it.

my zoas havent opened in a day or too and now its starting to worry me. pics

before

http://www.bostonreefers.org

now, this one seems to have lost a polyp.

DSC_00132.jpg

before

DSC_0013-4.jpg

now. this one seems to be doing the best. there just pissed mostly

DSC_0011-3.jpg

now new coral.

hammer

DSC_0017-2.jpg

toad stool or sumin. it was free

DSC_0019-1.jpg

and my favorite coral to shoot. my xenia

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0020-1.jpg

still no... srry. is there algae growth on them? nudibraches? aptaisia? what are recent results of water test?

no alge no aptasia. and no nudi's that i can see.

thats wat i do to my zoas taht are doing the same thing. but still not opening, but still alive

i just did any one got a pic of the nudi's? i got a bunch of crap in the cup now. mostly small snails. a few pods.and some idk what.

found a pic gona go look in the FW dip water now

you got that for free i love those but i cant find cheap small ones.

yea sure did. from a local guy. if he has baby ill send you one lol. i paied 10$ for a head of hammer and got

xenia(cant find in the tank hopfully sumin ate it its not just floating around.

hammer

the toad stool thing

gsp

and some other sort of GSP.

i found sumin that looks kind of like a nudi but its like the size of this - big.... so idk ill FW dip them again if they dont open buy tues.

good idea. how do u do a FW dip

i floated a bag of distilled FW. so it go to tank temp. then i put the zoa's in the water for a good 2-3 min i think you can go 5 min but i diddnt want to push it you no.

and id ask some one else too incase i do it wrong lol

ok thx. i might do that to my zoas

im doing it to all the zoa's i buy now. i think better safe than sorry. hope these guys pull threw.

the keds red is what im more worried about they were only 5$ but i like them lol. i think the others are good.

my LFS sells 5 polyp pieces for $5 and 1 polyp head for free. the guy there gives really good prices to regular customers like me

lucky you. only one of the like 5 LFS i go to has good coral prices and there merging and moving like an hour away.... piss me off but im gona go get some more 5$ frags for 2-3$ cuz he needs to get red of his stock ASAP

ok the keds red is still not open. and the other one is open a little more. i think ill do another FW dip.

any one think thats a bad idea?

yep bad idea. just wait, probably still stressed from before. also, did you use R/O water to dip it?

just leave the zoas alone, they close up for a few days when stressed

yep bad idea. just wait, probably still stressed from before. also, did you use R/O water to dip it?

just leave the zoas alone, they close up for a few days when stressed

used distilled water... what i use for top offs

Archived