SaltCritters.com

coralcor's RSM with new tunze and in tank stuff! new fish soon i hope

coralcor

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i got home to day and i had 2 boxes at my door. on was from reefking. he sent me a new skimmer since my other one broke. thanks again reefking.

the other was from redsea! i got a skimmer upgrade. trying it out for them. i forgot to take pics out of the tank but next time i gota cleen it ill take pics.

DSC_0113.jpg

you can see the ajustment thingy. but the up grade is basicly a bigger air intake.

and i also got (freebee) the surface skimmer up grade.... its rely big.... it hase to come out about 3in and go over about 3in but we will see how it works. i got pics of that... only in the tank tho

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0111-1.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

and heres the skimmer at work.

DSC_0112.jpg

man i replied in that thread when they asked if anyone watned to try a free upgrade and i was one of the first people

oh well i guess ill just buy my tunze 9002

boy that thing looks big and bulky, more pics and more angles!

it is rely big. later to night ill tank it out and put a ruler next to it and take some pics.

man i replied in that thread when they asked if anyone watned to try a free upgrade and i was one of the first people

oh well i guess ill just buy my tunze 9002

did you PM him?

ok here are the requested pics. i diddnt feel like tankin it out so this best your gona get lol. dont mind the micro bubbles im workin on them. there from when i put in the skimmer

moved the themomiter and mag float

DSC_0138.jpg

dont mind my fat hand

DSC_0135.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

DSC_0126.jpg

DSC_0123-1.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

if you want more pics just ask and maby ill feel nice and take it out for ya lol

o and the skimmer has pulled out alot but its the color of green tea... verry week green tea...

im gessing it just needs to be broken in

ok well i got some pics. all self explanitory. well maby not. i was bored and was lookin at the skimmer so i took some close ups of the skimmer bubbles...

DSC_0003-5.jpg

the others diddnt look so good

Do you still have diatoms?

a little. it going away slowly.

may need to break in but it is basically just water you are collecting right now

yea ill give it a few weeks. see how its doing then

may need to break in but it is basically just water you are collecting right now

+1

Skimmers generally take a week or two before they actually start pulling out skimmate

you may want to adjust the cup of the skimmer and put it up higher if you can

You may have already said this, but what Kind of water are you using?

also most snails LOVE diatoms

like hobos on a ham sandwich

+1

Skimmers generally take a week or two before they actually start pulling out skimmate

you may want to adjust the cup of the skimmer and put it up higher if you can

You may have already said this, but what Kind of water are you using?

also most snails LOVE diatoms

like hobos on a ham sandwich

im using distilled from wal*mart

yea i got to more turbos the other day and there chowing down on it...

I read that your light cycle is from 5:30 Am to 9:30 pm

any reason for the super long photoperiod?

this could be fueling algae growth

I read that your light cycle is from 5:30 Am to 9:30 pm

any reason for the super long photoperiod?

this could be fueling algae growth

no reason rely i think im gona make it go from 6-9 ish

i only say 9 because its about the time i leave the room the tank is in. think 6-9 is good or should i make it like 9-9 or 8-9?

It's maybe skimming like crazy but the RSM skimmer is still a piece of crap,when you ever get a Tunze 9002 you will be amazed how much more crap it pulls out of the tank.

i just changed it to 7-9

does that sound good. ive herd you want 10 hours of light but i get home at 3 so i want it on till 9 so i can watch the tank. maby 8-9 or 9-9 hm but then on the weekends. lol

mine goes from 2pm to 10pm

skimmer and snails should help with the diatoms

One final thought to live by

"Only bad things happen quickly in this hobby"

mine goes from 2pm to 10pm

skimmer and snails should help with the diatoms

One final thought to live by

"Only bad things happen quickly in this hobby"

thats been hard for me. lol

but when it comes down to it i dont have the money to spend on it fast any way so slow is the way to go.

o and i was a petco yesterday and they were selling a 2x2 square of GSP for 55$ and nextto it it was some sort of anenomy(sp i cant evin say that word right) for like 20$. it just seems wered to me. seems like the anenomy should be more$

Anemone's are not really a fine addition to a RSM,they can walk around the tank searching for the best spot (so it's wise to buy a anemone first before other corals)and even can get in the filters,but seeing you have the skimmer upgrade it should not go in the grill.

Anemone's are not really a fine addition to a RSM,they can walk around the tank searching for the best spot (so it's wise to buy a anemone first before other corals)and even can get in the filters,but seeing you have the skimmer upgrade it should not go in the grill.

no i was just saying it made no sence to me. im not getin a nem...

it is rely big. later to night ill tank it out and put a ruler next to it and take some pics.

did you PM him?

yup i sure did

Oh well no biggie im getting ready for a total equipment redo on my RSM anyways

im getting a tunze 9002,stevie t media rack and im retrofitting 4 t5ho bulbs and 28 3 watt led's into a red sea max hood

maybe stevie was being serious about giving me his for free with a big INTANK sticker on it lol

otherwise im gonna buy it anyways from him

No wonder you have such algae problems. Your lights are on for sooooo long! What were you thinking? Cut it back to 8 hours for now, even 6. With strong lighting, not saying the stocking lights are that strong, but corals will reach saturation in 4 hours.

Petco sells cheap crappy anems. They are bleached and are junk plus as stated, anems are a PITA to care for and are not suited for small tanks. Personally I think they are pretty ugly anyway compared to other corals you can keep.

Archived