ReefCleaners.org

coralcor's RSM with new tunze and in tank stuff! new fish soon i hope

coralcor

yea i fixed the lighting time. it was one of the only things i diddnt ask about. i gess i should have asked more question. my shrooms are loveing it too.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i did my first skimmer cleaning with the upgrade. and its doing great... dont beleave me. look for your self.

DSC_00482.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

and thats only 3 days or colection cuz i put it in wed and its sat

From what i have heard it's the perfect color.And btw,don't you know there is a Edit button. :P

DOH i no its there its just every time i got to edit sumin i just hit the fast relply.......

goin to pic op some 5$ frags tomaro.... well maby 10$ frags. and a few pounds(like 10) of dead rock. i like my scape but i need to make it a little longer and wider.

DOH i no its there its just every time i got to edit sumin i just hit the fast relply.......

goin to pic op some 5$ frags tomaro.... well maby 10$ frags. and a few pounds(like 10) of dead rock. i like my scape but i need to make it a little longer and wider.

If think you really should wait a bit longer to add some frags.What is your nitrate and nitrite level at the moment?

If think you really should wait a bit longer to add some frags.What is your nitrate and nitrite level at the moment?

bolth 0

last i checked i think that was wed. ill check them again in a few.

bolth 0

last i checked i think that was wed. ill check them again in a few.

if they are like that for a week already you can add a frag or two.I waited a bit longer,i bought a Galaxy Coral and a Devils Finger just yesterday.

if they are like that for a week already you can add a frag or two.I waited a bit longer,i bought a Galaxy Coral and a Devils Finger just yesterday.

keep in mind the tank was up and runing at another persons house for over a year.

i need more peeps in my thread... but a VERY VERY VERY nice tank so far, coralcor!!

ill stop by in a few gota do my tests.

and thanks

what test kit did you buy? i really need my own and need to stop going to the LFS every week to test my water.

i use the api reef master test kit and the api salt water master test kit.

ok ive notesed i have a dead spot in my tank. its just under my out puts. and i cant seem to fix it.

the red circle is the dead spot

deadspot.jpg

im trying not to put the power head on the other side blowing thrue the back for 2 reasons. i want to put a frogspawn there. and i sit looking thrue that side

ok fixed the problem

and now some pics!

ok my stupid pep shrimp that wont eat aptasia and likes to swim UPSIDEDOWN!

DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_00112.jpg

my new ric has 3 mouths 30$

DSC_0097.jpg

cant member name

DSC_0080.jpg

some sort of GSP

DSC_0075.jpg

idk what this is but i liked it and it was only 5$

DSC_00712-1.jpg

this one was 5$ too. i like it

w/flash

DSC_0089-1.jpg

w/o flash

DSC_0088-1.jpg

i like ur pep. those corals u dont know the name of looks like clove polyps.

yea thats is what it is. that pep shrimp is so stupid. he dont eat.... and he swims upsidedown all the time. hes starting to find the pelets.... but i want him to find aptasia

Be happy that your peppermint shrimp is even swimming upside down,the one i bought just 3 days ago has not shown himself till today,i saw him crawling around between the rocks.When i wanted to snap a picture he saw my camera and within a millisecond he was gone.

And you said the rocks where already from someone that had it running for a year,when you move rock from one tank to another the rock gets a shock and when you add it in the new tank it starts a new cycle.

About your dead spot,could you take a picture of your lights (without flash) when the top is on it's highest level.I don't have a dead spot,maybe your lights are not placed firmly enough,and when the light just is switched on i noticed the RSM lights need to warm up and it slowly becomes lighter.

Be happy that your peppermint shrimp is even swimming upside down,the one i bought just 3 days ago has not shown himself till today,i saw him crawling around between the rocks.When i wanted to snap a picture he saw my camera and within a millisecond he was gone.

And you said the rocks where already from someone that had it running for a year,when you move rock from one tank to another the rock gets a shock and when you add it in the new tank it starts a new cycle.

About your dead spot,could you take a picture of your lights (without flash) when the top is on it's highest level.I don't have a dead spot,maybe your lights are not placed firmly enough,and when the light just is switched on i noticed the RSM lights need to warm up and it slowly becomes lighter.

im wicked happy with pet shrimp. id take a pic but camera baterys dead. and i fixed the dead spot it was verry simple. had to move the left flow nozel a little more to the left lol

i was using a 7 year old heater to heat my WC water lastnight and i left it on 70F but um i got up and checked it. its at 89F wtf now i gota wate to do my WC...

Thats because the old heathers where designed for a certain amount of water to heat,probably 60 liters.If you leave it on 70 in a bucket of a few liters of water it will reach much higher than it is.you can just let the water heat up to room temperature over the night (close the bucket or dust and stuff will fall in) and the next day just add the heater on it's lowest and check on the temperature once in a while till it hits the right temp.77F is a good temp (25 Celcius)

And i just realised,i have a heater where it's thermometer was broken so it did not stop when it hit it's temperature level it needed to heat.Got the same problem with a heater now i use for the water change,i keep it on it's lowest level,just buy a new small heater with about 50 watt,you can get one for the size of the buckets you use for just 12 bucks.(well,here in Holland that is)

can zoa's live on the sand bed? i thin i want to move one of them so they colonize on some of my sand. is that possible. or do they like the rock more?

Archived