Cultivated Reef

RIMLESS

jjjo

Glad to see you back up and running! Looking good, I love that Torch! I think I am going to pick up some Acan Lords as well. I'm trying to find a nice Aussie Rainbow.

-Carl

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to see you back up and running! Looking good, I love that Torch! I think I am going to pick up some Acan Lords as well. I'm trying to find a nice Aussie Rainbow.

-Carl

thanks!!

that green torch is my favorite coral under the daylight. unfortunately, it is put to shame by my other torch under LEDs. the other torch glows orange (still cant get a true pic) and the tips GLOW blue.

i also need an aussie rainbow, as well as a green and purple acan. someday right? haha

Tank looks great. The single arch is an awesome aquascape. Very clean and becomes a great center point. Did you use epoxy or acrylic rods or pvc to hold the rock up or just a careful balancing act?

Thanks!

the aquascape is totally balance. and its very sturdy at that. i shall grab side pic tomorrow, as the frontal view doesnt show the 6 inch overhang that the aussie acan is sitting on!

epoxy and superglue holds the torches in place however...

Same here I'm using epoxy to hold my rock work up and I've started to super glue a couple of frags in place. Just never could decide where to permently fix them. Can't wait for the side shot.

thanks!

and side shot coming.

here is a shot of the torches together under daylight

100_3063.jpg

no flash photography please :)

100_3037.jpg

corner FTS

100_3062.jpg

zoanthids frags that survived:

100_3055.jpg

I loved your Torch so much that I had to get one myself! It should be here on Tuesday. :)

dacd_1.JPG

PS - What kind of camera are you using?

-Carl

wow it looks great

thanks!

I loved your Torch so much that I had to get one myself! It should be here on Tuesday. :)

dacd_1.JPG

PS - What kind of camera are you using?

-Carl

lol! niiice torch! post pics here when u get it!

and im using a kodak point and shoot... yea a point and shoot. i really need a decent cam soon.

anywho... final pics tomorrow until april/early may. i added 2 more aussie acan frags. (these frags are a bit more high end than the acan i currently have)

-dan

thanks!

no candys till i get a summer job! lol

here are acans under LED... will get pic in daylight when they open up tomorrow.

100_3075.jpg

A Kodak PAS? No way! I have a nice Canon point and shoot, and I can't seem to get any nice closeup pictures. I thought the technique was to be fully zoomed out and use macro mode with the lens against the glass. Doesn't seem to be working for me!

-Carl

final FTS till a month or so:

100_3079.jpg

A Kodak PAS? No way! I have a nice Canon point and shoot, and I can't seem to get any nice closeup pictures. I thought the technique was to be fully zoomed out and use macro mode with the lens against the glass. Doesn't seem to be working for me!

-Carl

yeah its definitely a point and shoot!

i usually stand 3 feet from the tank for macro shots... or for some corals right against the glass.

i never zoom all the way though, or else they become blurry. kind of hard to explain how to take good macros... just takes practice and time to learn. i wish i HAD a nice DSLR though...

and as promised... here is the tank only with 1 t5 geissman t5 aquablue daylight bulb (i took the actinic bulb out)... and NO leds running either

100_3080.jpg

Beautiful! I hope that my tank one day looks this good. You have no algae issues whatsoever!

Is that Magfloat the only method you use to scrape the glass?

-Carl

Hi jjjo, wow after looking at your FTS, I'm so proud of you and happy for you as well!

Congrats to your nice tank! I must admit that your previous before the crash was nice. But I'm impress that you have make it even nicer now! Your scaping is one of the coolest I have seen for a nano.

Very nice and impressive! :happy:

Beautiful! I hope that my tank one day looks this good. You have no algae issues whatsoever!

Is that Magfloat the only method you use to scrape the glass?

-Carl

thanks carl!

i use the magfloat for you everyday (well its visible after a few days) algea film on the glass. monthly/bimonthly, i have to get a razor blade out and scrape coralline that has grown near the sand and corners of the tank. the back wall i leave alone. if need be, i can scrape coralline from the back wall... but it hasnt proven to be an issue YET. (coralline started forming, and then my tank crash because of the heater... and since restarting the tank.. its only begun to grow again). its hard to see in the pics... but i just got over a slight diatom algea breakout (most likely due to the carbon i added to clear the water up when i replaced the sand bed). i removed the carbon, and all of a sudden, the diatoms went away.

there are also traces of hair algea in the tank from the crash a month ago.

wow, love the zen look of your rockwork.

thanks! you have no idea what a pain in the a$$ it was to scape the tank... the whole scape is BALANCE.

Hi jjjo, wow after looking at your FTS, I'm so proud of you and happy for you as well!

Congrats to your nice tank! I must admit that your previous before the crash was nice. But I'm impress that you have make it even nicer now! Your scaping is one of the coolest I have seen for a nano.

Very nice and impressive! :happy:

thanks!! my tank still isnt quite up to par yet. and yours is DEFINITELY nicer! if only i had some of the zoanthids you have... (i had a nice collection going, and many of them died during the heater crisis)

and thanks for the comments on the scaping. should look good when things grow in and such. ( i also am looking for 1 more torch coral to fill the void behind the two torches i currently have)

beautiful!

thanks! :)

-dan

Where do you buy your corals from? My Torch came today and it looks fantastic! I will be posting more pictures tomorrow in my thread.

-Carl

some zoanthid growth: its amazing how fast these grew! AND further more, they lived through the heater crash, and STILL grew!

about a week before christmas

100_2912.jpg

december 26th

100_2919.jpg

a week after new years

100_2925.jpg

(they are not in focus, as i was taking a pic of the envy oranges.. but u can see the same zoas in this pic)

early march

100_3055.jpg

im quite amazed. should hopefully be a full colony in no time!

Where do you buy your corals from? My Torch came today and it looks fantastic! I will be posting more pictures tomorrow in my thread.

-Carl

oh niiice man!

post pics asap!

i get corals from friends, and from other places and from various LFS.

eddiecorrea

Havent checked in for awhile but I'm glad your tank is making a good recovery.

Havent checked in for awhile but I'm glad your tank is making a good recovery.

thanks!

does anyone think it would "pushing my luck" to try and keep a crocea clam in my tank? i really love the way they look, and would love to put one my my tank...

it would be about 3-5" from the surface of the water... right under the t5s.

any advice would be great!

-dan

joel sandoman

Love the aquascape. I miss the yellows. Great looking torch. First one that I have been envious of since I got mine.

Archived