Coral Vue Hydros

RIMLESS

jjjo

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the comments!

this tank was initially built by someone else. but i had to tear it apart, buy a new glass bottom (the origninal was acrylic) because it had sprung a leak.

im glad i redid it when i did since at the time the tank wasnt stocked yet.

Sweet looking tank! B)

Do you get any noise with that overflow setup?

more pics :D

there is no noise other than the noise my skimmer makes. which is like nothing.

when i had a maxijet 1200 for a return, there was a bit of noise from the pump. i have since however downgraded to a maxijet 900 for a return because the 1200 was a bit much and there was too much flow in the front of the tank when i was using it.

purplefirefish
thanks for the kind comments. The yellows are definitely a showpiece in my aquarium. i love them a lot!

anyway, i will get those new pics tomorrow.

-dan

they wanna come live with me...

they wanna come live with me...

hah!

anyway, i think its time to put up the list of the rest of the corals i need to get for this tank... perhaps someone around will see this and magically they will show up at my door :) lol

future corals:

LPS:

torch coral from LFS display (thats the only torch i want)

Zoanthids/palys:

Purple hornets

candy apple reds

rainbows

rastas

spidermans

nuc greens

any other nice ones

SPS:

red planet acro

sounds like a lot, but there are still many bare spots in my aquarium. my goals are to measure up to NTOTM tanks some day. all of them have one thing in common... lots of corals, and lots of color. im going to be in so much trouble with my parents (im only 18) after they find out how much money some of the corals cost... not good.

happy reefing,

dan

i was bored and i found a pic of my former tank. although i do miss it a lot, it is nothing compared to the tank i have now!

100_2266.jpg

anyway thats all.

i will update with new pics in early march. until then,

happy reefing

Dude your tank is sick. Those yellow zoas are amazing.

haha now on to page 3

thanks man!

have a quick general question for anyone though:

im worried about the summer... if i keep my bedroom at 80 degrees (using an AC) or running a fan on the tank... which would be the better way to keep the tank cool? fan or AC?

thanks,

dan

Thanks Dan, I abs LOVE the yellows... I've only had them since December and they're growing nicely. These are by far the nicest coral in my tank. I have yet to see these anywhere else, I feel so lucky! :D

PB4.jpg

Looks like you scored what we all want CaliDreamin! How red are those skirts? They dont look very red in that pic.

the skirts on the yellow zoas arent red. they are more dark brown in my tank.

my camera for some reason made the skirts reddish. in my old tank when i had just a frag of the yellows, the skirts were lighter brown.

the one thing that remains constant is the center... always yellow :)

Yes... I do consider myself VERY lucky! :)

*As for the skirts, they're reddish/purple. They are a bit darker then they look, mind you I shot that picture with a cell phone! None the less, VERY bright and yes Dan... definatly yellow! haha

sweet lookin' tank! I think you'll be NTOM in no time! Do those actinic LEDs make a noticeable difference? Pics of 'em off?

THANKS!!!!!!! i do hope to be a NTOTM nominee some day... i feel like im too young however (only 18).

unfortunately i do not have a pic with LEDs off. after seeing my tank with them on... im sure pics with them off would be a total letdown... as i only run 2 x t5s and the color from them isnt all that great (due to a lack of combination of bulbs)

when i get home in march, i shall take a pic tho just to compare. the LEDs make a huge difference though. (for one they give my tank an amazing blue tint, and the other is it makes the corals glow really nicely).

wow, just plain wow.... very nice!

thanks!! :)

Yes... I do consider myself VERY lucky! :)

*As for the skirts, they're reddish/purple. They are a bit darker then they look, mind you I shot that picture with a cell phone! None the less, VERY bright and yes Dan... definatly yellow! haha

haha! wait... that pic was with a cell phone?!?

Nice looking tank! Love all the zoas!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot! really appreciate the comments! helps the fact that the only way i see my tank for the next month and a half is through cell phone pics from my parents.

-dan

Archived