Innovative Marine Aquariums

RIMLESS

jjjo

Thanks for the comments.

The purple and yellow bulb torch is definitely my favorite coral ever! Beats any rainbow coral ive ever owned.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, your scape is so open and... clean! Less is more when it comes to rock (and it pays to have nicely shaped rock). It looks like you have some similar zoas to mine (the rusty brown with red ring on the disc). Looking very nice! :D

+1 on quality over quantity. I also hate it when people have a nice tank and the sandbed is scattered with frag plugs. As far as the torch vs. hammer, I dunno if they would outright KILL each other (they're both Euphyllia but different species), but there would more than likely be some damage... I understand torches have quite long sweepers.

thanks BlueAbyss!

and you dont know the half of it. The FTS i posted shows the torch only 2/3 of the way open. around 3pm, that green torch extends like 9-10 inches.

• 3 weeks later...

MY god i forgot this thread existed. ITS BEEN A WHILE! HOWS EVERYONE DOING? :)

How bout a low quality cell phone vid for you all? (lol sorry it isnt of better quality)

th_0829090948a.jpg

Thanks guys!

Prepare for a tank redo in a few weeks. (going to get some new LR and make the craziest nano scape i can conjure)

well im stoked omgomgomg

• 2 weeks later...

Oh and i guess ill post some zoo pix to add some substance to the thread... IMO its BORING at the moment. the amount of "broken link" pix is outrageous.

100_4861.jpg

100_4887.jpg

100_2908.jpg

100_4677.jpg

100_5044.jpg

100_5038.jpg

100_4883.jpg

100_4884.jpg

100_4886.jpg

bad cell phone quality pics of the corals im picking up on thursday :)

(they are in a friends tank at the moment)

more torches

IMG_0062.jpg

and old friend (getting this back) Blue hydnophora

CIMG1471.jpg

I also will be picking up a few zoo frags, and a bunch of tonga branch live rock.

thanks for looking,

dan

MichiganReefer

those zoas are amazing, I am consistently surprised at their range of colors. Although, when I get them home, they never look as good as in their online pictures.

those zoas are amazing, I am consistently surprised at their range of colors. Although, when I get them home, they never look as good as in their online pictures.

yeah i hear ya! That is why i run the lighting that i run... So i never run into issues like that.

100_3152.jpg

If anything, corals look just as good as they do in the LFS. (although no ACTINIC in the world can make up for PHOTOSHOP... :( sad people take advantage of such a powerful program.

-dan

Wow thats such a nice tank really one if the best what is that a 3 head green torch i like the structure of it and of course that color

Wow thats such a nice tank really one if the best what is that a 3 head green torch i like the structure of it and of course that color

thanks!

unfortunately the torch has begun to outgrow my small tank :(

100_4886.jpg

lol at the top of the pic u can barely see purple hornets

Archived