Pod Your Reef

Snowflake Clownfish laying eggs

christosclowns

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

Well the clutch was still a bit loose and my digital is with my wife and shes in disney with my babies so ill have to wait till tomorrow. It did look like the male was attempting to do a better job. Well have to see if they eat the eggs again. Considering they havent layed in two weeks since the move im expecting thst this one has a 50 50 chance and only time will tell. I will keep ya posted im saying my prayers tonight see ya guys thanks for following

christosclowns

Well day 2 and the male has eaten half the clutch already. Dman lol its so frustrating. Now i question myslef why and is he still to young. There are only three reasons. The first is he may be infertile. The 2nd is he is still a lil to young and it might take him some time. And the third is he is not yet synchronized with the femlale. But if he was infertile by day three the eggs that are left should be white so im not leaning toward that. I think he still has some practicing to do it ill happen I hope

christosclowns

well i have bad news again he has aten all the eggs again I am so frustrated. I hope he gets the hang of it this is clutch number three eaten. At least they are laying again is right thank you well see what happens

christosclowns

IM TRYING IM GONNA GIVE HIM AS MANY TIMES AS HE NEEDS NO POINT IN BREAKING UP A PAIR IT MAY TAKE 189,00 TRIES LOL HELL GET IT UNLESS OF COURSE HE IS STERILE BUT OUT OF 40 PAIRS THAT I HAVE OWNED AND MOST BEING HYBRIDS I HAVENT SEEN A STERILE ONE YET LOL I DONT WANT TO JINX MYSELF LOL

christosclowns

Ok here we go again there cleaning spawn number 4 should be any fay now. That was quick 9 days after she layed well see what happens this time cmon babyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol

christosclowns

you know what i hope so to because i spend allot of time and and patience with all my clowns they get more attention than you could possibly imagine its sick

what's been going on with the picasso's have they been trying at all it looks like they were showing some breeding behavor from the movie?

christosclowns

they are showing breeding behavior I dont know i tried to trick them today by putting eggs in their tank so well see if it works. The snowflake pair should lay again this week so well see what happens this time damn it lol. Ill keep everyone posted see ya and thank you

christosclowns

i do pull the eggs but if you pull them on day two or day three its hard to incubate for 5 days after day 5 its easy but you cant replicate mother nature up to day three ive tried thank you for the thread though I will try my best

Archived